Sign in to follow this  
robciviccrx

FTP access on Vilayer or lack of it.

Since Vilayers code update like 4-5 days ago I have no ftp access to my "VilayerFallujah" folder all I get is 500 access denied, every other folder works fine.

I want to back up our ban list, edit the filters etc and the easiest and only way to edit the filters is through ftp.

I have sent a ticket to which the first repsonse was "use bercon to retrieve your ban list", well that was a shit reply. Then I raged a little and was told my permissions would return to as the were...well thats still not happened.

Im posting this to see if anyone else has this problem or its just us and our server because if it is and they still dont fix it today then we wont be carrying on to pay vilayer.

Had 4-5 days with zero ftp access altogether had to use the annoying web interface, due to a bug in ACP.

But it got sorted out in the end & all is good. Been with vilayer for 4months + thats been the only real issue i had with them.

There first answer might have worded badly, but alteast they told u an alternative way to retrieve the banlist till the problem gets sorted out.

They are normally good support, they prob been busy due to issues with private servers & people not been able to login.

So unless u are going to go dedicated server in the future, i would just ask for an update to your access problems. And give them a chance to get it sorted out