starwarsfan@gmx.de

Dynamic Random Events

Okay, so I've seen a few ideas pop up now and then about 'Events' like the Helicopter Crashsite.

I myself would like a lot more of such 'events' within the game as they could bring much more dynamic into the game and add a lot of immersion. I'm not necessarily talking about big loot spots like the Heli Crash, but even subtle things. Like a random dead body within the woods with a handgun and a note on him suggesting he killed himself. There should be plenty of these Events and at each Server Restart or after a certain amount of time a number of them would be placed on the map at random.

What I would like to do with this Thread is collect all the ideas the people on this Forum can come up with to make it more accessible for the Development Team to overlook, maybe help curb all those threads on the same topic popping up all the time and create a huge list of 'events' to choose from. So please fell free to post your ideas down below and I'll add them to this post and give you credit.

How to Post your Idea:

Name

Description

-Loot/Items to be found

Random Events:

Car Crash:

A car crashed against a tree with a dead person inside.

-repairable car

-handgun

-jerrycan

Dead Man:

A dead body, somewhere within the wood or in a remote location. Maybe next to a tent and a fireplace. The body should contain a handgun and a note suggestion the person killed himself out of despair or addressing a loved one.

-handgun

-note

-tent

-food/drink

-backpack

Abandoned Campsite

A small group of tents and a fireplace, with dead bodies and a very small zed spawn. Would also have some small loot piles in the tents, giving the impression that the survivors there were happened on by some zeds, and fled.

-Loot piles contain chances for some civilian weaponry + ammunition.

-Food/Drink

-Basic Medical Supplies (Bandages, painkillers, smaller chance for morphine, and very rarely antibiotics.)

-Perhaps some diaries, notes, with entries from survivors.

Edited by James Ashwood
  • Like 2

Suggestion

That the heli crash sites spawn an hour after the server restart and that you can actually see the helicopter crashing to the ground on a random location and the zombies would spawn 5 minutes after the crash, giving the player the ability to loot the pilot and the other things without zombies, of course you should loose a bit of you breathing ability while in there since it would all be on fire.

I was thinking could Dynamic Events could use DayZ Staff who would play NPC/characters like a Helo that lands in an area for something or...

A truck drives onto a map and the DayZ Live team would control and play as the lost family or people who need gas.

Would players kill them?

With DayZ live team people controlling what would be normally NPC/AI

With Live team actually playing roles for dynamic events - allows outside world feel but your going against live people vs AI

Maybe different variations of NPCs for the random events, which would be more challenging than the day to day mobs. Like police zombies in police stations and certain npcs that can run indoors. It would make it harder for people to obtain good loot and balance the system. 6

Good idea for a thread. We should make more of these so it's easier for the devs to skim through the suggestions.

This isn't my thread, but it bears mentioning. Similar to the lonely body in the woods, but with some minor differences.

Summary:

Abandoned Campsite

A small group of tents and a fireplace, with dead bodies and a very small zed spawn. Would also have some small loot piles in the tents, giving the impression that the survivors there were happened on by some zeds, and fled.

-Loot piles contain chances for some civilian weaponry + ammunition.

-Food/Drink

-Basic Medical Supplies (Bandages, painkillers, smaller chance for morphine, and very rarely antibiotics.)

-Perhaps some diaries, notes, with entries from survivors.

Edited by Riem