seanmcloughlin7

DayZ is a joke in its current form

Your right in the fact not being about honor or prestige. But what takes the place of that in dayZ is, "What do I have to gain by killing him?" killing fresh spawns nothing to gain besides one upping your kill count, aka e-peen. Also it's not about survival either, unless your really scared of the with a hatchet 200 meters away from you. The sole purpose for you killing them is because your bored, or just out right trying to be a dick. If your bored, either A. Quit the game and play something that isn't boring to you, or B. try a new play style. You know, it's a little more exhilarating to actually try to interact, to try and scrape by, rather than just click, he's dead.

There is no kill count in DayZ right? So it's not a stats thing. Maybe it's just about target practice, on a running person. I understand you'd prefer I quit, but of course I will keep playing this mod the only way that isn't totally ruined by hackers. You might have a view of me as geared up killing newspawns. On the contrary I get killed as a newspawn too (and couldn't give a shit, just press Abort and start again). I rarely have decent weaponary because I get KoS'd too and continue to be killed by hackers even at the coast. I have played the mod since release and used to stay way out alone, preferred the PvE element to PvP completely. But it was ruined by being instantly killed or transported. Nowadays I don't even stop for a box of matches. There's no point. Once standalone is out I will go back to causing mayhem in the hinterland, if its hack free. And be sure I'll shoot every person I see there that is not a RL accomplice. Until such a time, i will continue to get whatever I can out of the mod and that is this play-style. Tens of thousands just quit, but I enjoy it in this form more than nothing at all. Honestly, listening to you guys is like opening a time capsule. DayZ is broken.

If you are looking for a post with hugs and love hearts this is not it.

I have had enough of this game. I quit. This game is simply not fun anymore. The reasons why I am leaving this game are:

1. Hackers

2. AS50s

3. Admin Abuse

4. Have spawned in Kamenka 100 times

5. None of my friends play anymore

6. Not including the hackers, about 50% of the playerbase are complete douche bags. (this was pointed out by OP).

7. I have done everything that can be described as 'fun' in this game (yes, I have been flying the chopper and shooting people with it, I helped make massive bases with 15 other guys, I have worked with squads, I have used 95% of the guns in the game, I have been in boats, cars, trucks, motorbikes, bicycles and ATVs, I have survived for 13 days straight, I have played as a hero and as a bandit, I have discovered all the secret bases including the ones that are off the top right corner of the map, I have got into squad vs. squad firefights and come out victorious, I have set up bases in random barns on the coast and helped out whoever came by, I have played at night with a squad without nightvision and survived for days, I have sniped people at 900m away, I have found the secret bases under the lake at Tapolka Dam, I have played on private hives, I have gotten 699 zombie kills, I have done EVERYTHING)

I have had enough of this game.

Did you get all the achievements?

I can't believe you have done everything?? being there are like unlimited things to do....

trust me mate, I have done it all. I haven't even included all the funny things that have happened. Try to think of something you can do in Day z and I have done it

trust me mate, I have done it all. I haven't even included all the funny things that have happened. Try to think of something you can do in Day z and I have done it

Have you became the swamp monster at podolka dam yet to scare everyone that runs past?

Have you became the swamp monster at podolka dam yet to scare everyone that runs past?

Knowing the players. they would just shoot you on sight

There is no kill count in DayZ right?

There was a kill count, not everyone could see it but you could.Also the rest of your post kind of contradicts what you said before. You said you would shoot every person on sight? why is that exactly?

Im hoping the new changes that rocket said would be in the standalone stop this shit

Edited by seanmcloughlin7

Knowing the players. they would just shoot you on sight

ahh but the skill is to wait till they are few feet away and just jump out the water guns blazing making stupid noises at them.... Trust me it's a real time burner

yeah I have been under topolka dam and while I havent been a swamp monster myself I have come across 1 guy that was doing that. And he killed 1 of our guys too

Also, of course there is a kill count - open up the debug under game options and you can see your frickin murders, bandit kills, humanity etc.

Theres a big learning curve in this game. I see alot of people complaining that they are frustrated about being killed as a new spawn. I used to do the same thing. Now I get frustrated that everyone is sitting on the coast playing farmville in cherno, Elektro or Calamar. So I go kill them. Hopefully they will learn to defend themselves and not spend so much time in high value areas farming because zombies are not threatening.

• Like 1

There was a kill count, not everyone could see it but you could.
Please, don't tell me there was a debug monitor. The point is it's not there now and pointless to play enable because it breaks the icons. So it doesn't pan out anymore to suggest people are killing to get another notch on a kill count. There is no kill count and the statement was made today, since the change.
Also the rest of your post kind of contradicts what you said before. You said you would shoot every person on sight? why is that exactly?

You are going to have to quote me and then point out what contradiction, because I can only see drewl dribbling from your lips at present, kind sir. I do what I do now because the game is fucked and I am as much a victim as you

Everyone loves to preach that this game is about pvp, and don't get me wrong, it is. But pvp does not equal highly geared 'bandits' killing unarmed or very weakly equipped survivors. I haven't played an mmo in a while, but if you ever have you know what I mean

In an mmo players are seperated by level for pvp that instills a sense of "fair game". Sure you can go out of your way to pursue the easy lowbie targets if you so choose, but where's the fun? You mike as well be shooting your tanks at rabbits.

In dayZ our levels are our gear. Why would a bandit strapped to the teeth go after a lowbie with just a hatchet? In mmo terms there's no honor or prestige to be earned there, right? I think people have hot the pvp mindset wrong. You should be going after equally or higher equipped players in the appropriate areas, such as Stary, NWAF, berezino. There is a lot more competition there, and you'll probably get a lot more of the 'adrenaline rush' you claim to crave.

This is a very valid post. My opinion is the spawn killer "bandits" are scared of going against equally aggressive players which is why they don't go north. Cowards really.. I personally don't see the point of shooting fish in a barrel at the coast but hey, to each they're own..

This game is about patience. If your coming from a fast paced COD/BF3 type game your going to have problems adapting to this style, My guess is most of these players simply get bored and start shooting everything in sight once geared up.. The game is much more then gearing up as fast as possible and going on a killing spree. Players like that are missing a great deal of what the games about.

Edited by RogueOne
  • Like 3

This is a very valid post. My opinion is the spawn killer "bandits" are scared of going against equally aggressive players which is why they don't go north. Cowards really.. I personally don't see the point of shooting fish in a barrel at the coast but hey, to each they're own..

This game is about patience. If your coming from a fast paced COD/BF3 type game your going to have problems adapting to this style, My guess is most of these players simply get bored and start shooting everything in sight once geared up.. The game is much more then gearing up as fast as possible and going on a killing spree. Players like that are missing a great deal of what the games about.

this is true, however after about 200 hours of play the novelty of the original game wears off

I wish stary sobor had as much activity as elektro, or maybe just stary and novy that'd be great. never had a forest battle yet

but you guys forget that joe casual requires instant gratifiction, why spend time going up to stary when you've already got your duped hacked in gear right here, why take a chance on 1 person being north when theres a higher chance of more new spawns being at the coast.

Why the hell are we still spawning on the coast anyway? Maybe if all the spawns were completley randomized?

Edited by electroban

Please stop making excuses for the "hang out in Cherno/Elektro KoSing" mentality. I've talked to many people about it and none of your excuses hold water. I can list tactics that a squad can use but you would just stop responding. Because KoSing in Cherno/Elektro is just what you guys like to do. Fucking just admit it already, you're not fooling anybody here with excuses. So few are honest enough to admit that KoS everything on the coast is simply how they enjoy the game. Embrace your play style FFS and stop makng excuses. /end rant

It either were hackers teleporting close to you or you had really bad luck. Even on a 50 player server its rare to see someone on 220qm².

Please stop making excuses for the "hang out in Cherno/Elektro KoSing" mentality. I've talked to many people about it and none of your excuses hold water. I can list tactics that a squad can use but you would just stop responding. Because KoSing in Cherno/Elektro is just what you guys like to do. Fucking just admit it already, you're not fooling anybody here with excuses. So few are honest enough to admit that KoS everything on the coast is simply how they enjoy the game. Embrace your play style FFS and stop makng excuses. /end rant

What squad tactics do you have to ensure I dont suddenly respawn in the air and fall into the ocean? What squad tactics do you have that even on a quiet server I won't have a hacker appear behind me, shout something and shoot me in the back? There are none.The grandstanding about fighting up north can't seriously be for real by now. Before hacking that shit made sense. Now there might be less players and therefore hackers, but nothing was fixed so at any moment you might die from a hacker and will. How can you seriously be bothered legitimately (without hopping) going north, over and over, just to die illegitimately? Are you transporting yourself there and hacking your shit back in karma style, after being hacked? Is that the squad tactics? On a quiet server? Nobody is up there, that's a single player game you are now playing.

this is true, however after about 200 hours of play the novelty of the original game wears off

True but personally I don't get any gratification shooting unarmed players. I'd rather waste ammo shooting zeds. At least they can fight back..

So dont spend all your time in Cherno and Elektro. Problem solved.

What squad tactics do you have to ensure I dont suddenly respawn in the air and fall into the ocean? What squad tactics do you have that even on a quiet server I won't have a hacker appear behind me, shout something and shoot me in the back? There are none.The grandstanding about fighting up north can't seriously be for real by now. Before hacking that shit made sense. Now there might be less players and therefore hackers, but nothing was fixed so at any moment you might die from a hacker and will. How can you seriously be bothered legitimately (without hopping) going north, over and over, just to die illegitimately? Are you transporting yourself there and hacking your shit back in karma style, after being hacked? Is that the squad tactics? On a quiet server? Nobody is up there, that's a single player game you are now playing.

Not even close nor is it worth explaining on this forum, however if you're looking to do something other than the KoS thing and would like to work with a dedicated squad, PM me and we'll set up a time to chat about it on VOIP.

I wish stary sobor had as much activity as elektro, or maybe just stary and novy that'd be great. never had a forest battle yet

but you guys forget that joe casual requires instant gratifiction, why spend time going up to stary when you've already got your duped hacked in gear right here, why take a chance on 1 person being north when theres a higher chance of more new spawns being at the coast.

Why the hell are we still spawning on the coast anyway? Maybe if all the spawns were completley randomized?

you've never been in a forest fight? I feel bad for you bro

It either were hackers teleporting close to you or you had really bad luck. Even on a 50 player server its rare to see someone on 220qm².

It was some terrible luck I think. And the server had 14 people on it :/ I found it odd.

I spawned near cherno at the docks and ran about 10 yards (not very far anyway) and saw a guy with a turban and he had no weapon but kept going to my back and when I ran away he stopped but followed soon after and shot me in the back. Now he could have stopped to spawn in some gear or whatever to kill me but he was still right there when I spawned

Then spawning in three valleys I met 2 dudes. One died from zeds, he allowed to spawn elsewhere I assume. Then After I helped the remeaining dude another guy with a shotgun started blasting me.

It was so frustrating to be killed twice at spawn. I was killed more after that but these two stuck out the most

Haters and lovers must come to an agreement, we are operating in a broken system.

That is the nature of the alpha, which is now simply being used as a testbed for standalone. Rightly so.

However, the lack of teamwork and lack of things to do once geared up is the problem we face. It is a fair problem, and the reason for us playing the alpha.

There are other solutions to KoS-ing than simply encouraging teamwork however. I speak of just giving the player more tools to do general "stuff". Blocking off roads and buildings, forming settlements, maintaining camps, scavenging for materials, more survival requirements, weapons maintenance. The list goes on. If I were more consumed in going about these activities, I would be less inclined to either seek out other players to kill or venture into risky places just for the hell of it.

Furthermore, giving players the tools to accomplish things as a team would further discourage this. Vehicles are a great example, as commonly, for a helicopter... it takes a group to repair such a thing. This, is obviously a flawed system in my opinion, as it is far too easy to do with a minimal amount of effort. But that is just me talking. The concept itself remains, if there were more "big-ticket" items that require a group to fix/create/etc, there would be less time spent going to Cherno/Elektro.

The fact remains that once you're relatively geared up, there's nothing left to do but kill. Survival, on the whole, is secondary. If you've got 3 or 4 Cooked Meat and a Water Bottle, you're set. You've nothing left to do but kill others. Survival vs. environment, and survival vs. zombies needs to be made more difficult. Survival vs. players is already self-explanatory.

Lastly, the argument of "Don't go to Cherno/Elektro", though simplistic, certainly makes sense. I should preface this by saying, I don't want people to -never- enter the big cities. However, these cities should no longer be attractive to low-level players. It creates a situation where people never know anything else, other than Cherno/Elektro. The cities should be dangerous to all. There needs to be serious repercussions for firing a weapon in and around the cities, and cities need to have far more persistent zombies than they do now.

It is my personal opinion, that there sould be a random "FOB" spawn in the woods to further disperse high-end loot away from the typical settings (NWAF and Stary). One per server, with a respawn of say 12 hours. Puts more interest in the woods, and disperses high-end loot in a manner that makes sense.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

True but personally I don't get any gratification shooting unarmed players. I'd rather waste ammo shooting zeds. At least they can fight back..

I understand the novelty of it, I really do, but it gets boring very fast and I actually feel bad killing other humans in the game. Feels counter intuitive to what the game is about. Player interaction is more than shooting on sight.

Best DayZ experience I ever had was spawning when I just got the game about 4 months ago, it was my fourth time into the game and I met a dude who was geared up with a pistol and he just let me team up with him and go on an adventure together and he showed me the ropes. Not once was there ever a "will he shoot me" type of mentality

I can't believe you have done everything?? being there are like unlimited things to do....

Is that some kind of joke? DayZ is a sandbox game... but it's an EMPTY sandbox. It's like playing Grand Theft Auto without actually doing any of the missions which push the story forward, you just drive around and start killing people until you eventually call down too much heat, die and start all over again. I'm not saying DayZ needs missions but it definitely needs something else to fill it out. Minecraft is a pure sandbox game but in Minecraft you're limited only by your own imagination, in DayZ there are very distinct limitations to what you can and can't do.

You can thank the game design. I run North and completely gear up. Kill one or two on the way to speed up the process. By time Im north I have everything I need. I get bored of sitting North by myself with little to do so I go and kill people on the coast.

^THIS

There's not much to do after you've got the best gear and a vehicle. Might as well kill people at the coast/ help people at the coast.

I used to hoard items/weapons and set up camps to gear up my friends. Now with all the duping/hacking its pretty pointless, as everything is worthless now.