Sign in to follow this  
Thunderous Thrust

Advanced Character Customization: Know Your Identity

Not half bad ideas! I don't know about "fun" clothing either. But, who doesn't want to see a gang of bandits dressed up like clowns?

Love the idea. I think fun clothing should exist but be incredibly rare... so when you see that guy in the clown suit you stop and get all your buddies to see, take a screen shot and then kill him and take the suit for your own.

I've always said this kind of thing was great, but you got me thinking more. Here's my version. Before you spawn in, you are given choices as to what you want. You can wear hats, masks, glasses, shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, hairstyles/skin color, and make-up. Say we give players some basic articles of clothing. Then we add some patterns you can put on them. And give them color palettes and allow them to color the pattern. What have we got? We have:

1. Uniforms- Hell ya!

2. Identity- No way am I mistaking my teammate with a bandit douche anymore.

3. Personality- Yep.

4.Callsigns- Say friendlies wore white bandanas in that server?

5. Disguises- Take their clothes and wear them, impersonating them. This might be done more on women than men. (cross-dressing would be cool)

6. Basic camo- Always good.

7. You got what you wanted- There's nothing better.

Examples of hats- beanies, baseball caps, jeff caps, fadoras, cowboy hats, berets, and skullcap, hardhat, hood (needs hoodie). Say now you can put decals on some of these.

Examples of masks- half-mask, balclava, scarf, gasmask, surgeon mask, scarf, ski-cap, welding mask.

Examples of glasses- sunglasses, safety goggles, ski-goggles, prescription glasses, monicle.

Examples of wigs- clown wig, toupee, anime, bald cap.

Examples of shirts- collared, polo, tank-top, t-shirt, flannel -Longsleeves- basically the same & sweatshirt/sweaters.

Examples of jackets- hoodie, vest, winter jacket, rain coat, wind-breaker, military, leather jacket.

Examples of pants- shorts, cargos, jeans, sweatpants, chinos, trousers.

Examples of socks- really?

Examples of shoes- tennis, sneakers, boots, rainboots, hiking, athletic, cleats, basketball, sandals, flip-flops- barefoot.

Include a spectrum as well as palettes, and patterns such as- tiger stripe, plaid, cross-stitch, victorian, stripe, camo, paint-splatters.

Decals such as- words and letters for sports teams, symbols like animals and vehicles ect.

Details such as- rips, tears, patches, distressed, wrinkles, dirt, burns, ect.

That and then basic to advanced facial customization. Amazing.

• Like 2

I've always said this kind of thing was great, but you got me thinking more. Here's my version. Before you spawn in, you are given choices as to what you want. You can wear hats, masks, glasses, shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, hairstyles/skin color, and make-up. Say we give players some basic articles of clothing. Then we add some patterns you can put on them. And give them color palettes and allow them to color the pattern. What have we got? We have:

1. Uniforms- Hell ya!

2. Identity- No way am I mistaking my teammate with a bandit douche anymore.

3. Personality- Yep.

4.Callsigns- Say friendlies wore white bandanas in that server?

5. Disguises- Take their clothes and wear them, impersonating them. This might be done more on women than men. (cross-dressing would be cool)

6. Basic camo- Always good.

7. You got what you wanted- There's nothing better.

Examples of hats- beanies, baseball caps, jeff caps, fadoras, cowboy hats, berets, and skullcap, hardhat, hood (needs hoodie). Say now you can put decals on some of these.

Examples of masks- half-mask, balclava, scarf, gasmask, surgeon mask, scarf, ski-cap, welding mask.

Examples of glasses- sunglasses, safety goggles, ski-goggles, prescription glasses, monicle.

Examples of wigs- clown wig, toupee, anime, bald cap.

Examples of shirts- collared, polo, tank-top, t-shirt, flannel -Longsleeves- basically the same & sweatshirt/sweaters.

Examples of jackets- hoodie, vest, winter jacket, rain coat, wind-breaker, military, leather jacket.

Examples of pants- shorts, cargos, jeans, sweatpants, chinos, trousers.

Examples of socks- really?

Examples of shoes- tennis, sneakers, boots, rainboots, hiking, athletic, cleats, basketball, sandals, flip-flops- barefoot.

Include a spectrum as well as palettes, and patterns such as- tiger stripe, plaid, cross-stitch, victorian, stripe, camo, paint-splatters.

Decals such as- words and letters for sports teams, symbols like animals and vehicles ect.

Details such as- rips, tears, patches, distressed, wrinkles, dirt, burns, ect.

That and then basic to advanced facial customization. Amazing.

This would be perfect

This would be perfect

Thanks for the props!

From the Ask Me Anything by rocket @reddit

Q: How customizable will player skins be in the standalone? Will they work like they do now (full-body replacements) or will you be able to find different shirts/hats/etc?

A: Different clothing is on my list of design priorities

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/y4x6i/iama_rocket_potential_questions/