kingscuba

Might be making a RPG TvT DayZ server.

This idea has become offical. Find more details @ http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96467-the-last-resistance-tvt-rpg-whitelist/

Well guys, I have a nice little lingor server, and I want to do something interesting.

Basically, the idea is to split the map in half. One team gets the west siide, the other team gets the east, If you look here http://dayzdb.com/map/lingor#3.049.035 it'll be basically split at 044. You'll pick the team you want to go on, and you CAN switch later if you find out that you hate your teams guts, but the other teams faction would have to accept you. Once you choose a faction, you really need to stick to it.

So, instead of simply worrying about zombies and the random 'Tag you're it' player, you need to start worrying about boundaries, organized team strikes, etc. You'll also have a team with resources [cars, tents, etc] when you enter, so there will be both private and community tents. I feel this will bring a great amount of depth and make a great game :]

A few things I want to see in this server are :

Resource Hording [Gathering all the vehicles and trying to steal/destroy the enemy vehicles]

Tactical Strikes [Multiple faction players gathering to attack the enemy]

A few Independant organizations [Mercenary Groups, a nuetral transportation service, ETC.. These must be OK'd by me.]

Trading between the factions [Weapons and such]

Faction Base of Operations

Hold ups/Kidnappings

Faction members Helping eachother

Events every now and again [A Race, a town deathmatch, ETC]

What I will NOT tolerate

Hacking [Obviously. I'll be reading logs and banning.]

Spies [Won't deal with this bullsht. the spy AND the guy getting the info will be banned.]

Battle Logging

Griefing Noobs [Hold em up and ransom their ass out or leave em alone lmao.]

So ya. Anyone aboard? If this gets alot of support, I'll just end up tossing a PW on the server and it'll be approval only server.

Edited by King Scuba
  • Like 5

Yeah, it sounds like a very immersive and interesting experience.

I ran it by my clannies, and everyone was interested, So I figured i'd present the idea. I'll end up having to tweak my server probably to allow a few more vehicles.

I've personally played on a server sorta like this back in a game called Tribes [you HAD to rely on your team, and there was a ton of resource capturing required], and it was downright the best experience I've ever had.

Edited by King Scuba

In my honest opinion, YES. Sounds like alot of fun and would love if more private hives would do this, beans for you.

lots of support so far. If this goes off like im hoping it does, we'd be in for a ton of fun