Sign in to follow this  
Zilla (DayZ)

Dallas 48 locked with TOP members

Hosted by TOP with only TOP members in.

[TOP - BR] JuRnO and [Top - BR] Newbyme

Hooray for unfair advantages.

Was on this server earlier today.

They restarted the server about three times in 1.5 hours and after the third time I spawned on a different server in wilderness with 0 items.

Same two TOP guys.

Avoid.

Are you guys even reading what you're typing?

"OMG DA ADMINZ ARE REBOOOTING THA SERVERZ OVA AND OVA AND NOAW MY SHIZ IS GONE"

"2 PPLZ FROM THE CLAN DAT OWNZ THA SERVA ARE IN IT AND ITS LOCKED!"

Seriously guys... Hours upon hours of work go into make the servers run properly and stable. Multiple reboots needs to occur. You should be thanking them for locking the server so you idiots didn't keep joining it only to come onto the forums and complain more. I spent over 8 hours in my server locked the other day and not one single person complained on the forums. I was testing settings and editting the config files. You guys really need to chill out and quit accusing people.

Regards,

Dizzymagoo

Multiple reboots needs to occur.

Yes; and it's absolutely and totally a coincidence that rebooting is also a reliable way to duplicate entire tents/vehicles worth of items.

Seriously guys... Hours upon hours of work go into make the servers run properly and stable. Multiple reboots needs to occur. You should be thanking them for locking the server so you idiots didn't keep joining it only to come onto the forums and complain more. I spent over 8 hours in my server locked the other day and not one single person complained on the forums. I was testing settings and editting the config files. You guys really need to chill out and quit accusing people.

Regards' date='

Dizzymagoo

[/quote']

Sorry to of offended you. But, locking the server down and getting loot is a common thing among admins across the servers. If you're that incompetent of setting up a server that it takes multiple days of locking it to adjust setting, maybe you leave the server admin to people that are more capable. Just sayin.

Hmmm thats odd. If I didn't know what I was doing, I don't think I would be a server administrator for DayZ. But whatever, thats just my opinion.

Actually, the server admins who take the time to setup their servers. Do it right. Get the settings right one by one. Are the ones who have some of the best servers. Look at Mojo or Sykotix for example. The people who slap a server together with a default config and hope it works are the ones with shitty servers.

If you do it constantly to obtain new loot and equipment, you can get blacklisted as far as I know due to the ToS for hosting Day-Z servers.

So, stop saying 'OMG ADMINS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.' They are not supposed to be doing that and those admins abusing their privileges should be reported.

No where in the OP did they say this had been an on going thing. He was just bitching that the server was locked and two people were in there. Who cares? They're probably just testing things. Let it go. If its like that for dayz on end, then make a thread about it.

So' date=' stop saying 'OMG ADMINS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.' They are not supposed to be doing that and those admins abusing their privileges should be reported.

[/quote']

Except all anyone ever says is "provide proof" and the only people with proof are the abusing admins themselves. An abusive restart is otherwise indistinguishable form a normal crash or necessary restart. They die or lose a vehicle, they hit the switch, then they come to the forums and cry coincidence.

Users are completely helpless.

So, has it ever occurred to anyone other than the one guy in this thread that's actually a server admin (like myself) that they could have locked it down to run tests....which is actually allowed?

Not everyone is trying to fuck you out of your "loot".

It's always an US vs THEM attitude with regards to pubs vs. admins....and it's getting stupid now. Anytime anyone locks their server for ANY reason they're automatically duping gear and looting shit.

Grow up.

I can't remember the last time I played on my server (let alone any). I only go on there to make sure the updates are working, which is when other players are on, and it is never locked.

Some hosts do feel the need to cheat others out of loot by locking/passwording servers, but what you do need to realise is that there are some good ones that are here and hosting for the whole of the Day Z community.

Sooner or later every single one of us will have our server listed in this forum because sooner or later someone will accuse you of doing something. The forum, whilst a decent idea desperately needs an information post stickied ( like the bugs forum ) that lists information and clears up a few "myths". So many people have no clue about how the servers work and what a host can actually do. Prime example being "zomg I killed an adminz and they rebooted their server to admin their gear back".

New threads should me moderated also.

Sooner or later every single one of us will have our server listed in this forum because sooner or later someone will accuse you of doing something. The forum' date=' whilst a decent idea desperately needs an information post stickied ( like the bugs forum ) that lists information and clears up a few "myths". So many people have no clue about how the servers work and what a host can actually do. Prime example being "zomg I killed an adminz and they rebooted their server to admin their gear back".

New threads should me moderated also.

[/quote']

Agreed.

I have been the victim of this as well.

I shut down my server for an update, someone accuses me of "using the admin console to steal vehicles back"

Sorry kids. Doesn't work that way.

Strangely enough, mine has been up since DayZ week 2. The only time my server has been mentioned on these forums is when we had to change to the new server naming convention and people thought the server had been pulled.

Ok maybe not all admins are bad but these TOP BR clan (dallas 48) have been abusing their server all day. Just check out http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30838

Their camp was raided by a group of friends and they decided to lock the server and kick ever one out. Even left us a nice little message saying "GL getting in". Check the screenshots. We will upload videos soon. TOP BR deserves a server shut down for that type of abuse. So stop trying to stick up for these people.

Regards' date='

Dizzymagoo

[/quote']

This.

I'm really getting sick of seeing these fucking threads.

Regards' date='

Dizzymagoo

[/quote']

This.

I'm really getting sick of seeing these fucking threads.

I agree, but in the case of this particular server, it looks like the guys posting in the other thread may have a point. And possibly proof too....curious to see the video myself.