Sign in to follow this  
CottonMonster

six launcher disconnect from internet while refreshing server list

i have recently installed everything i needed to play (according to stuff ive read here and saw on youtube). when i launch player six, it disconnect me from the internet while it updates the server list and usually take an additional 5 min to reconnect after the list has completely updated, which i guess is a minor problem. i can successfully connect to a server but i get stuck at the "recieving data" screen and then after "no message recieved 90 sec" it says "lost connection with host". im stumpt and am at my wits end with this.

if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

p.s.

the computer im trying to install this in is my work computer. I have sucessfully installed (using the same methods) steam, arma2 combined, dayz mod, player six and have played for hours at my home computer.

It's a common prob - dayzcommander/ six launch can screw old routers. google it, theres plenty of info out there. I cant use either because of this.

best option, uncheck refresh all servers, reduce max number of , if that doesnt work, you'll have to use the in game server list

Edited by Friday N
  • Like 1

Same problem but what i do is just pick some favorite servers i usually use and it will update those first and then cancel the update in the top right corner. You could also limit amount of connections on your router or in the programs settings

Personally i find the "play with six" program to be much more stable than the other options out there and much better to use..(remember to have ticked the box which turns off server list refreshing while you are ingame)

Edited by grilldress
  • Like 1

Best option... use DayZ commander, Six launcher just doesn't work anymore.. IMO

i tried this and i get the same issue.

im having some success logging in from within arma2 multiplayer option but im kicked from whatever server i join 5 min into the game.

now im getting "remote name could not be resolved:'stats.six-updater.net' " and im not sure what that means.