Sign in to follow this  
starwarsfan@gmx.de

Dead Bodies and Dormant Zeds

The Idea is that within towns and maybe by a rare chance even in the woods, dead bodies should be spawned in more or less random places. For example, within a house sitting in a chair or in cars on the drivers seat.

With this in place you could add the so called 'dormant' Zombies/Infected. Dormant Zombies are Zombies that stay in place until they are prompted to move by a certain trigger like if you get to close to it, or stay in it's reach for too long. Now by an small chance one of the dead bodies will be spawned as a dormant zombie.

So for example, you go looting in a town and go into this house, there are a few dead bodies spread across a few of the rooms. One of them is lying in the bath tub with a gun in his arms. You think 'Jackpot' and go grab it. Now that guy was a dormant Zombie and starts to move as you try to grab the gun.

Another example, you find a car with two 'dead bodies' in it. One's in the drivers seat the other on one of the back seats. You drag out the one in the drivers seat and get in his place to see if the car's got any fuel and is still operational. As you start up the car, the body in the bacl starts moving and tries to kill you.

This is just a small suggestion to further immersion and briing in a little 'fear factor'. You never know who of these 'dead bodies' might just get up and try to kill you.

• Like 4

Saw stuff like this in The Walking Dead and all I can say is, that's pretty interesting.

Player bodies turning after death would be another source of drama as well. Your pal buys the farm, then soon after gets up looking for lunch.

The zeds in this game aren't dead. I believe this has been discussed before, but dead players will never come back because that isn't how it works in this particular story.

I do, however, like the idea of Dormant Zombies. They're hurt or injured badly enough that they just lay there in wait for prey to get close enough. Then, when the unsuspecting sack of meat gets within arms reach, they lash out and grab hold!

The zeds in this game aren't dead. I believe this has been discussed before, but dead players will never come back because that isn't how it works in this particular story.

Yeah I'm sure Rocket has mentioned this before.

It got me thinking about the pilot zombies. I always assumed they came back from the dead, but were they zombified mid air and that's why they crashed?

Like this idea though, could be used to great effect.

I think in conjunction with the proposed zombie life cycle, maybe the old, slow, rotten zombies might be mistaken for corpses. They likely wouldn't just stand around all day, I know I wouldn't.

• Like 1