kingscuba

Might be making a RPG TvT DayZ server.

Well guys, I have a nice little lingor server, and I want to do something interesting.

Basically, the idea is to split the map in half. One team gets the west siide, the other team gets the east, If you look here http://dayzdb.com/map/lingor#3.049.035 it'll be basically split at 044. You'll pick the team you want to go on, and you CAN switch later if you find out that you hate your teams guts, but the other teams faction would have to accept you. Once you choose a faction, you really need to stick to it.

So, instead of simply worrying about zombies and the random 'Tag you're it' player, you need to start worrying about boundaries, organized team strikes, etc. You'll also have a team with resources [cars, tents, etc] when you enter, so there will be both private and community tents. I feel this will bring a great amount of depth and make a great game :]

A few things I want to see in this server are :

Resource Hording [Gathering all the vehicles and trying to steal/destroy the enemy vehicles]

Tactical Strikes [Multiple faction players gathering to attack the enemy]

A few Independant organizations [Mercenary Groups, a nuetral transportation service, ETC.. These must be OK'd by me.]

Trading between the factions [Weapons and such]

Faction Base of Operations

Hold ups/Kidnappings

Faction members helping eachother

Events every now and again [A Race, a town deathmatch, ETC]

What I will NOT tolerate

Hacking [Obviously. I'll be reading logs and banning.]

Spies [Won't deal with this bullsht. the spy AND the guy getting the info will be banned.]

Battle Logging

Griefing Noobs [Hold em up and ransom their ass out or leave em alone lmao.]

So ya. Anyone aboard? If this gets alot of support, I'll just end up tossing a PW on the server and it'll be approval only server.

Edited by King Scuba
  • Like 2

Wonderful idea. One question, though. Have you given any thought to having four different factions instead of just two? Split the map four different ways between four different teams of players. This'll open up the board to a whole lot of temporary alliances and stunning betrayals. One faction getting to be too powerful? The other three can band together and coordinate a massive strike against the strongest.

Not sure if the Lingor map would be able to accommodate a four way split like that, though. I've never played on it. Also, will we be starting fresh on this server (new characters with starter equipment kept track of independently from the main HIVE) or will we get to bring with us gear that we already have? I'd much prefer a game like this to be kept track of independently from the other servers, because I don't want anyone bringing in hacked weapons and items from other servers and I don't want to run the risk of losing the character I'm already running on the public servers. Besides, it'd just seem right to start all the characters fresh for a competition like this. That way there won't be an unnatural advantage if one team brings in a metric fuckton of AKM's while the other team just starts with basic or low-tier gear.

my server currently runs on the HFB private hive. there's a slim chance people can bring their stuff in as far as I'm aware.

And we wouldn't be able to do the 4 way split due to the airports in my opinion. Each faction gets one airport. If this ends up being really popular, then yea, i can start seeing multiple factions.

Heh, cool. Maybe two main organizations and a few smaller independent organizations. Ah well. It'll be interesting to see where this is gonna go.

yea pretty much. The minor organizations will only have 1 town for base [probably Tucos] and will HAVe to be a small clan. Then I'd like to see some kind of transport/Trading service that the entire server supports [i.E everyone fixes a bus, hands it to a guy, and noone is allowed to shoot the bus up.]

How many towns does Lingor have? And how far will territory spread outside the influence of a town? And will the manner of town influence what kind of organization is allowed to form around it? Cause I'd love to be part of a small, independent scavenging faction that makes its living through trade with the other factions. Maybe even allow for a few trading caravans that hold no territory and instead travel around conducting trade.

Am I messing up your rhythm with my constant jabbering? When I see an idea I like I can't help but talk about it incessantly, like some manner of enthusiastic drunken howler monkey.

Edited by Kajin

This sounds really cool, reminds of a Minecraft experiment mentioned on the forums a while back where a few guys were dropped into a contained and limited world. It should be interesting to see what this experiment brings and I'd love to be a part of it.

How many towns does Lingor have? And how far will territory spread outside the influence of a town? And will the manner of town influence what kind of organization is allowed to form around it? Cause I'd love to be part of a small, independent scavenging faction that makes its living through trade with the other factions. Maybe even allow for a few trading caravans that hold no territory and instead travel around conducting trade.

Am I messing up your rhythm with my constant jabbering? When I see an idea I like I can't help but talk about it incessantly, like some manner of enthusiastic drunken howler monkey.

Nope. exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

As far as territory goes, it'll probably end up in shifts of peace, war, ETC. If there's a ton of smaller factions, then they can group up to support/rise against one of the factions, so there can def be some good drama and rp. Lingor has about 6 BIG towns, and a good 40 smaller ones, followed up by smaller clusters that could be someones base.

I'm not sure how you'd get trade caravans going though... you'd have to monopolize all the heli crash sites, raid all the high value loot, and collect a massive amount of Car parts/health items I think... communication wouldn't really be an issue since my clans TS would be the gathering grounds.

How many vehicles will we have access to? Enough so that every faction will have at least something or will there be some intense squabbling along those particular lines? Also, I heard that all available buildings in Lingor can be entered and have loot points. Is this true, or is that the other unofficial map?

Edited by Kajin

How many vehicles will we have access to? Enough so that every faction will have at least something or will there be some intense squabbling along those particular lines? Also, I heard that all available buildings in Lingor can be entered and have loot points. Is this true, or is that the other unofficial map?

damn near on the buildings part. I went through at least 200 buildings, went up to one that i couldn't enter "Holy fk, i can't enter something?!" Getting gear in Lingor is CRAZY easy.

Cars are a resource. Resources are first come, first serve. You need to gather as many resources as you can. The only thing that wouldn't be first come would be vehicles for neutral parties that benefit the entire server (Such as a bus that transports people)

Edited by King Scuba

I was just looking for a server like this, lol. Would definitely be interested. I think the small independent groups are a great idea as well, as it would add a lot of depth to the server and effect the way everything plays out as far as power struggle between the two main clans (due to alliances being formed with the smaller, independent groups)

Split this up into more factions maybe have it split up by town control and I bet you could get alot of people. But i'd be on board either way

The way It seems it's going to be run is that there's going to be two major factions as well as the possibility for several smaller factions, pending approval from King Scuba. I'd much prefer being in a small, independent faction but we'll have to see if the game lends itself well to that sort of thing or if the small factions just end up being crushed.

Truth be told, I'd like it if the small factions actually had a player count that outnumbered the larger factions, but due to their smaller independent nature aren't able to put up a big enough fight against the two largest factions.

whats the name of the server i would love to do this it sounds great reater than just playing by your self or in a clan it would be like a massive war

whats the name of the server i would love to do this it sounds great reater than just playing by your self or in a clan it would be like a massive war

exactly my point.