AllMightyKnox

Barbed Wire Gone 2 Far

The reason i made this video is because some people use the barbed wire to lock down buildings. I remember once i got off a game

and came back and i was trapped inside an apartment building because someone locked the building up by putting barbed wire all around. Hopefully they do remove it on the next update this is me sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGW5JogCRVI

• Like 2

So people fortify buildings, what's the issue? It'd happen in a survival situation, the only thing unrealistic is that zombies can get through!

What's wrong with a tool to cut it? That's what wire cutters are for, which you might find in a toolbox!

• Like 2

As I've said before, until better fortification and barracading systems are developed in the full release, it's pointless having barbed wire as it's rarely used properly and it's generally only used in oppertunity to inconvinence other players. Players rarey go to scavenge specifically looking for it (although I accept it does happen as our own groups do this to protect base camps) but more commonly find it in a warehouse and just use it because it's there, causing an annoyance to other gamers! as tI saw it doesnt even stop Zombies and doesnt cause damage to players, so the only thing it actually does do is blocks players getting into certain buildings, not even buildings of significance or buildings being used as a base in most cases. Even when it is used properly, peole only ghost round it anyway!

Edited by Box
  • Like 3

I really really hope they remove it ^__^

I've only noticed it recently as an annoyance, but barbed wire kinda shits me too. i've been able to get into certain places before but now i can't access them and i'm not so lucky finding 'tool boxes'. However, i just keep rollin' with the game...

It's kind of bugging because like i said, I got off a game hours later i rejoin and i was trapped in the apartment because someone but barbed wire all around. I was stuck there and had to switch servers, sometimes is so annoying because they put it on all the buildings.

Now imagen you are about to play w/ your friends a squad of 5+ and lets say earlier you had left off in that tower, you connect go down the steps and suddenly thats there. Lol....

It's kind of bugging because like i said, I got off a game hours later i rejoin and i was trapped in the apartment because someone but barbed wire all around. I was stuck there and had to switch servers, sometimes is so annoying because they put it on all the buildings.

that sux

I hope it gets removed.

People just abuse it every single time, not to mention the graphic glitches that it produces.

Well, i haven't seen any glitches come from it but seriously...I have a feeling its actually going to get removed =)

I use it to stick in front of my sandbags so people can't vault them, and my base is covered. Jealous?

These are why, whenever I go into an area, I -specifically- go out of my way to cut down any and all Barbed Wire, Tank Traps, or Sandbags I come across. I may only be one person, doing what little he can, but I like to think I make someone happy when they come back to an area, after it being blockaded, to find all the barricades torn apart by their friendly neighbourhood Engineer!

So if you see Valanthe on your server, and you need some wire removed, give me a salute and wave me over, that M4 on my back is for self defense only.

Edited by Kerwyn