Sign in to follow this  
Fabis94

Crosshair/No crosshair

How do I tell if a server has crosshairs/no crosshairs before joining it? No one writes it in the server details.

Unfortunately there is no way of telling it as it is not a mandatory element in the server naming format. The regular/veteran/etc difficulty level also doesn't mean anything because server admin can turn crosshair off in any of those levels.

I'm trying to get this changed by a suggestion of changes in the naming format here: Server Naming.

How do I tell if a server has crosshairs/no crosshairs before joining it? No one writes it in the server details.

Some servers have things like CH:ON or 3DP:ON in their name (Crosshairs on, third person on). Other than that you just have to find servers you like, and write them down for future reference.

VETERAN usually means no cross hair, no name tags, no 3rd person. So that's one way to tell.

VETERAN usually means no cross hair' date=' no name tags, no 3rd person. So that's one way to tell.

[/quote']

There are a lot of veteran servers with 3dp enabled. According to this, crosshair seems to be also on by default on veteran servers unless admin has taken it off. Expert difficulty however guarantees that cross hair, name tags and 3rd person are disabled, as those can't be even enabled on that level.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but searching through I haven't found much. If we'd like Veteran on with 3DP On and CH off, do we just add these lines to the server cfg file?

By default

Recruit: Everything enabled, even spots to find zeds and other players in the HUD.

Regular: Crosshair on, 3DP on.

Veteran: Crosshair off, 3DP on.

Expert: All disabled.

Server names usually detail whether or not something is enabled/disabled.

Awesome, thanks Yiddus. So Veteran itself is what I want then.