Sign in to follow this  
Yeah Cain

BORN SURVIVOR - Situational disasters

When I first played this game the first thought I had was "I'm mother-fucking Bear Grylls", and every time where I find myself in an awkward situation I say to myself "I'm BEAR FUCKING GRYLLS", and attempt to conjour my answer to a shitty situation, and more often than not it doesn't work out for me. Why? Because no matter how hard I try, the game won't let me.

What happened if Bear Grylls found a limb bleeding, but without bandages? He would use the wire in his watch combined with his map to wrap up and slow down the bleeding.

Bear Grylls gets lost and is without his compass. Bear Grylls will look for a tall tree or pole to climb and gain his bearings. He might get shot doing so, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Bear Grylls is thirsty, but no water to drink. He'll drink his damned piss.

Bear Grylls is cold, has matches, but no fire wood! He has some spare bandages... they won't make for good fuel, but God damnit man this is a life or death situation!

Bear Grylls is no pussy and has been shot a number of times. Like the boss he is, he'll drive his hunting knife through his body and remove those damned bullets that are lodged within him!

Bear Grylls just killed an animal, but has no means to cook it. He'll eat that shit raw. He might get an infection, but its a risk worth taking.

There are 3 enemies in DayZ; the Players, the Zombies and the Environment. I think we can pay a bit more attention to the Enviroment aspect of the game via dismantling tools and weapons combined with crafting, and situational trade offs (i.e eating raw meat, drinking your own piss, burning your map/bandages)

---

Good idea, bad idea? Why?

What happened if Bear Grylls found a limb bleeding' date=' but without bandages? He would use the wire in his watch combined with his map to wrap up and slow down the bleeding.

[/quote']

I suppose you could improvise bandages, but wouldn't that require an inventory overhaul?

Bear Grylls gets lost and is without his compass. Bear Grylls will look for a tall tree or pole to climb and gain his bearings. He might get shot doing so' date=' but you gotta do what you gotta do.

[/quote']

With the way ladders work right now... I shudder to think about this.

Bear Grylls is thirsty' date=' but no water to drink. He'll drink his damned piss.

[/quote']

I guess that could work, however you would need to put a cooldown on peeing.

Bear Grylls is cold' date=' has matches, but no fire wood! He has some spare bandages... they won't make for good fuel, but God damnit man this is a life or death situation! [/quote']

You need to implement matches.

Bear Grylls is no pussy and has been shot a number of times. Like the boss he is' date=' he'll drive his hunting knife through his body and remove those damned bullets that are lodged within him! [/quote']

Technically the bullet is plugging the wound. Removing the bullet without bandaging it would make you lose blood at a faster rate.

Bear Grylls just killed an animal' date=' but has no means to cook it. He'll eat that shit raw. He might get an infection, but its a risk worth taking. [/quote']

Why not, another infection vector is fine to me.