seanmcloughlin7

DayZ is a joke in its current form

I agree.... but it is a roll of the dice. Sometimes people help the rookies, other times there just dead before they know it. When I first started back in the dayZ, I wouldn't last 20 minutes... now im a "days" kinda guy. Weapons hot as soon as I get one.... lets see what happens

Perhaps I should change my view and adapt along with the game changes instead of pining over what it USED to be. I just found it frustrating how much things had changed, at least for me personally.

OR it could be that I'm outta practice :P

Perhaps I should change my view and adapt along with the game changes instead of pining over what it USED to be. I just found it frustrating how much things had changed, at least for me personally.

OR it could be that I'm outta practice :P

Once more into the Fray

Into the last good fight i'll ever know

Live or die... on this Day

• Like 1

Thats just it though I don't think it has changed. I played where there were only a couple of servers and you needed to wait to get into one that was loaded with 50 players.... then you got in (usually night servers as I was UK playing evening) and died about 5 or 6 times there on the coast before I even got a few feet in land because of the bean warz going on there - raping new spawns for their 2 cans of bans and basics.

If anything it's easier now as servers are less populated because theres more of them and more private hives, you just got rusty. Nostalgia is clouding your judgement.

Edited by Box

Did you read the post in its entirety? Or did you jump at a uneducated response? There is in that bit of text a way to find a better way to have fun and enjoy. I was trying to help you!

Your response is what's wrong with players who moan about everything, you paid for the game in order to play the mod. Perhaps it is people like you who are to blame as you didn't research the mod before you bought it. No-one owes you anything. There are ways to enjoy the mod, you just haven't looked.

You have to realise there are sections for new people, if they want to join then good for them, I'll help them when I can as will most on these forums. Even you if you asked, but you didn't. When you play as much as I do you see past the problems and enjoy it no matter how many times / how you get killed. If people looked and read these forums you would find solutions to 99% of all problems.

• Like 3

Now I am a huge fan of this game and I adore it. I took a break of about a month to play some other games and I recently came back to DayZ. I cannot get over how many people are playing just to kill other players now. I don't mind if a guy sees me with my M16 and kills me to steal it or any other gear or whatever, but when I literally just spawn in and a guy shoots me in the back to steal nothing is a joke.

I thought I would try a server with more than 5 people in it (14 in this last one) and I was shot in 5 minutes, and have been shot only a few hundred metres from my spawn 3 times in a row now and it's just not fun. It's taking a lot away from the experience and what was once extremely fun and tense/tactical to play has become an absolute free for all of who can kill the most players.

I was even nice to a dude and there were 2 lee enfields, I took one and the ammo and the other guy just got the gun so I gave him some ammo in the confidence he wouldn't just kill me instantly and sure enough he kept his word. So we parted ways only for me to leave the shed and be gunned down by some other dude.

I am not a whiner and usually take it on the chin but when it stops me from having fun or even playing the game for any length of time it's a huge problem.

I seriously wonder just how over exaggerated your story is. I read these QQ/Whiney rants all the time on these forums. I can guarantee Ive played longer and more then half the QQ/whiney people like you have and NEVER have I experience such a sad SOB experience like you and many others claim to have.

Did you read the post in its entirety? Or did you jump at a uneducated response? There is in that bit of text a way to find a better way to have fun and enjoy. I was trying to help you!

Your response is what's wrong with players who moan about everything, you paid for the game in order to play the mod. Perhaps it is people like you who are to blame as you didn't research the mod before you bought it. No-one owes you anything. There are ways to enjoy the mod, you just haven't looked.

You have to realise there are sections for new people, if they want to join then good for them, I'll help them when I can as will most on these forums. Even you if you asked, but you didn't. When you play as much as I do you see past the problems and enjoy it no matter how many times / how you get killed. If people looked and read these forums you would find solutions to 99% of all problems.

Beanz beanz beanz beanz for you sir!

• Like 2

I seriously wonder just how over exaggerated your story is. I read these QQ/Whiney rants all the time on these forums. I can guarantee Ive played longer and more then half the QQ/whiney people like you have and NEVER have I experience such a sad SOB experience like you and many others claim to have.

Sooo tempted to post that video.... must resist urge to destroy the whining!!................

EDIT: not aimed at you Pennyworth, just whiners in general

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 1

Now I am a huge fan of this game and I adore it. I took a break of about a month to play some other games and I recently came back to DayZ. I cannot get over how many people are playing just to kill other players now. I don't mind if a guy sees me with my M16 and kills me to steal it or any other gear or whatever, but when I literally just spawn in and a guy shoots me in the back to steal nothing is a joke.

I thought I would try a server with more than 5 people in it (14 in this last one) and I was shot in 5 minutes, and have been shot only a few hundred metres from my spawn 3 times in a row now and it's just not fun. It's taking a lot away from the experience and what was once extremely fun and tense/tactical to play has become an absolute free for all of who can kill the most players.

I was even nice to a dude and there were 2 lee enfields, I took one and the ammo and the other guy just got the gun so I gave him some ammo in the confidence he wouldn't just kill me instantly and sure enough he kept his word. So we parted ways only for me to leave the shed and be gunned down by some other dude.

I am not a whiner and usually take it on the chin but when it stops me from having fun or even playing the game for any length of time it's a huge problem.

Server with 5 people and you fail to survive?

Your either blind or stupid to come into that kind of situation.

I usually play on 35-40 player servers and will only die if I risk it for a biscuit in places like electro cherno north west or stary.

I can approach groups fully kitted out and as long as you remain in voice contact and state your intentions for passing by they never seem to open fire.

Its always good to bluff people too, tell them how many bullets it will take to kill me yet my friends as50 on them will take them one shot. they usually back off.

Sooo tempted to post that video.... must resist urge to destroy the whining!!................

EDIT: not aimed at you Pennyworth, just whiners in general

Weapons HOT!!!!

I wonder sometimes if all these people who moan and can't get to grips with the mod are from a COD / FPS gaming background? But then again I don't know if it's because I've lived outside of gaming I have a wider experience to draw from and I don't expect everything given to me on a plate?

• Like 2

Once more into the Fray

Into the last good fight i'll ever know

Epic quote from epic movie is epic :P

• Like 2

^ Thank you! You have to live life, in game and out of game!

For those who haven't seen it... spoiler alert...

Edited by merrfack
  • Like 1

I wonder sometimes if all these people who moan and can't get to grips with the mod are from a COD / FPS gaming background? But then again I don't know if it's because I've lived outside of gaming I have a wider experience to draw from and I don't expect everything given to me on a plate?

I feel exactly the same as you, again i think it's due to experiencing alot IRL

• Like 1

I agree 100%. I've never had 1/10th the problems the op mentioned.. Lucky I guess..

• Like 1

I agree 100%. I've never had 1/10th the problems the op mentioned.. Lucky I guess..

You sir, are just a smart player

You sir, are just a smart player

Granted I have made some blunders in the past and I can admit them, but what I experienced today happened straight after spawning so I had no way to defend or escape.I spawned and ran along, away from cherno cos that's a death sentence, I ran maybe 100m and a guy approached from behind me and kept moving to my back, after no replies on the chat directly or the side channel I trotted along and he followed and shot me in the back.

After that I spawned in three valleys and met 2 dudes, one let himself die by zombies, the other I helped find a gun along with my gun and I gave him ammo and let him run off while I ran opposite, as soon as I left the shed about 500m from where I spawned, a guy just started opening fire on me and down me. I fired back but missed, and I only got the chance to fire off one shot.

These two instances are in no way exaggerated and happened in the space of a half hour. Maybe i'm pissy cos it happened and it frustrated me but it felt like I was fighting odds.

Who knows, I could spawn in later and have the best game I've ever had.

Who knows, I could spawn in later and have the best game I've ever had.

Maybe so... but hopefully you may have learned something from your experience.... trust is no longer an issue here...

Maybe so... but hopefully you may have learned something from your experience.... trust is no longer an issue here...

Went into a session now with a totally different mindset and enjoyed it much more this time. I got an AK and shot every other dude that came my way, gunned down 4 dudes between balota and cherno :P then another guy's buddy got me

Went into a session now with a totally different mindset and enjoyed it much more this time. I got an AK and shot every other dude that came my way, gunned down 4 dudes between balota and cherno :P then another guy's buddy got me

Evolution buddy, it's good aint it??!! Now you just become a valid target for everyone but at the same time you go about killing everything in sight!!

I've come to accept the PVP as part of the game. However, I've never understood the people who just kill people who spawned in.

Evolution buddy, it's good aint it??!! Now you just become a valid target for everyone but at the same time you go about killing everything in sight!!

I still prefer the old way of "will they won't they" type of encounters, but this still gets my heart racing. When you see a dude and follow him for a while and gun him down. Still wouldn't do it to people who just spawn in or have no gear, seems like a rather useless thing to do.

I still prefer the old way of "will they won't they" type of encounters, but this still gets my heart racing. When you see a dude and follow him for a while and gun him down. Still wouldn't do it to people who just spawn in or have no gear, seems like a rather useless thing to do.

Shooting unarmed new spawns is just a waste of ammo, i'd rather let them go and gear up so they are a challenge later on.