Dr Jisko

Cannabundo using Global Ban bypass

* Server this happened on.

US 3061

* Time that it happened including your timezone.

around 8:15PM EST

* What happened during the incident.

He signed into the server and the message player kicked [bSB] Cannabundo battleye blah blah blah global ban appeared about 2 minutes latter he is logged into the server. I am one of the server owners for US 3061 and I have gotten multiple complaints about this user before this all came about but we needed proof... now proof shouldn't be a problem just check his logs :\

the current log files i have did not trace him for some reason so im wondering if DayZ devs could check his files :\

You need to find something on him to issue a ban.. I mean if he is targeting your server you need to protect your players from him. I'd use the log that shows him being kicked due to the global ban and combine it with the message where he connected. He effectively is circumventing a global ban to terrorize your players, that should stand up to scrutiny. Review your logs, look for multiple GUIDs the user has used to connect, I bet he changed keys (we've witnessed users see a ban msg and re-log on a new key in under 3 minutes <_<). Regardless commit all his GUIDs to your local file and if he has a static IP I'd recommend you ban it as well.

If you need help reviewing your logs let us know and also please submit your findings to the CBL https://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/issues/entry so that more admins can benefit. :thumbsup:

You need to find something on him to issue a ban.. I mean if he is targeting your server you need to protect your players from him. I'd use the log that shows him being kicked due to the global ban and combine it with the message where he connected. He effectively is circumventing a global ban to terrorize your players, that should stand up to scrutiny. Review your logs, look for multiple GUIDs the user has used to connect, I bet he changed keys (we've witnessed users see a ban msg and re-log on a new key in under 3 minutes <_<). Regardless commit all his GUIDs to your local file and if he has a static IP I'd recommend you ban it as well.

If you need help reviewing your logs let us know and also please submit your findings to the CBL https://code.google....st/issues/entry so that more admins can benefit. :thumbsup:

he is using some type of program to cover it up... nothing he does is appearing in my logs...

he is using some type of program to cover it up... nothing he does is appearing in my logs...

I play on 3061 often, and have fallen victim to Cannabundo teleported vehicles and people. There were only a few people on the server when it happened. All of which I know aside from Cannabundo.

He was wearing the soldier fatigues, using godmode and had a thermal AS50. I unloaded an entire clip into his face and he started laughing then proceeded to spray my brains all over the place.

I don't know of a program he could use that would hide his actions from the logs, but somehow hes doing it.

Edited by Anubis

Multiple CD keys make it hard for players to be pinpointed. I have had an issue with players on my server changing cd keys. The only way to rid of him is by catching the UI of the players who are spawning cars and spawning excessive items.

In saying this you should ban his ip if he is static and not dynamic.

Edited by Heavy Bob

Thanks for this info he is part of are clan and he will be delt with an banned from the [bSB] and he will be named and shamed on forums.

CPT_ROBBO [bSB] STAFF.

Edited by CPT_ROBBO

Dr Jisko would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your logs for your server to bsbtinyhippo@gmail.com I would like to try and find his GUID's and IP info so I can ban him from our server also as we do not tolerate any sort of exploit in game. I am sorry that one of our own BSB members has been exploiting on your server and as Cpt Robbo has stated he will be removed from the clan asap, sadly we can't do much more.

Just to stress this menace is in fact simply an affiliate of our community, not a full member of our clan. We don't have many rules but we do insist on common sense and fair play so this guy will be black balled from our community and associated servers.