bjarnidk

Either FIX zombie speed or REMOVE the knockdown

There is literally no point in playing solo unless you want to hide in the woods somewhere. 1 zombie can kill you by knocking you down and as they move at 150mph, getting hit by a zombie is inevitable. So either we really need to get one of these things fixed as I don't like dying and losing all my stuff to RNG.

I feel like if this wasn't part of the game, it would remove some of the threat/uncertainty with dealing with the zombies. As it stands they're pretty easy to deal with.. Any easier and I don't think it would be as fun. When something like this happens to you (and it did happen to me; zombie knocked me out at full health and ate me till I died), yeah it sucks but you learn from it.. I admit when this happened to me my first reaction was the dev dropped the ball here.. But i realized until they changed it i would have to be more careful around zombies. Now I think it's a nice unpredictable element and makes dealing with zombies a bit more precarious for me

Even in their current "roadrunner on roids" state the zombies cause me little trouble. Read rockets recent post on upcoming update 1.7.1 and i think youl be plaeased with what you see.

When something like this happens to you (and it did happen to me; zombie knocked me out at full health and ate me till I died)' date=' yeah it sucks but you learn from it..[/quote']

I don't mean to sound rude, but exactly what the fuck do you learn from it if I may ask? Cause all I learned was that the behavior is broken.

Either STOP bitching or STOP playing.

What an innovative reply. I like how you emphasize on the STOP..Cause you know, there's that option of stopping playing or stopping bitching and it makes total sense caus-

What is this your fucking slogan or something?

0/10 to be fucking honest.

learn to pay attention to zombies, to not aggro them and to run immediately when you do

angry nub is angry and a nub

You get hit by zombies? How embarassing...

You don't? I mean if we take a look at your reply.. You actually never get hit by zombies? Cause if not, then you either don't play the game or you don't go into towns, like at all... Maybe you camp NW airfield all day in hope for a survivor kill..Yea, that's probably it.

You'll be pleased to read what comes with the 1.7.1 patch :D

you learn to pay attention to zombies' date=' to not aggro them and to pay enough attention to run immediately when you do

angry nub is angry and a nub

[/quote']

Don't be such a fucking moron. You've been hit by zombies multiple times if you ever played this game. You didn't learn to somehow evade them 100% of the time, we both know that. On a regular basis while scavenging, you aggro and you get hit by a zombie.

You'll be pleased to read what comes with the 1.7.1 patch :D

I read those patch notes as soon as they were out, but I can't see anywhere that they are reducing zombie speed.

most of us think zeds are far too easy to deal with so you can keep crying or you can harden the fuck up

I'm not complaining about the zeds being too hard and I don't even grasp how the fuck you could twist it into that.

I was complaining that zombies can kill you through RNG. If I had wrote last patch:

''Ladders should be fucking fixed. Sometimes you fall off and die''

Would you write: ''Most of us agree that ladders are too easy to climb, harden the fuck up''?

Pre-1.5.6 zombies could knock you down much more often regardless of your health. But that's been fixed.

When you're healthy and a zombie hits you the vast majority of the time you'll lose a little blood, or start bleeding a little. Occasionally you'll bleed a bit heavier. On very, very rare occasions a zombie will get lucky and you'll go down. If you've only aggroed the one, you may still have a chance of surviving, but even if you don't: shit happens, especially in DayZ. Roll with it and roll a new character.

but bjarn this isn't a glitch, this is you getting tackled by a zed that was captain of his high school rugby team

I have to agree - the knockdown mechanic seems overly random "fuck you" esque. I got knocked down once in a barn and had to sit for... a whole minute? just staring at the hourglass slowly ticking away while I'm being eaten.

That isn't a knockdown, that is going unconscious. I'd rather knockdown happened more often but would only last for a few seconds.

Zombies will be more violent than ever in 1.7.1. That's what's bothering you, right?

I think the zombies being able to knock you down when your health is low is good because you can't assume that zombies have all the same strength or hit you with the same ferocity. Shit just happens, they hit you in the face and you go down. They hit you in the chest you won't go down. The randomization of that makes it realistic.

Zombies cannot knock you down when on full blood.

Also, it's easy to get away from running zombies by walking into a building or a steep hill, where zombies will be slow. I'm still not sure if that's a glitch or a feature, but I (ab?)use it all the time.

What is this knockdown shit? Whenever I get hit by zeds my colours drain for a second, I lose a few hundred blood and occasionally I start bleeding. Never have I been 1 hit killed by a zed. Zeds aren't difficult to evade though, I have looted whole cities without activating them. Just crawl when within 15 feet, and crouch run when over that. Not hard. Either you are trolling, or doing something really stupidly. Watch some youtube vids of people playing and stealthing the zeds, see how they sneak around them. Also pay attention to how they react when they aggro them.

What is this knockdown shit? Whenever I get hit by zeds my colours drain for a second' date=' I lose a few hundred blood and occasionally I start bleeding. Never have I been 1 hit killed by a zed. Zeds aren't difficult to evade though, I have looted whole cities without activating them. Just crawl when within 15 feet, and crouch run when over that. Not hard. Either you are trolling, or doing something really stupidly. Watch some youtube vids of people playing and stealthing the zeds, see how they sneak around them. Also pay attention to how they react when they aggro them.[/quote']

and the first rule is, if you do actually aggro some, don't fucking start running. If you're crouched, stay crouched, and deal with it with a shot to the head. The aggro mechanic can get a little weird sometimes (I've gotten away with taking out zombies with AK-74 shots in Stary Sobor and not aggroing anything somehow), so just take a shot. If you hit it and don't attract others, you beat the system. If you shoot and they come running, it'd be the same as if you didn't shoot. The zombie scream would've attracted more anyway.

The knocking down chances must be pretty low right now, don't remember any personal case post 1.6. It shouldn't be a matter of luck in any case.

The knocking down chances must be pretty low right now' date=' don't remember any personal case post 1.6. It shouldn't be a matter of luck in any case.

[/quote']

It is exactly that - A case of bad luck. Deadly luck. As far as I can tell from playing the chance of being knocked down (which can only happen below... 10k? 8k?) is incredibly low - but when you get it, you're dead if you're on your own. Spending up to a full minute on the ground with at least one zombie and bleeding and you're done - not matter how good of a player you are.:s

What is this knockdown shit? Whenever I get hit by zeds my colours drain for a second' date=' I lose a few hundred blood and occasionally I start bleeding. Never have I been 1 hit killed by a zed. Zeds aren't difficult to evade though, I have looted whole cities without activating them. Just crawl when within 15 feet, and crouch run when over that. Not hard. Either you are trolling, or doing something really stupidly. Watch some youtube vids of people playing and stealthing the zeds, see how they sneak around them. Also pay attention to how they react when they aggro them.

[/quote']

Look at this fucking noob who just heard of the game teaching me to play it.

''Durr, what is this feature you speak of? I don't even know what this thread is about but yet I am going to leave my uneducated and stupid opinion here''.

GTFO.

The knocking down chances must be pretty low right now' date=' don't remember any personal case post 1.6. It shouldn't be a matter of luck in any case.

[/quote']

It is exactly that - A case of bad luck. Deadly luck. As far as I can tell from playing the chance of being knocked down (which can only happen below... 10k? 8k?) is incredibly low - but when you get it, you're dead if you're on your own. Spending up to a full minute on the ground with at least one zombie and bleeding and you're done - not matter how good of a player you are.:s

And that, ladies and gentlemen is exactly my point.

You're alone, you're titfull of gear and loot. NVG's, M240, GPS and all that shit.. All of a sudden you hear the all too familiar: ''OORURURHH'' and you turn around to see you aggroed the Flash who punches you in the fucking face and there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING you can do to stop him from chewing your fucking testicles off along with all your precious loot. Afterwards, you take slight comfort in the fact that no bandit will get your loot and that you died to some random shit you had no control over and there was nothing you could have done.

In fact I pretty much DID figure out a way to avoid aggroing Zeds 100% of the time. By crawling through towns prone. When I was new I realized that I had to deal with zombies if I wanted supplies and I found that by crawling you can get within feet of them and they won't see you.

Granted this takes a ton of patience and you have to be careful if you think other players aren't around.. But I was a long time arma player so I knew how to be patient. Now I mostly crouch run and walk when I need to and I do pretty well. The trick is getting a good feel for how close you can get to the zombies in any scenario.. For instance when it's dark and or raining you can get a lot closer to them without them noticing.

And yes, after that happened I was MUCH more cautious around zombies and instead of standing out in the open shooting at them, I would run into the closest building. It worked pretty well. Like I said though I completely understand the frustration

OP is experiencing what is the number one obstacle to playing alone. This threat is the tradeoff for the security and freedom of movement that being a lone wolf offers. I go to great measures to only go into zombie infested areas with full health. I remember one hairy instance where I was in a church eating some beans, and startled a zombie when I walked outside because I let my guard down. I used all my bandages getting the hell out of that town and ended up at about 4k blood. If I had played with a group it would have been much different- but I would have had to share the beans. I'm not quite ready to share the beans.

I really understand your frustration, I really do. But this is the nature of playing solo. Hell, once I had an M4A1 CCO SD, GPS, grenades, the whole nine yards. I was sneaking up on a town and was too focused on the zombies down the street. I ended up in the crossfire when a full blown streetfight between two groups erupted...I didn't make it. If i'd had a buddy pulling overwatch it wouldn't have gone down that way. Not zombies, no, but it ended with the same screen.