Sign in to follow this  
SteveZGaming

(Official DayZ Cold Nights Thread) Episode 4 OUT NOW!!!

Question:

So tomorrow I am putting up another commentary video, and I was wondering if you, the people of the DayZ Community, had any questions they wanted to ask regarding to Cold Nights. I will take questions, suggestions, or comments...Your name will be said on the video and your question will be answered. I will take anything that relates to Cold Nights. Think of it as a Q&A video for the project, Looking like that may be the topic of the video. We will just have to see...and only a week or so away from the Premiere. It is going to be an amazing adventure!

Best,

SteveZ

A DayZ Standoff for a Friday Video....I am joined by some of the stars that will be joining me for DayZ Cold Nights! Please refer to the front page main thread for the links to the firefight.

Thought this was supposed to be some type of plot or story / edited video... not just commentary.

Thought this was supposed to be some type of plot or story / edited video... not just commentary.

On my Tuesday video I will kinda talk about that...Pretty much I tried to follow a story line, but I was getting killed numerous times and I had about five friends who wanted to join in....So I made the choice to turn the series in a different direction. It will still take a story line approach, and that should show in the next few episodes coming out. For now we can just improve what we have from here on out. In a way the first 6 episodes are going to test out numerous things.

How an episode should open, how intense of a soundtrack, and how we can drive the story.

But in the end this was the best version for the pilot, but over the course of time people should see how the show has evolved as I have seen it myself. But thank you for your feedback and I hope you enjoy the premiere.

Best,

SteveZ

You've been building this 'project' up for so long now and billing it as some theatrical piece edited from DayZ footage... and after about 30 seconds into the first 'episode' it's basically just another one of these let's play videos?

Your original trailers were pretty lame but ok, you were just starting out or whatever... I can cut you a break there. To completely give up on whatever you were trying to do and pass it off as the piece of work 'evolving'... come on.

I hate not having constructive criticism to give instead of just outright criticism but seriously... FAIL.

It took you that long to just film 30 minutes of regular gameplay? I would of at least thought you guys would of been in character by watching the trailer.

It took you that long to just film 30 minutes of regular gameplay? I would of at least thought you guys would of been in character by watching the trailer.

We tried being in character, but some of my friends failed to take it seriously, so due to us running low on time we had to play it regularly to get the episode done. If I was doing the project with something else it really would have been done right. But to get what I wanted would be too difficult to get from a mod where nearly anything can happen. Every time I tried to film the first episode I would eventually die and die and die again. Honestly it took me two weeks to find a person to stand on a hill for 30 seconds and say one word. Which I have no room to complain about that but the content I provided is what it is. I am learning from this project, from every step that has been taken there has been progress. In the master plan after a few episodes it will take a comedic turn into a more serious direction. It will involve why everyone dies, and how it is possible for one to just respawn.

Best,

SteveZ

I'm glad you are having fun and learning with what you are doing, I’ll be sure to watch the others as well. I understand it must be near impossible to get DayZ to cooperate with something like this.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

You've been building this 'project' up for so long now and billing it as some theatrical piece edited from DayZ footage... and after about 30 seconds into the first 'episode' it's basically just another one of these let's play videos?

Your original trailers were pretty lame but ok' date=' you were just starting out or whatever... I can cut you a break there. To completely give up on whatever you were trying to do and pass it off as the piece of work 'evolving'... come on.

I hate not having constructive criticism to give instead of just outright criticism but seriously... FAIL.

[/quote']

As I said when I replied to SLASH-7, DayZ is a super fun game, but is not near possible to get it to cooperate with a project like this. When almost anything can happen in game, every episode may be different every time it is shot. We were running low on our time frame so we did what we had to and made what we could. I wish I could had made it into something more unique than just a commentary, and I still am seeing if I can...But for now it will be regular commentary with a TV feel to it. Every step that has been taken so far there has been either big or very small progress to something even greater.

Best,

SteveZ