Sign in to follow this  
redhead@email.cz

One Shot Two Kills?

Mysteriously, I haven't find any video or story where one kills two guys with a single shot. I thought it could be quite normal and not that rare - shit happens. Did anyone happened to do that? Because I did.. I think. Sadly I have no video of it - my laptop barely runs DayZ.

Two guys ran past me not noticing me (although I was standing in front of a forest). I heard heart beating (checking if it was ingame or my own heart) so I figured they were bandits. They were running from the deerstand behind the wall of NWAF to the barracks. I couldn't get a good shot at them until they left and ran along towards the two hangars north. I took a better position and scoped with my M107. They were kind of zig-zagging so I fired once one of them ran into the scope center. After recovering myself from the recoil of this beast I saw two bodies falling down. Two kills confirmed by the death messages.

But, the debug monitor showed only one kill. When I got to them I heard two fly buzzing sound sources, but one of the bodies disappeared (this happens when someone ALT+F4s after death, right?)

So, I have two questions:

1) Did anybody managed to do something like this? Even by luck like me? (video would be cool)

2) Does the debug monitor capture only one kill when this happens?

I had that occur once, shot a guy at around 300m with the Lee Enfield. When my buddy and I got to his body, there was two on the ground. However they looked identical and had identical gear so I think it was a bug. The odds of two ppl having the same gear has got to be in the less than one percent catagory. (wasn't recording at the time)

This would be a cool story if it were possible. Hitting two targets with a single bullet isn't possible at all although buckshot may do the trick. While 50cal seems to pass through some objects players or zombies aren't among them. I have tested this.

Edited by LunaTiK

I had that occur once, shot a guy at around 300m with the Lee Enfield. When my buddy and I got to his body, there was two on the ground. However they looked identical and had identical gear so I think it was a bug. The odds of two ppl having the same gear has got to be in the less than one percent catagory. (wasn't recording at the time)

Oh no, there were two from the beginning, one had a wookie costume and the other did not.

is that a Tool sig btw?

Yes, it is.

This would be a cool story if it were possible. Hitting two targets with a single bullet isn't possible at all although buckshot may do the trick. While 50cal seems to pass through some objects players or zombies aren't among them. I have tested this.

Oh, really? And couldn't it be some kind of delay between server, me, and the two guys? I don't know, just thinking loud. Because there is the thing - I saw instantly two bodies falling down at the exact same time and two death messages at the same time. And then two buzzing sounds. On the other hand, only one body was there and only one kill in the debug monitor.

It really surprises me that a military sim game which has a very reallistic ballistics, richocets and all that can't process shooting through a body with a .50 cal.

• Like 1

Love Maynard James Keenan. I have signed poster by Tool on my wall in a frame... a prized posession

Love Maynard James Keenan. I have signed poster by Tool on my wall in a frame... a prized posession

Tool are THE shit. Seriously cool band. New album coming soon, Woot!

• Like 2

All the fucking beans to Tool but stick to the topic, please ;) :D

----

If it is not possible then, I think that one guy must have ALT+F4ed, but what about that second buzzing sound?? It shouldn't be there when I log out, should it?

Another thing which comes to mind, that they were kind of scripters - the body I could loot had a radio item on it, which is not in the game currently, is it? But on the other hand, he could took it from somebody else like I took it from him (I threw it away few hours later, it was useless). Also, he had an AKM, which is not what I would script in if I was a hacker.

Edited by redhead

I'm not exactly sure what happened in your specific scenario but technically it shouldn't be possible. The last I have checked bullets won't exit players and hit another player.

maybe the other guy saw his friend go down and couldn't take it and commited suicide lol

ArmA's physics aren't nearly good enough to do player penetration sadly.

I think the engine could easily handle it. It handles wall penetration, why not bodies? Also the physics behind it could be simple - no direction or speed change, just fly until second or third body is hit, or a floor/building/whatever is hit.

I'm not exactly sure what happened in your specific scenario but technically it shouldn't be possible. The last I have checked bullets won't exit players and hit another player.

It's not part of the standard ARMA II engine.

Ha, ArmA's engine doesn't have bullet penetration, so one-shot-two-kills isn't possible. Cool story for all those people who said "I DID DIS TEW! HEERS MAI STURY!"

Probably just bugged out and duped a body.. It happens.

Probably just bugged out and duped a body.. It happens.

As I said, there were two of them - one with a ghillie and the other without. Also two different names appeared in the death messages at the same time. One body disappeared though leaving only the buzzing sound. That actually happened more than few times - body disappearing after a kill.

As I said, there were two of them - one with a ghillie and the other without. Also two different names appeared in the death messages at the same time. One body disappeared though leaving only the buzzing sound. That actually happened more than few times - body disappearing after a kill.

If you kill someone, there is a bug where a body appears right beside their body as a fresh spawn but with 0 items. If someone dies and leaves their body disappears.

Not sure about the messages.. :S

Edited by terrex

One guy killed the other, you killed him. Either that or he stumbled on a body and you shot him.

In any event, vid I made for the last one, should test the 30mm:

• Like 1

Ha, ArmA's engine doesn't have bullet penetration, so one-shot-two-kills isn't possible. Cool story for all those people who said "I DID DIS TEW! HEERS MAI STURY!"

Bullshit, bullet penetration is present in Arma 2. Afaik also for bodys, go try it in editor, place some guys behind each other and shoot them in line with an AS50. Might work.

I believe you that it doesn't work. I'm just trying to figure out what happened. They looked like friends, possibly on TS too, it is not likely that one killed the other, both were sprinting at the time too. Some 4th guy somewhere? I didn't hear any gunshots but my M107. Also if someone dropped one of them, why he let me live, I was sitting ducks when I looted the body.

Anyway, it's a shame the engine can't process body penetration.

Bullshit, bullet penetration is present in Arma 2. Afaik also for bodys, go try it in editor, place some guys behind each other and shoot them in line with an AS50. Might work.

I love how you posted this right after sp86 just posted a video proving the opposite lol.

PS: Tool has all the beans!

Two targets with one bullet is totally possible. Happens reasonably often on the regular game where there is a lot more combat.

The bullets are travelling with realistic speed and impact. They do pass through and can kill the guy behind. The .50 cal will do this, even an M4 can do a double kill in game. I've done it myself with the .308 cal guns. (M-14_)

Edited by Slyder73