Deate

In game lag, need help

So i'm lagging very much from time to time, i have played this for 2 days and have been lagging pretty much all the time.

And it's probably my computer thats just bad, but the thing is, there is no change in how much it lags with different video settings, it lags just as much on high graphic settings as very low graphic settings.

Could anyone please tell me why it could be this way?

What reasons it could be behind this?

I have the exact same problems, but the thing is that my computer ain't all that bad and it actually worked perfectly up until 2 days ago when it suddenly started to lag. I'll reply again if I figure it out, I'm having a go right now, but it would be great if anyone else knows how to solve this problem.

I'll give some tips:

Make sure you're using 1.7.0

Trying using the beta: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Use Six Launcher to launch it (when opened, click options and check the "beta" checkmark)

That might help if it's just based on being in a DayZ server.

Also, what are your specs?

I have occasional problems with DayZ as well. In Arma2, on everything maxed out, I usually get around 40 - 50 fps, in dayz, that's usually around 30 - 40. But sometimes, it'll seem to max out around 5 - 10 fps. even if I set all the settings to the lowest possible, it's still like 9fps. I looked around and apparently this is a problem that some people have.

It seems that sometimes dying either makes it start or fixes it. Changing servers can also fix it. It used to happen almost all of the time for me, but it hasn't happened in almost a week now, so that's good.

I have the same problem for DayZ, i didn't tried arma 2, but yeah. My specs are

Video card: Nvidia GeForece GTX 560 TI

Processor: Inter core i5 3.0 Ghz

Ram memory: 2 GB

In my opinion it shouldn't lag.

This is a DayZ forum, Legacy. xD And I have a similar problem. I have VERY frequent lag spikes. And they last for about 5 second and happens about every 30 - 60 seconds. My computer specs are WAY over qualified to run the game. So I know it's not that. The update is what did it. It ran fine before 1.7.1.5

Try logging into different servers...

its going to sound stupid, but changing servers can actually improve your performance dramatically.

if that doesn't fix it then its most likely your connection to the servers which your are trying to connect to.

try gamebooster 3 its a free download and it boost your game most time with 42% give it a try greez nitraatpower