Sign in to follow this  
Shotlizc 2.0

I've Got a Help Challenge For You!

Hi, So I've got an issue with DayZ that is currently preventing me from playing it due to a reoccuring "You were Kicked From Server" theme, below I detail as much information as possible to please look it over; and I'm going to apologize for the massive amount of text I'm about to include, I just wanted to be as thorough as possible in hopes of getting the best solution.

First as asked by LVG:

I purchased Arma2 CO through Amazon and download it through there with no compatibility with Steam. (Includes Arma2 and Arma2 OA)

According to DayZ Commander I am running Arma2

I am using DayZ Commander.

I have an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MO, EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD, Intel Core i7-2600K.

I am using Windows 7.

Now for my issue:

Before Arma2 is completely running I get an error message as follows"Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CAMisc_fix_A2FREE'". This however has not proved to be an issue since I press "Ok" and it lets me play.

Although once I get onto a server I am usually kicked within a couple minutes. My friends that have played with me often site a .pbo animation file, missing or not correct or something. Unfortunately none of my friends I play with have been able to write it down for me since I cannot see this error since I get booted from the server. I have tried this on multiple servers and the couple times I tried to follow what my friends told me and I could not find the animation file in the pathway given in the error message

I have been researching resolutions for the past week or two, but unfortunately since I am not suing this with Steam there are no resolutions I found. I have tried the following things:

1) Reinstalled Arma2/Arma2 CO/DayZ Commander 2 times

2) Reinstalled Battleye

3) Logging on to different servers

4) Changing to a prior Arma2 build and playing DayZ

I can play (and actually have been just so I can pretend I'm playing DayZ) the Arma2 and Arma2 CO campaigns just fine.

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can provide, because I really love this mod so much and am quite disappointed that I won't be up all weekend playing it with my best buds.

-Shotlizc

Edited by Shotlizc 2.0

I had this before. Though I bought my stuff through steam. DayZ needs a file from ArmA II if you just have OA or CO you still need the original ArmA II it has the file you are after (I'm pretty sure).

You can get ArmA II free (Demo) from steam, download it, load it up once to make sure its runs. Then you should be able to load up CO or OA which ever you have and play DayZ. If not, at that point it becomes a pathing issue.

Side note, once DLed and such I don't even have to sign into steam to play DayZ or ArmA II so I wouldn't worry about it being compatible.

Gavalin,

Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my original post I got all the Arma2 packages mixed up. I purchased Arma2 Combined Operations on Steam which includes Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.

The reason I emphasized the Steam compatibility issue is because every solution to this issue I could find online had its second step as "Go to the steam files and verify integrity" which I cannot do since my game is not associated with steam at all. But thanks for the help! I will be sure to give that a try when I have some time since at the moment I am working on an essay due later this week.

Did you run both games once before trying to run DayZ?

Oldy1Kenobi,

Yes I have run both Arma2 vanilla before installing OA, then OA before DayZ Commander, Then them both after DayZ commander.

Before Arma2 is completely running I get an error message as follows"Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CAMisc_fix_A2FREE'". This however has not proved to be an issue since I press "Ok" and it lets me play.

I think that which I quoted is exactly your problem. Unfortunately this is where I must stop as I do not know how to fix it. You refer to a missing animation further down your post and this error is about a missing animation.

Okay, thanks for help Duckimus Maximus. I guess I just wonder why it didn't replace the missing files after the fresh install from Amazon. But thanks for the help.