Sign in to follow this  
Thunderous Thrust

DayZ Input Lag with Good Specs

I don't know why Arma 2 lags even though I have a pretty good computer. Here are my specs:

AMD Radeon HD 7640G

AMD A8 Quadcore (1.9 GHz)

6144MB RAM

I know my processor isn't great, but it still isn't horrible. Help please?

BTW, It's input lag that I'm experiencing.

NOTE: It lags in singleplayer aswell. It's not DayZ, it's Arma

Scour through your My Documents for the various ARMA2 config files. One of them should state something about (top of my head) MaxFramesRenderedAhead or something along those lines. Put it to 1 and you should no longer experience mouse input lag.

• Like 1

Scour through your My Documents for the various ARMA2 config files. One of them should state something about (top of my head) MaxFramesRenderedAhead or something along those lines. Put it to 1 and you should no longer experience mouse input lag.

Thanks, but now I'm having FPS issues...

Thanks, but now I'm having FPS issues...

It's wierd like, i get FPS issues on private servers but not on my own public one...Seriously with my PC specs im lucky i can even boot ARMA in the first place

Weird, since that setting fixed most of my problems. Servers that haven't been rebooted in a while tend to give massive FPS drops though, so you might want to try joining different servers to see if the problems persist. Additionally, ARMA2 doesn't have a built-in FPS cap as far as I know. I use a program like Dxtory to cap my FPS at 50, otherwise my PC will probably catch fire (I can easily run at Very High with 100+ FPS, but my hardware isn't going to survive that). Overheating might cause stability issues.