Sign in to follow this  
sheriffhd

The best idea/suggestion yet.

Its simple,

We kill the batman.

No im just joking. My idea for the standalone DayZ game is.........Dont listen to the community.

Why?

Because if you try to make one person happy you piss of ten others.

This is where all games go wrong these days, dont try to make the community happy, follow a few ideas, but use gut instinct on main gameplay aspects.

we are playing your game, not our game.

weapon damage/stats from release should stay the same, dont listen to people who moan "this gun is OP, please nerf it"

The last thing this game needs is to follow the crowd with the whole, "lets make a game that is easy to please and draws in the most players because its easy" Give us a game that is hard, that is a bitch to us, and basically ties us down with our balls nailed to the floor while it tells us to do a push up.

(yes i know i have something very wrong with me)

SO my suggestion, stay out the community, shut us out, and go hardcore on the dev. the odd spoiler and patch for the arma mod will be nice, but thats all.

• Like 11

^ You sir stand for the same things as me and for that reason deserve BEANS, so give him your beans and let him swim in beans

Beans, because otherwise this game will try to incorporate too many ideas all at once.

It's fine to suggest things for the standalone, but the staff should do as they feel necessary to keep the unique atmosphere and gameplay DayZ has brought to us all.

Dont listen to the community.

community say :dont listen to the community"... i think it would be fair if they wont listen to you then :)

• Like 2

The whole point of this sub-forum is that it allows the community to share ideas which may or may not be good, that the developers may then read, consider, and potentially utilize as they see fit. The game is still entirely the work of the DayZ team, and nothing is lost through community suggestions. On the contrary, fresh ideas can bring great new concepts to the table.

That's why it is important that the community has a voice in the creative process.

Edited by Alopex

You are somewhat right, but not completely.

Rocket should not listen to everybody. He and the devs team are to choose the best suggestions. We are playing their game. But they should listen to us sometimes. It's frustrating to dig the trash, but you can find gems in it.

what I mainily mean is what the hell happened to the days, when you would buy a game, you would have that game for years after, always playing it. and that game series went on to make more and more games, at the start of the process it was fan-fucking-tastic game which you loved and enjoyed, the features all complimented each other, features other people thought up which they should would improve the game were quickly slapped and told "fuck you bitch this game doesnt need improving"

as nice as it is to be able to suggest ideas to the guys making a game. There is a reason they are the ones making the game, and we are the ones playing it.

The devs are skilled, and its their baby to play with.

This statement can go both ways.. Listening to the community can be great. If a game is being tested, it's being tested for a reason. The developers can't get in enough play time compared to the amount a group of testers can. We just are here to give feed back but people get carried away.

Edited by terrex

Yes. I'm sure, however, that the devs download this info and then upload 95% of it in the toilet. At least this way they get a feel of what their playerbase is like.

Edited by thebirdolux

Yes welcome brother, its why we need artillery strikes to bury the likes of your kind into the deep darkness of blissful ignorance.

"it's"

All ideas should not be implemented of course. However to say that they don't need any input is IGNORANCE at its best.

Rocket needs to see the opinions of the player base, however, it is up to him to sort it out and decide what works. Reading ideas allows him to see angles he may have never thought of. Reading ideas may even help him grow other ideas he's been formulating in his head. If you have so much faith in his ability to develop a game without any input, I hope you have faith in his ability to separate the good and bad ideas he reads.

Not to mention, it's being released in alpha so it's not like every other game. Every other game releases it in beta solely to iron out bugs. Releasing it in alpha is going to allow him to test features out on us and see if they work. The reason why every other game sucks is because they shove the game down your throat as they envisioned it. It is developed behind closed doors and no ideas outside the dev team's ideas are implemented.

Edited by Lights Out

well it seems i am apart of the dying breed that likes to be surprised by their games.

I cant lie, alot of the ideas posted are crap, but you get the odd fantastic one.

All I'm saying is that Id like to be surprised when i first play a game anew. because the standalone will follow the dayz mod concept but in all essence will be its own game.

what I mainily mean is what the hell happened to the days, when you would buy a game, you would have that game for years after, always playing it. and that game series went on to make more and more games, at the start of the process it was fan-fucking-tastic game which you loved and enjoyed, the features all complimented each other, features other people thought up which they should would improve the game were quickly slapped and told "fuck you bitch this game doesnt need improving"

as nice as it is to be able to suggest ideas to the guys making a game. There is a reason they are the ones making the game, and we are the ones playing it.

First, those days are no different than the days today. People still play the same games for years and form communities around them and obsess over them. The illusion is that most people played those games for years. It has always been a very small, loyal, and focused group that has driven specific gaming communities while 99% of the population moved on to something else or waited for the sequel.

Second, it took gaming communities to turn a timing glitch in Street Fighter into the combo system that drives the game today. Community input has a huge role in how games develop, what works, and what doesn't.

I do agree that forum commentary should be taken with a grain of salt. Very loud people will repeatedly say the same thing over and over again (I do it, too). But forum POLLING should not be discounted. For instance, when 80% of your player base tells you they could live without tents and more than half tell you that tents are actually ruining the game, you should probably keep that in mind. If 70% of players own AS50's but the majority of players tell you that anti-materiel rifles suck and are ruining the game, you should probably keep that in mind.

And it seems that Rocket is paying attention to the feedback as he says he wants to bolster the numbers on low-level weaponry and use them to drive the game.

But completely ignoring feedback on an open Alpha makes zero sense, especially when you can get statistics on how people play and how people want to play through the use of on-site polling.

All I'm saying is that Id like to be surprised when i first play a game anew. because the standalone will follow the dayz mod concept but in all essence will be its own game.

If you really wanted to be surprised about how the game turned out, you wouldn't go into the suggestions forum on the official website of the alpha of the game you want to be surprised by.

Edited by BazBake

an anti-suggestion... yes, except if they dont listen to the community than they for they arent listening to you, so it will never happen. Think these things through padawan.