Sign in to follow this  
Wuzzie

Poison

So I was watching Battle Royale again last night and it got to this magnificent scene:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v329286855s9swS9?h1=Battle+Royale+Poison+Scene

(Sorry for poor video host, only youtube vid was in French)

And it got me thinking. There seems to be a desire to shift the game dynamics to more cooperative play and for ways that people could get back at all these nasty bean killers. To me, poison seems like a nice addition.

I propose that some kind of poison is created that can be combined with food or water sources to either boobytrap your existing gear or to be used offensively by then gifting the item to fellow players or descretely adding the item to the backpack (and waiting for it to be consumed).

There could be a requirement for an antidote, but personally I wouldnt bother.

For my initial proposal:

1) I would recommend that poison effects cause a temporary (1-3 mins) blackout and timer with a loss of 3-6000 blood

2) The item has no features that can identify it as poisoned, even in your own inventory. If you combine the poison you have to remember which item it is.

Effects on gameplay:

Trust is a big one. You wouldnt necessarily know the source of the item. So you could give it to friendly team mates and then claim innocennce as they pass out on the floor. You could even finish them off if you wish...

Also boobytraps for players that have killed you. Not enough to be unfair or unbalanced (I for one LOVE to kill for beans) but enough to say "fuck you" and if they are injured from your encounter, potentially kill them.

I tend to roll with a pretty large group (30+) so I think this game is a little different for us compared to the lone wolves out there. I also think that the survival time is increasing as more people convince friends to purchase the game or form groups. This would provide a solution for the times when 5 of you find a particular weapon and you dont want to share.

Thoughts on this?

(BTW if you haven't already watch Battle Royale (available on free Netflixs trial atm). It will teach you loads about surviving in a true PvP enviroment with only a pan lid for protection... OMG shotgun is OP!!! Nerf RQD)

• Like 2

No more shameless bumping for you good sir! B)

For I agree. Some kind of poison dynamic would indeed be interesting to see. Additionally, your use of the lighthouse Battle Royale scene was golden haha!

Anyhoo, while I was thinking how the poisoning of people would be cool, I hit the roadblock of; how exactly would one get such a thing?

Then it hit me. Infected blood.

Let's say you have a bloodbag. Should you find a dead zed around, you could drain the blood from it into the bloodbag. And hey presto! A poison source right in your inventory. You could then choose to decant the blood into anything of your choice (meaning all food and drink in your inventory could have an extra option to be tainted with this blood).

Again, as you mentioned above, this would mean thinking twice about what you're looting. Perhaps the guy/girl you just shot has poisoned their stuff?

This would be using all components in the current game. Hopefully this idea could be bolstered a little more?!

Cheers.

(BTW if you haven't already watch Battle Royale (available on free Netflixs trial atm). It will teach you loads about surviving in a true PvP enviroment with only a pan lid for protection... OMG shotgun is OP!!! Nerf RQD)

That movie taught me that submachine guns only need to be reloaded once per thousand rounds, that shotguns are super weapons, that heads with grenades destroy buildings and that an exploding truck can take out a whole multistory building. As well as small asian men can handle about 20 rounds to the body, then hold a short conversation with someone on a phone and instantly die a short time later.

Oh, and 9mm pistols use 3 rounds before their magazine is empty.

Yeah... If I played in this game like those people 'survived' I'd be dead every 5 minutes.

Edited by Zeromentor
  • Like 1

That movie taught me that submachine guns only need to be reloaded once per thousand rounds, that shotguns are super weapons, that heads with grenades destroy buildings and that an exploding truck can take out a whole multistory building. As well as small asian men can handle about 20 rounds to the body, then hold a short conversation with someone on a phone and instantly die a short time later.

Oh, and 9mm pistols use 3 rounds before their magazine is empty.

Yeah... If I played in this game like those people 'survived' I'd be dead every 5 minutes.

Hahaha. Very true.

I think the mechanic OP was after was one of a lack of trust. Something that already exists in the game, sure, but this would certainly increase the fluidity of things.