noobsmcgee@gmail.com

Get rid of Snipers completely?

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should snipers be removed

• Yes
    • No

OK you make you point but i play the game fair and frankly you should spend more the 2 secs scouting town i know this cuase i didnt walk in no 3 minutes later m14 aim nailed me to the floor i later found the sorry ass up on the roof and caped him with the 1911 but now the table is turned i got as50 M107 and Dmr but i can use them with out worry of looseing them. i only ever shot the m 107 2 i miss and i was less then 200 meters. The problem is abonce of cryiign babys cant alt f4 before they lose all there gear. Rocket also siad finding hacked equipent is not globbaly bandible but you mihgt get sever band for useing it cuase of buthurt admins. I believe that sniper should be harder to find but i think they have the right idea and need more varity. if you are complianing go up north and get one yourself

I would like to have more 1v1 assualt rifle engagements in DayZ instead of insta death from the AS50 1337 scout camper. But the complete removal of Sniper Rifles from DayZ is out of the question it would just piss of to many people and lose alot of support for DayZ. Imo thermal should be removed from DayZ its just to over powered, the ability to see players positions clear as day hundreds of metres away seems like cheating in a way to me, when i kill Elektro campers who have the whole L85, AS50, Ghillie, Rangefinder set up i will pick up the L85 and destroy it purely because i believe it shouldn't be in DayZ and the less there are the better. I would be glad to discuss this if anyone else have different views. Thank you.

Removing snipers would not solve anything. The FAL AN/PVS-4, the M14, the L85A2 would replace the snipers. I can do 600+ meter shots with the FAL without to much trubble. While these weapons are rarer, and harder to find than a sniper rifle, it will not lessen the ammount of snipers. If would just further the gap between new spawn and advanced players. On another note if you run around any city, that has any kind of good loot, or a high ammount of player traffic, you deserve to get shot. Ofcourse the odd snipe will happen outside of the hotspots, but the problem is not the snipers camping big cities, its all the players creating a fuckload of traffic in the area, and thereby attracting snipers. If people would spread more out on the map (anything possible to get in Chernogorsk or Elektrozavodsk can be found in a a deerstand + any city in the game), the snipers would have no reason to set up, since there would be no proper hotspots.

OP... are you serious? Here's a tip... if you plan on running through the main cities, LEARN how to make it hard for snipers to make you a target. That's all there is to it. I accept the fact that it's MY own fault for staying stationary for too long, not going prone at certain open areas/situations or running in a straight line. Hug walls. Move through corners. Don't use the easiest route to your destination EVER. You're playing a mil-sim to start with so play like a service-man (google ACTUAL COMBAT CQC, SNIPING/CREEPING and COUNTER SNIPING videos)... Arma 2 is NOT your usual brainless gungho crap many players are accustomed to. You HAVE to do some research.

Also appreciate the fact that if you are one-shot sniped, and you didn't hear the muzzle fire, the sniper really took the time, calculation and patience to hit you with that shot. It was WORKED on. Even more so if you were hit while on the move. But be pissed with yourself if you hear the muzzle fires and you are being sniped and at multiple shots. Because you will have a window of opportunity - no matter how little time it is - to roll and find cover. For whoever's sniping you that way is still yet to learn a lot.

Moreover, either play at a server with veteran or hardcore setting where tags are disabled. Note at hardcore, 3rd person is also disabled.

Edited by asin

I'd like to see just how many snipers are actually able to hit anything when wind, humidity, temperature and elevation all come into play.

I'd also like to be reasonably sure duping is fixed, and hacking won't be rampant.

Then we can see how sniping needs to be adjusted, if at all.

There is an Arma 2 Mod for more realism called @ACE. It incorporates better elevation/windage compensation (you do get a wind gauge tool) and fatigue from prolonged running/bag weight. Also CPR administration and ability to drag bodies. The devs should incorporate this mod to be compatible with DayZ.

Edited by asin