lookin4pain

Could high bandwidth be caused from ESP users

I'm just wondering, I searched and found nothing but wanted to ask others for thoughts. I noticed a few players on a server with pings ranging from 15ish to 300 but the bandwidth varies drastically on a few. I have two people, both pings are about 200, one has BW of over 1700 and the other is at about 600 with the rest of us. I also have another user with a ping of 57 and a BW of 1834... I'm just guessing but could this be related to the server transferring loads of data - ESP to the user?

I'm sitting in the back of an APC on an rMod private server waiting for a friend out in the middle of no mans land and yet had one user with high bandwidth just stumble upon me in newb gear... I'm not sitting near a spawn location

just strikes me odd

In my experience, hackers do have very high ping. I heard somewhere (it's probably not true) that if you can get your ping high enough but not too high as to be kicked from the game, you can bypass something in Battleye and begin injecting scripts into the game. It's most likely bullshit, but it's possible.

Player latency or bandwidth doesn't have anything to do with possible ESP. There's no mechanism for hiding distant objects from clients in ARMA, all players can see anything at any time. ARMA is a military simulator, and there are some very far-reaching weapons in the original game, so that's completely necessary.

By the way, such mechanism could be really useful in DayZ for partially blocking maphacks.

Edited by KizUrazgubi