Sign in to follow this  
Aspects

First little look at the New DayZ map - Fallujah

Hey guys, this is a short clip of me, freshly spawned in Fallujah, taking my first looks around the place. I'm pretty new to video making so I'd appreciate any criticism and would really appreciate you taking your time to view this clip :) but other than that, just enjoy :D

I gotta be honest. Falujah is probably the least exciting thing to happen to Dayz. Maybe I'm just a hater, but Takistan is pretty bad. The desert environment is not fun. Way to easy to snipe, the maps are too big and it takes too long to get anywhere, just to get shot. UTES was fun. I think someone should make dayz on zargabad.

Yeah I agree with the tajistan map, but Fallujah isn't too bad so far. I guess I haven't given it much time yet, but we'll see :)

I'd honestly say that your video is better than a LOT of others. You have a good personality for this kind of thing. One thing I'd suggest is to cut the video from running then to the chopper. That would be great, considering you ended up having to start singing to keep the mood from getting too dry. It was the bulk of the video, but it might be a bit necessary. the video overall wasn't too long, which is great. Some things you have to look for when posting videos are 1. what people want to get out the video they're watching, and then give it to them, and 2. how long is it. If the video is too long and doesn't capture your attention fully, a video showing first impressions should be under 10 minutes, or even 8. Before making the video, get your objective clear. If you say, want to show the community what the map is like, then you need to say things like "this place is flat" or some witty variant, followed by some effects of that, as in you could get shot very easily by anyone, and driving vehicles would be easier than anywhere else. If you want to show only your first impressions and don't really have a preference on the community, then you did great. I guess it comes down to whether you'd be a reviewer for others, a player for yourself, or both. Anyway, nice video, and pts for having a parrot (atleast it's not a freaking dog)! Also, where were the zombies? There seemed to be none on that video....

Edited by metapaus
  • Like 2

this is the second footage i see: no zombies no loot..in both i've seen.

We were at the airfield last night and trust me, loot was working just fine. On the way in we saw 2 Chinooks and once on the airfield there were multiple helicopters, a Little Bird, 2 standard Hueys and one which had rocket pods. We also saw a Bi-Plane. Most of the enter-able houses etc. (by enter-able I mean the ones with stairways for roof access were barren) but there are some massive apartment blocks with easily 30 or more lootable apartment buildings. The one market I found had 4 Czech Packs. Tool belt items were plentiful, rifles outside of the airfield were rare and pistols were very rare. Other reports I heard had people finding pistols and generic main weapons easily.

Loot is definitely not broken, it just seems that some servers are all tin cans and bottles and not others. I've also seen this in regular DayZ on occasion so it's nothing new there.

I'd honestly say that your video is better than a LOT of others. You have a good personality for this kind of thing. One thing I'd suggest is to cut the video from running then to the chopper. That would be great, considering you ended up having to start singing to keep the mood from getting too dry. It was the bulk of the video, but it might be a bit necessary. the video overall wasn't too long, which is great. Some things you have to look for when posting videos are 1. what people want to get out the video they're watching, and then give it to them, and 2. how long is it. If the video is too long and doesn't capture your attention fully, a video showing first impressions should be under 10 minutes, or even 8. Before making the video, get your objective clear. If you say, want to show the community what the map is like, then you need to say things like "this place is flat" or some witty variant, followed by some effects of that, as in you could get shot very easily by anyone, and driving vehicles would be easier than anywhere else. If you want to show only your first impressions and don't really have a preference on the community, then you did great. I guess it comes down to whether you'd be a reviewer for others, a player for yourself, or both. Anyway, nice video, and pts for having a parrot (atleast it's not a freaking dog)! Also, where were the zombies? There seemed to be none on that video....

Thank you very much for your input, its greatly appreciated :D

and yeah, only buildings that have loot spawn zombies :P

Anyone have a link for this download??

I believe you can play it with the newest DayZ patch, correct me if I'm wrong. You just need to find a server that runs it. You can find them easily on DayZ commander, but you can also find them on the ArmA and Six Launcher server browser menus.

Your video was good, but the map just looks boring. I think Ill stick with Lingor for now, it seems to be the best. Lingor has like 4 different environment types which really makes it unique to the others.

Yea I just don't get the draw to this map. I guess for the players who just want to chase each other around shooting? I don't meant hat to sound as snarky as it's going to in text on a forum. I'm just not seeing the "world survival" aspect of some of these new maps. They appear to be being set up more for death matches/war.