Perfectblend

Never Had This Kind of Emotional Reaction...

to a game before...

After a couple days research I went and bought Arma2:CO the other day to get a chance to try this game...

First day playing was amazing....

Rode a bike down the street with zombies chasing me...

Several Tense and Hilarious First Encounters with other players...

But, it wasnt until I spawned at night in a building in the middle of Cherno with no ammo, and unable to see and frozen in fear I mistakenly lit a road flare that I realized the beauty of this game..... Never before has a gameplay experience revolved around me hiding in a corner of a room, with the knowledge that I was the only bright light in town on an otherwise pitch black and rainy nighttime zombie apocalypse.... whoooooa intensity.

:-) Thank You Rocket!

Only a matter of time before the "gucci gun grind" sucks you in and you turn into a deathmatcher.

Only a matter of time before the "gucci gun grind" sucks you in and you turn into a deathmatcher.

LoL

Saving this as the perfect juxtaposition between playing DayZ and abusing it.

Ah' date=' back again to teach people the one true and only acceptable way to play, I see. I thought you had given up? Can't just take the post as what it is - someone enjoying this great game. Have to get your little jab in at the people who choose to play in a way that differs slightly from your lordship's decree. Please, teach us all noble Virfortis. We are all fools who thought the game was meant to be played how we wanted. We had no idea there was a codex. Please. Once again we take a knee and await your wisdom.

You honor this "juxtaposition," yet it took place in the very same game you claim is being ruined at this very moment by all manner of miscreants and ne'er-do-wells. Tell me, in this ruin of a game, how does such a juxtaposition occur? Could it be that DayZ experiences are what we make them, and that if we stop worrying so much about how other people play we might find our own personal enjoyment in our own personal way despite whatever challenges and frustrations we face?

I swear, by the time you decide to get down off that horse you're going to have a long fall.

I haven't been turned into a "deathmatcher" yet.

V2VDB.png

i felt the same way about this game, soon as i downloaded it on a friday i literally played all the way to late sunday sleeping 2-3hrs at a time.. ive never been pulled into a game like this

as for the other comments.. who cares how someone plays? as long as they are not cheating/exploiting

gearing up in this game is far too easy as it is, especially with the loot maps available, a good hour and ive got most if not everything i need from cherno/elektro so dying is not a big deal

I throw flares in my tower' date=' sit on them, and have killed 31 people from it.

It gets better.

[/quote']

It does :) because your the type of guy I enjoy killing the most as your the lowest form of bandit... the kind with no honor.. simple random killing with no real reason or merrit... just killing. When I take your kind out rather its from tossing a frag in your camping ass or from a hilltop 1000 meters away :) Yes it gets much better.

Ya just the fact that we ALL can play ANY style we want IS the beauty of this game. It really is a neat and in my opinion important step in game evolution. The companies will learn WE LIKE persistance. And WE LIKE permadeath it makes our decisions and mistakes matter. I am gambling it won't be long till we see several copycat games be developed. This game will make a killing once it is perfected\improved upon.

I remember literally cowering in fear the very first time I logged in without ever having played Arma II or Arma.

It was pitch black and all I had was my Makarov (I didn't know how to throw flares at this point). I remember running like a mad man through the dark when I heard shuffling and moaning. I panicked and turned to face the sound only to hear a zed scream and start running for me. I back pedal, I fire, the area around me is lit up from the flash and the zombies face is lit up in all its hideous glory two feet in front of me and charging down on me.

Eyes glazed over, mouth open wide with blood caked on its chin. Lines of agony etched deeply into its face reminding me that this was once a person who died in agony when his friends and family probably turned on him to eat him. A simple islanders life finished with the gnashing of teeth and tearing of flesh, and then that flicker of light ended and I was plunged back into darkness again with my undead foe still chasing me.

A second shot rings out, briefly lighting the area around me again and a second zombie has come into view.

Needless to say I died shortly after for emptying all my mags at these two, spraying wildly and missing most shots.

I sat back once I had died and thought to myself "wow...".

...and for the fact that road flares have a realistic lighting radius that doesn't fade out almost instantly at a certain distance like in every other game in existence. When you light a fire, the light doesn't just illuminate, it travels.