Sign in to follow this  
kill4fun

bad serial key and corrupt game files

Hello, person reading this post, currently i have spent over 8 hours of my life trying to fix OA. i have tried literally everything on the internet to fix this problem. Whats happening is when i launch arma 2 OA it tells me i have a bad serial key. If i try to reinstall battleye it tells me i have corrupt game files. I have, like i said done everything. reinstalled both games, verified both games, defraged both games, gone into parts of my computer I've never seen before just to fix this, but no luck. i cant launch the game at all doing anything, launching as admin, all of that... if you have a super secret fix thats not listed everywhere then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me :( i have beans to offer you ;)

P.S i have gone into regedit and tried that stuff, but i already have the 4 needed files. im thinking someone stole my serial key, or something along those lines... how? idk why? idk when? some time today, beacuse i was playing a game of dayz today, took a break, tried to log back in and BLAM in the face bad serial key... Ive already sent a message to bohemian and waiting for a response... hoping for some luck here.

EDIT: when i go into dayz commander and try to reinstall or update arma2 it says "Wrong CD KEY."

Edited by kill4fun

Maybe you downloaded "something" that stole your cd-key?

LMAO :D

Must be something in the water!

Make sure you're running Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead's first time install before you install Dayz.

That what gave me that problem before.

I've played both games for a looong time, almost since they came out... dont have to worry about launching them for a first time, and i have no downloads today. plus i cant even launch arma OA without getting "bad serial number given during setup" or w/e

and like i said, I've tried everything thats posted all over the internet like verifying, first time launch, etc etc

Edited by kill4fun

I've played both games for a looong time, almost since they came out... dont have to worry about launching them for a first time, and i have no downloads today. plus i cant even launch arma OA without getting "bad serial number given during setup" or w/e

and like i said, I've tried everything thats posted all over the internet like verifying, first time launch, etc etc

Did you manually install or use dayz commander/six updater?

The most fool-proof method i can think of is uninstalling EVERYTHING, re-installing Arma2 and Arma 2 OA, letting them BOTH do first time setup, and then installing Dayz via SIX UPDATER.

Then use commander or w/e you want.

this happened to me. You have to completely uninstall all of Arma 2 OA and Arma 2 (in that order). Then use something like CCleaner to clean your registry (it's the best cleaner out there; doesn't mess your registry; was recommended to me by two corporate IT departments).

Make sure you delete all the Arma folders (you can leave your player profiles in your "My Documents" folder, though).

Then, and this is the most 'dangerous', use the 'regedit' program of Microsoft (comes standard) to eliminate any references to 'arma 2 oa' in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section (you'll see it when you run regedit.

Only reinstall Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA using your original key.

However, your key has been stolen and is being used by someone else. This means that your Battleye GUID is subject to some hackers activity, which may lead to you being banned because your GUID is banned (the GUID is linked to the key).

If you want a clean key, contact Bohemia Interactive support. Provide them with proof of your purchase (send them the confirmation email you received that contains the key numbers).

Good Luck!

this happened to me. You have to completely uninstall all of Arma 2 OA and Arma 2 (in that order). Then use something like CCleaner to clean your registry (it's the best cleaner out there; doesn't mess your registry; was recommended to me by two corporate IT departments).

Make sure you delete all the Arma folders (you can leave your player profiles in your "My Documents" folder, though).

Then, and this is the most 'dangerous', use the 'regedit' program of Microsoft (comes standard) to eliminate any references to 'arma 2 oa' in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section (you'll see it when you run regedit.

Only reinstall Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA using your original key.

However, your key has been stolen and is being used by someone else. This means that your Battleye GUID is subject to some hackers activity, which may lead to you being banned because your GUID is banned (the GUID is linked to the key).

If you want a clean key, contact Bohemia Interactive support. Provide them with proof of your purchase (send them the confirmation email you received that contains the key numbers).

Good Luck!

this dident work for me :|

Did you contact Bohemia support and ask them for a new key?

You should also redownload the original installation files.

BTW took about a week for BIS to get me a new key (normal wait time as they had to contact the vendor). They were extremely helpful.

Edited by SwissArmy

Thanks for all of the reply's guys. What worked for me was changing my key using regedit, then launching arma 2 OA so its set back to its original key. solved all the problems for me, and now i have a new key thanks to bohemia, so no more problems!