magnus_oestland@hotmail.com

My first day of dayz

This game is just pure awesome! I just got to say what happened on my first day of playing dayz!

Life 1

Spawned, found a zombie, found out I can bleed. Died.... lol

Life 2

Dark, oh so dark. Playing on servers that has other time sones during day is dumb xD Using flashlight I managed to find a einfield, loads of ammo and some food and soda. Managed to stay alive a few hours actually

Life 3

Instantly after spawning inn I found a dude with ALL kinds of goods. Silenced machinegun, silenced gun, nightvision etc. absolutely everything. I looted him and ran around feeling like a total baddass. Then I found a car!!! A working car!! I drove around ALL of the map before runing out of fuel :( then I got teleported to a dude with a sniper wich shot me and everyone else on the server... hacker? Meh whatever was fun xD

Life 4 about 15 hours inn and still alive. Found a 50cal sniper on a dead dude with 40 bullets. Found me a 24slot backpack straight after and a makarov. Filled my backpack with food and soda before meeting upp with a friend of mine. Then the two of uss looted the airfield, firestation, local market and camped inn the local church after beeing shot at from god knows where. Kept pulling zombies because we shot the ones who came inn the door. Killed like 40 zombies before we made a run for it, and found a field hospital!! Now stacked upp on food, soda, water, bloodpacks, morphine, injector, bandages, painkillers and with a sniper, I cant wait to see what tomorow brings. Maybe I will try and camp some lighttower or some other high upp points and kill some people. Nah I`ll rather just stay alive having fun killing zombies and staying out of other players way. Because seriously, I`ve had 2 people dying trying to chase me down for my sniper O.o or "boomstick" as my friend calls it because I pull half the zombies inn the world every time I fire it xD so damn loud!

Great game and great fun!!

• Like 1

I had a little bit longer first life. I spawned in god-knows where ran for a bit, discovered i could bleed and got chased through a forest in near darkness till i found a barn to hide in, discovered i could bandage. Found nothing in the barn and ran until i found some town and ran into the first building i saw and kept passing out, then heard gunshots rather close to me got scared and died in a ball on the floor.

For the love of god do not become one of those assholes that sits on the hills sniping survivors that are trying to do their thing. Also, welcome to DayZ, you'll like it here.

Edited by Josh225
  • Like 3

I had a little bit longer first life. I spawned in god-knows where ran for a bit, discovered i could bleed and got chased through a forest in near darkness till i found a barn to hide in, discovered i could bandage. Found nothing in the barn and ran until i found some town and ran into the first building i saw and kept passing out, then heard gunshots rather close to me got scared and died in a ball on the floor.

For the love of god do not become one of those assholes that sits on the hills sniping survivors that are trying to do their thing. Also, welcome to DayZ, you'll like it here.

I Agree, please don't. We have enough of those people as it is.

• Like 1

Yeah dont become one of them my first life on it went quite well spawned in city got enfield and makarov plus 24 slot bakpak plenty of ammo food and water found a group of survivors teamed up gave them some food survived for a few days (real life time) and was sniped in 5 days

Ok this is starting to piss me off. Where is the coop inn this game? Where are the nice guys? I cba to play dayz anymore with these snipers shooting you no mather where you are dammit! Is there any whitelist servers or private servers where I can join? To actually have some coop with other players instead of looting for 10 hours building your gear to be randomly sniper inn the woods..... its so stupid..... I`d like to play WITH people and learn the ropes of the game and have fun killing zombies. Rather then randomly dying every 10-20 hour after getting good loot....to a dude wich name I dont know and I never saw coming....

Ok this is starting to piss me off. Where is the coop inn this game? Where are the nice guys? I cba to play dayz anymore with these snipers shooting you no mather where you are dammit! Is there any whitelist servers or private servers where I can join? To actually have some coop with other players instead of looting for 10 hours building your gear to be randomly sniper inn the woods..... its so stupid..... I`d like to play WITH people and learn the ropes of the game and have fun killing zombies. Rather then randomly dying every 10-20 hour after getting good loot....to a dude wich name I dont know and I never saw coming....

yep, plenty of private servers, little searching of the forums/ google will find you one.

Otherwise, just stick to low pop servers, or learn how not to be targeted by snipers eg areas to avoid

I just stick to lesser populated areas (small towns and stuff like that) try when going to a new location to walk through the woods the snipers are looking at the streets not in the woods try not to run or atract zombies because its easy to find someone when they are being chased andif you think there might be a sniper but you dont know where stick to cover running from cover to cover okay maybe not running crouch run is what i mean

All I can say Norksi, is that you need to learn to deal with the snipers, they're not going away. Stay in a much cover as possible, check around each corner, check you six frequently, and most importantly, never stop moving. If you stop momentarily, that's an easy shot for any novice sniper, and in general you don't want to spend more than a minute or two at any one building, as everything you do draws attention, and you're easier to track if you move through town slowly.

As far as playing with people, I suggest getting active in the general discussion forum. There, there are sub-forums 'bandit campfire' and 'survivor HQ', both to find people with those general play styles, then there's also clan recruitment in there. Nice guys you randomly meet in game are hard to come by, as everyone is paranoid of dying, and the biggest threat in this game is another player you know nothing about, so most will either shoot you in fear, or lusting after gear you're carrying around. Your best bet is finding a hero skin player, but even then, be careful. Some bandits will humanity farm with their buds to pretend to be a Hero. But If I see you in game (cause you probably won't be seeing me) I'll give you a friendly heal and some gear.

Best of luck, and be careful out there!

• Like 1

Well after listening to what you said. I`ve been keeping out of the big cities. I found a tent with loads of guns inn the woods and picked upp a silenced mp5 with 9 mags ^^

I`m now on day 2 of surviving, hunting animals with my silenced weapon for food and using 2 field bottles for water supply. I am far into the wilderness just staying alive and having fun doing so by myself =)

+ while beeing bored I tried to see if I could find some sweet usefull stuff inn some old apartments inn the outscirts of a small village. I found myself a full body camo and binocoulars. So with 8 cans of soda, 9 pieces of cooked meat and a silenced weapon wearing full camo I`m having fun scouring the woods for animals and old farms/barns for mp5 ammo.

Also, I helped out a dude that got chasen down by zombies. I heard someone shooting, then I used my binocoulars to see what it was. I found a dude trying to crawl away from some zombies, and every time he tried to stand upp he lay back down. Broken leggs I guess. And I heard clicks from his weapon meaning its empty. So I ran to him, shot the zombies, used a bandage on him, then morphine and gave him a bloodtransfusion :)

He thanked me alot saying he was new to the game and asked to tag along but I said sorry m8 I`d rather do this solo, bigger chance of surviving.

But I gave him 3 pieces of cooked meat and 3 cans of soda and a makarov gun with 3 clips. Said here you go, have fun and try not to get killed by any zombies. And for the love of god dont go into any cities, youll get shot.

After that I somehow got a new skin, looked it upp. Seems I have the hero skin now lol :)

Again this game is awesome, and now that I`ve learned to keep my head down, stay away from big cities and if I have to go there just stay inn the outskirts and get out again as fast as possible. Its great fun! Also, you dont have to go to a city to find weapons and ammo. Just go deep into the woods, people always set upp random "hidden" tents there with lots of good stuff xD

• Like 1

seems like your doing well i only have one thing to say about the last part though many bandits will set up a tent with some stuff in it to attract people and will kill you while you are looting so be careful when looting tents

• Like 1

seems like your doing well i only have one thing to say about the last part though many bandits will set up a tent with some stuff in it to attract people and will kill you while you are looting so be careful when looting tents

Well, its the first thing to do inn the game, loot tents for a awesome main wep. If you do that when you allready have nothing then you got nothing to loose. Also, it should be fairly simple to see what is a trap tent and whats not. For example a tent innside a tree that you can barely see from a distance is most likely not a trap, and tents wich are putt upp inn a group of 3-4 is most likely not a trap either. But tents put inn a place that can be spotted from far away or a random tent put somewhere close to hiding places or inn clear sight of far away places through a opening inn the landscape is most likely traps.

Every time before I try to loot a tent I ask myself, "would I put a trap tent here, where would I hide to shoot and how easy is it to snipe this location". Then I will loot it if I see a nice "hidden" route to take either by crawling or hiding inn bushes/trees while looting so I`m hard to snipe.

I never wants to die to a sniper or bandit again! Nor will I kill one and become one of them. I will only shoot if I have to.... and the only time I had to shoot someone I shot him so he bled then ran while he hid for bandaging. There was no "was killed" message so I know he survived.

I`m no easy newbieprey anymore! xD

I`ve used 5 mags of smg ammo to practise shooting on runing/walking/crawling zombies at different distances to get a feel of how to shoot the gun. I`m surprised to find realistic bullet drop and delay at far distances. Has been a long time since I noticed that inn a fps shooter!!! awesome :)

the thing is you got it right and all but the snipers in this game can be really smart some times making a distraction tent exactly where you would think it would be safe