hatfieldcw

Vehicles should be tougher to total.

I had an incident like this the other day, mate and me were moving up on a small town, we wern't expecting any trouble but a white car came screaming down the road and began to slowly make its way through the rubble in the town, so me and my friend light the back of the car up hoping to disable a wheel or the engine, anything to make it stop and in a few shots from each of out m14's at the back end of the car it's reduced to a flaming wreck which really suprised me, never knew how easy cars are to blow up.

I believe there was a mythbusters episode, where they shot everything into a car with full gas tank including tracers and it didn't explode. So i agree this gta style cars need to change.

• Like 1

I believe there was a mythbusters episode, where they shot everything into a car with full gas tank including tracers and it didn't explode. So i agree this gta style cars need to change.

Idd. But how far should the realism go ?. A 9mm pistol shot could go through both Doors.

make the 12.7mm capable of destroying any component it hits in 1 shot

have rifle rounds do the same as the 12.7mm but in more shots (a 7.62mm burst through the radiator and what ever else it ricochets into in the engine bay would kill the engine, maybe not instantly but before long you would come to a grinding halt)

have any gun able to destroy the tires

have shots to the car body kill the passengers but not detonate the car

I think the bigger issue is the impact damage of driving your 4 wheel drive truck into a rock half the size of a basketball cripples its axle

although I think a simple skin change would fix this, have it say "made in china" on the side so people know that vehicles wall fall apart on anything other then a level road

Idd. But how far should the realism go ?. A 9mm pistol shot could go through both Doors.

I think the realism should go up to that point..and then keep going because this is a zombie survival simulator and the more realistic the guns are, the better.

Know what wins most gun fights? A shit-ton of anger and the smartest use of cover. The game doesn't reflect that, it's too predictable in the wrong ways. There should be an element of fear instead of tactical aloofness knowing that you're in a car so you can't get hurt.

Except, in real life, being in that car wouldn't protect you at all.

One of the things I've learned playing this game is that the fastest way to balance the game is to make weapons and damage more realistic (not necessarily more punishing). The more the game plays like a videogame, the faster it'll settle into "tiers" and "ranks" and "endgame" nonsense. The less people have the opportunity to exploit game mechanics to pull off unrealistic advantages, the smoother the game curve will be.