Sign in to follow this  
uownedd

Terrible FPS with 6850

My specs are:

HD 6850

12gb ram

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Lowest settings or highest settings, I get a bad fps drop.. it's so bad it is unplayable. I see all these live streams of people running it no problem. I kinda wish I could be playing smoothly. Is there a fix or something to boost the FPS? It's usually starting at 30 fps then drops to 10. It's weird because in the real Arma II, it works fine! Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: the game runs at 0% gpu usage.. is it that poorly optimized?

Wow, finally someone with the same card, has the same problem as me. I have had this problem ever since I started over a month ago. I just got it to get over 15 frames.

The operation arrowhead runs great for me, but just not dayZ.

Here is what I have in my shortcut which I'm not sure has helped or not:

-mod=@DayZ -noSplash -maxmem4096 -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=4 -shadingQuality=0

See if any of those help, I tried literally everything to help it, but nothing really did. Just tweak stuff see if anything helps, check out on this forum the performance tips. I can only say good luck getting yours to work.

Wow' date=' finally someone with the same card, has the same problem as me. I have had this problem ever since I started over a month ago. I just got it to get over 15 frames.

The operation arrowhead runs great for me, but just not dayZ.

Here is what I have in my shortcut which I'm not sure has helped or not:

-mod=@DayZ -noSplash -maxmem4096 -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=4 -shadingQuality=0

See if any of those help, I tried literally everything to help it, but nothing really did. Just tweak stuff see if anything helps, check out on this forum the performance tips. I can only say good luck getting yours to work.

[/quote']

Yeah, i'm probably going to end up buying a nvidia card, waiting for it to be fixed, or waiting for arma III for better optimization.

I have the same card too, and the FPS problem too.... But I have better cpu.