Sign in to follow this  

Dynamic logoff timeout

I don't like those smartasses, who is jumping from server to server and checking barracks/airports etc.

So my suggestion is add to dynamic logoff timeout.

I’ll try to explain. We need to check if players jump from servers to server. How to do that? Right – check how long player have been playing in previous server.

For example:

Player logged in to server. Player played 30 minutes. Logoff time: X.

Player logged in to server. Player played 10 minutes. Logoff time: X * 1.5.

Player logged in to server. Player played 10 minutes. Logoff time: (X * 1.5) * 2.

Player logged in to server. Player played 10 minutes. Logoff time: (X * 1.5) * 3. Etc.

So the main idea: player need to play at least Y time, so logoff would be default (without dynamic variable).

Hope my English is not so bad and You understood the whole idea.

Thank you.

Good idea but i belive alot of players gonna use task manager to remove task and make a quick trip to offline.

Good idea but i belive alot of players gonna use task manager to remove task and make a quick trip to offline.

It wouldn't be a problem at all to keep the charakter in the game and make it A.I. controlled (or just an npc without any A.I.) for X minutes before storing the Data to the Hive and let it dissapear. Not sure why rocket does not do it.

It wouldn't be a problem at all to keep the charakter in the game and make it A.I. controlled (or just an npc without any A.I.) for X minutes before storing the Data to the Hive and let it dissapear. Not sure why rocket does not do it.

Probably because he's ridiculously busy with other matters! Have to say I like this idea though.

After some consideration, I think this suggestion might be a pretty decent fix to the issue of "Ghostspawning" as I've heard it called.

You have my support.

I like it, a solution to server hopping for profit.

Seems simple from a non-programmer perspective, but then again - all our ideas do. Poor Rocket! Hopefully we see something like this implemented.