Riem

Highway Area - Providing car parts and variety.

Now there we go, though I would have it as a tow truck instead of a crane. Added to the additions list.

As for outposts not spawning loot, I would find that frustrating. New building type, enterable, without loot? Saddening. Perhaps it would have just basic spawns, food, etc. Though that's getting slightly off topic, but still on it.

Have you seen these little things in Cherno? It's not a bulding, just a small sandbag fortification where you can safely fire at the enemies without exposing yourself.

I think he's talking about a simple roadblock, might make sense really. The city might have been under lockdown due to quarantine because of the infection, so leaving the city might have been restircted.

It does make sense. but sandbags and a few armed soldiers aren't going to keep that many people who want out, well, out. Even a small car could plow through a sandbag wall. Perhaps the military blocked the road with tank traps, barbed wire, and a few neatly placed wrecked cars?It would be a much more effective blockade. Also, the road would have to be on an overpass or something, without an easy way to get around the road block. Perhaps set over a large river, or something of the nature. I liked the thought that this could give the illusion of the map continuing, instead of the invisiwalls we have.

I don't see how you think a packed highway fits in Chernarus. In fact, I don't know how you imagine this idea to fit at all -- the whole concept feels extremely out of place on this map.

Rush hour traffic in such small cities? Vehicles packed with goods in such a rural industrial setting? Sudden mass media style panic on an isolated rural inland? everything about this concept just clashes with what I know about the setting of DayZ. It's like it belongs in a separate game all together.

if I were developing DayZ I would be quite confused as to why you suggested this at all. I mean it's pretty much one of the most popular themes for zombie movies already, so it's not like anybody had ever heard of it before your suggestion.

Chernarus Plus will be the map for SA, as there are new areas and changes to the landscape, there is a place for a Highway. It would fit the scenario.

It could be on a map edge demonstating a failed escape staging / evacuation area (think road blocks, wrecks, smoke, dead bodies) Even in a minor city we see wrecks lining up on the road. An out of city graveyard of cars is plausable.

Lets hope Chernarus plus has a stretch of road added to it with a car cemetary. I'd visit often. :thumbsup: I'd love to see roaming hordes of zeds walk through it, A la walking dead style, this would scare me to death and my heart would explode. :o

i was gonna say that. nice one.

Lol I forgot about the wall crawling machettes.

• Like 1

Chernarus Plus will be the map for SA, as there are new areas and changes to the landscape, there is a place for a Highway. It would fit the scenario.

It could be on a map edge demonstating a failed escape staging / evacuation area (think road blocks, wrecks, smoke, dead bodies) Even in a minor city we see wrecks lining up on the road. An out of city graveyard of cars is plausable.

Thank you for clarifying that, and I do agree it would be a great atmospheric effect for the dead bodies and the wrecks. Not so much the smoke though, as I'm fairly sure this is set years after the outbreak. Perhaps rust on the more wrecked cars? After all, years of exposure should make sure none of these cars are shiny.

i was gonna say that. nice one.

Lol I forgot about the wall crawling machettes.

Never forget. Always remember the accidental innovation and amusement apache25 has provided.

I think those bodies would be more skeletons in clothes than "bodies".. if it has been years.

I cant help my self lolling for those wall climbing machetes.

Edited by Zeppa

Good point. Maybe there would be the smallest of open spaces between the military roadblock and the cars themselves, with several skeletons all posed between. Would imply that they died trying to get through the blockade. Skeletons trapped in cars would be somewhat creepy to find, and generally the remains of bodies should be somewhat present.

Don't stay too long to gawk though, I'm betting this would be a frequent bandit stop.

I like the idea of a big highway? But theres simply nowhere we could put it inland. So, i thought i could use this thread instead of making a new one because the ideas has similarities.

ArmA2OA 2012-10-06 00-54-09-33.bmp

ArmA2OA 2012-10-06 00-55-18-73.bmp

ArmA2OA 2012-10-06 00-58-53-46.bmp

Edited by Addetter

Black dots: Bridge

Red dots: Utes or some other island

White dots: If Utes, town names.

Note: Shape of the island susposed to be Utes is not correct, but i know the towns can lay in that order if you turn the island a little bit around. I dont even know if its possible to just copy and simply put an entire island in another map in a easy way, without making it from scratch.

ArmA2OA 2012-10-06 00-58-53-46.bmp

Edited by Addetter

First of all, thank you for not creating a similar thread, and merging yours into mine. I'll update the suggestions part with your idea.

Though I must say that since we're going to be getting a new map for the standalone version, I'm hoping there will be a huge highway.

The idea of an oceanic highway isn't too bad, honestly, and would be an interesting, and dangerous, place to try and attempt to loot. open and no real way to hide from snipers.

The bandits can hide in the wrecks, waiting for a poor soul to come wandering. While a wookie might lay on a hill or in the lighthouse, and kill, or provide overwatch.

Grave'd. Also a new suggestion with a few more incoming when I return from a nap.

Grave'd. Also a new suggestion with a few more incoming when I return from a nap.

Why necro a thread with the last post on October?

Why necro a thread with the last post on October?

Because there are new, but similar, suggestions to be had, and it is always better to post in an existing thread over creating a new one.

• Like 1

i'de like to see something like this, big city with all the cars in the lanes leaving the city, able to be picked apart like OP was saying.

TheWalkingDead_Wallpaper_02.jpg

Yup that would do.

I really hope there is a feature like this in the SA. I know it is an old thread, but it is just too good an idea to let go, but I have played Deadlight since then and they had a road stretch in it. It added so much it was fantastic.

Yup that would do.

I really hope there is a feature like this in the SA. I know it is an old thread, but it is just too good an idea to let go, but I have played Deadlight since then and they had a road stretch in it. It added so much it was fantastic.

I have heard many great things on Deadlight. I take it that the game's good?

Yes, great game, but be warned, it is a short game, so hang out till sale time and buy it then. Puts you in an apocalyptic mood, I wish DayZ could match it.

yea, deadlight is a fantastic game, although short, it has a great ambience about it, and i know the highway stretch your talking about towards the beginning of the game, very eerie.

I would love to have this type of scenario inside the map, not only works for scavenging, so it works for gunfights and survival shit.

Untitled-2.png

Here is a shot of the highway part in deadlight, I believe this is also the main menu background as well.