Sign in to follow this  
ispudgun

Hacker report feature

Hey guys,

Well as you can see i'm not much of a forum goer. ---> ^

But I think i may have a temporary idea that could help the community out a bit with hackers (At least until Rocket and co sort them out for good :) ).

So i've noticed that with the fame of DayZ the amount of hackers have increased. So my solution; having a report feature for hacking. This is then reviewed by an admin/someone appointed the duty of reviewing the server logs and then handing out a ban if said player is exploiting such hacks.

Pros:

- A more enjoyable game.

Cons:

You need to make whoever is submitting the report responsible for their actions. I.E. if the person that submitted the report and nothing in the server logs indicate any form of hacking. Then the played who submitted the report is then warned/temp banned/banned. (3 Strike System)

Obviously if a player was found exploiting/hacking then that player would be banned from the game.

Idk, it's just an idea. Tell me what you think guys, as forum feedback is the best kind (as long as it is positive)

And exactly how would this work technically? And who would keep three friends from listing their forth friend and having him/her banned?

Please, think things through first.

And exactly how would this work technically? And who would keep three friends from listing their forth friend and having him/her banned?

Please' date=' think things through first.

[/quote']

@blergh If you had read; "To negate the con you could simply put a warning system in place. The player that calls for the temp ban is the player responsible for the outcome of the situation. ".

Please, read threads through first.

This is too open to abuse.

It is open to abuse if it were implemented with no repercussions. My idea suggests that the player who calls for the vote is held responsible for any actions of abuse/exploitation of such a feature. Players would think twice before initiating a vote because he/her could get banned/temp banned for initiating such an option.

hmmmm nice idea' date=' but with the CON of abuse AND!!! the work the admin has with this, I don´t think that admins want it that way.

[/quote']

For a work around to the con, read above.

Yes the admin work would be a little larger (Which is maybe why they could bring someone onto the team to manage that, i'm sure there a lot of people who wouldn't mind doing it. Heck! even I wouldn't mind doing it)

In the end though, it would be justified (For a temporary measure at least). You would be removing people from the game who have a negative attitude towards gaming. Making the community a much better place.

Hey guys' date='

Well as you can see i'm not much of a forum goer. ---> ^

But I think i may have a temporary idea that could help the community out a bit with hackers (At least until Rocket and co sort them out for good :) ).

So i've noticed that with the fame of DayZ the amount of hackers have increased. So my solution; have a yes/no server wide vote on a temporary ban of a member. This is then reviews by an admin/someone appointed the duty of reviewing the server logs and then handing out a ban if said player is exploiting such hacks.

Pros:

- An easy fix to get rid of hackers (Yay)

- Less time taken by staff on restoring lost items to players.

- A more enjoyable game.

Cons:

- Players could abuse this feature.

- Not too sure how this feature would work on a low populated server. E.g. 4 people.

To negate the abuse of the feature, simply put a warning system in place. You need to make whoever is initiating a vote to kick responsible for their actions. I.E. if the person that was kicked wasn't guilty of anything. Then there ban is to be revoked and the player that initiated the vote kick is then warned/temp banned/banned. (3 Strike System)

Obviously if said player was guilty of exploiting/hacking then that player would be banned from the game.

Edit: For low servers maybe have a report sent for review if it is rejected. Just in case the player who is accused of cheating has friends who are currently on the server and are voting no.

Idk, it's just an idea. Tell me what you think guys, as forum feedback is the best kind (as long as it is positive)

[/quote']

How do we know who is hacking tbh, without checking logs.

How do we know who is hacking tbh' date=' without checking logs.

[/quote']

Very good point, changed the OP idea to a "report feature".