NecticScheme

My Start to Dayz

I have just started Dayz and have decided to make a series out of my journey on Dayz

here it is

Alpha.

Only one piece of advice. Don't get worked up if you get killed by a hacker. The next time i'll get extremely serious about survival and character development is in the standalone.

• Like 1

That looked like a very normal start to dayz. Don't drop weapons and pick them up again. When you picked up the pwd you automatically dropped the revolver. When you picked up the revolver the game just dropped and disappeared the nice gun and ammo. Very rare too - you might not see that again for a very long time.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

To be fair to the guy who killed you. It looked like he only just logged in then saw some guy pointing a gun at him. He panicked and killed you. Not sure why you took the gun then tried to pick the revolver up again. If you see anyone else just run don't stop to say friendly as 9 times out of 10 they will just kill you.

And that's why I avoid the "pickup x" whenever possible and go straight to gear. I can understand you thought the PDW would go in your main gun slot, but that's only for rifles, PDW is a sidearm. It's also techically a sub-machine gun, not a machine gun, but I won't argue semantics. You can only have one rifle and one sidearm unless you put it in your bag, which can only happen if you open the bag in your gear menu and transfer it over into the bag. However, if you do this, make sure you have enough space. If you don't, it will delete it. Rifles take 10 slots, sidearms take 5.

A few other things

-That Chech vest pouch is actually worse than the starter pack. It has 6 and the starter has 8. Don't pick it up unless you lost any other bag to swimming or a glitch.

-Some mags can be changed to other mags. For instance, if you had right clicked on that M1911 mag, you could use it in your revolver.

-It is possible to be friendly, you just have to be smart. I won't go through all the details, but try to see them before they see you, and keep it that way. Never go near a player with a raised weapon, they can shoot you at any moment (ctrl x 2 is lower weapon). Request they lower it before revealing yourself, and even then, be cautious. It's kept me alive in most situations, and I've only had to kill one non-bandit. What happened to you in this video was unfortunate as there was really no easy way of avoiding an axe man spawning right next to you, but the first one you were far too careless in your relations.

-Don't rage so much. People will kill you, and you will run into a number of glitches. Just take it in strides and move on. Honestly, you've been pretty luck gear wise. My first 'good' life, all I has was a Lee Enfield all the way up to NWAF where all I found was an AKM.

Edited by HerrJon
  • Like 1

m8, it looks like u need a dayZ mentor, helping u understand all the basics...so if u wont, PM me and i will walk you through first steps..