Sign in to follow this  
Omaran

Hacker - or 'legitimate' griefer?

I was north of Balota airfield (in the woods) when I see these 2 guys making a fire, I could have shot them but I don't kill unless I have to, so I carried on watching them to see where they would go next....

Then.........BOOM! There's a big explosion and a tree falls down, followed by a few more.

The 2 guys look startled and start running, but then another guy in a bandit skin arrives (didn't see where he came from, so he *might* have teleported), I can hear him over direct chat shouting to these guys that he was friendly, and he had no weapon (I could see that he didn't have one equipped), he then says he needs a blood transfusion, so one of the guys tells him to face the tree and don't move.

The bandit faces the tree and one of the guys moves slowly toward him (the other guy is covering him), but when he gets close to the bandit..........BOOM!!!! they both blow up and get killed, I can hear the bandit laughing in direct chat.

Now when they other guy had left I went to loot the bodies, the bandit had a load of satchel charges on him - was he hacking or just griefing by blowing people up? I tend to think he was hacking as he had a lot of good stuff on him (I wouldn't want to lose that stuff!), he also had a radio which I have never seen before.

hacking lol.

That's what I thought, I have never used satchel charges though, so don't know if there is a way to do what he did without hacking.

I found a tent with 18 satchels the other day. I called my team in and we have gone blowing up cherno sniper building and the treeline as snipers spawned in. You find satchels on dupers and in duping tents. And very very rarely on the NW Airfield.

I've only ever found 1 satchel in a loot area but I've found numerous GPS, NVG's and the like so I say anyone with more than two is hacking or duping.

I've only ever found 1 satchel in a loot area but I've found numerous GPS, NVG's and the like so I say anyone with more than two is hacking or duping.

Yeah, but the problem is, you can't know if they've been deliberately duped by cheap methods (alt-F4 duping) OR if they're being spawned by a tent on every server restart. As right now tents seem to always revert to their last saved status (if the server has restarted at least once after the first save).

BUT I think that particular player was indeed a hacker. I bet the two players would've seen him plant the Satchel Charge if he planted one legitly right there on the ground.

Damn trollplayers... frustrating that you might play for 10 hours or so working up the gear you have and then die from something like this. Some people are just a-holes :P

lol, did they ever have any idea you were watching them btw?

lol, did they ever have any idea you were watching them btw?

Pretty sure they didn't, scared the hell out of me when the trees started exploding, those guys must have sh*t themselves! :)

I killed a ghillie suit guy camping the Stary tents with his Enfield. Along with all the usual high end gear like GPS, he had a radio on him, is that legit? if not does that make them a hacker?