Flydie

Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

Hey there,

I have found a lot of videos on youtube and tutorials in general on installing DayZ with "Arma 2 free" and Arma 2 OA on steam. I can post the links if you ask on those tutorials, but i believe you are well familiar with these guides. The things is, whenever i try to launch the arma 2 OA shortcut with the

"D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

target wrote into it, i receive an error saying" Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine".

My question is, am i doing something wrong? Or is it just that arma 2 free isn't compatible anymore?

Thank you for you answers,

Flydie

I think the fix for that error is pretty simple

Copy the addons folder from your Arma II folder, into the Operation Arrowhead folder. that should be it

Edit: I'm not certain if it's in the Arma II folder as I can't see an original in my own folder, but i have a feeling i just dragged it over. if not, you deffo need to move an Addon folder from one place to the AO folder haha

My question is' date=' am i doing something wrong? Or is it just that arma 2 free isn't compatible anymore?[/quote']

You are - Free still works fine. I got the same error the other day when my beta patch shortcut wasn't correctly set up.

Doesn't seem to work.

I would buy arma 2, i just want to be sure that this is strictly arma 2 free problem which will be fixed in retail arma 2.

Doesn't seem to work.

I would buy arma 2' date=' i just want to be sure that this is strictly arma 2 free problem which will be fixed in retail arma 2.

[/quote']

Like I said seconds ago - Free works fine. It just needs a bit more work than Arma 2 (That is - move the Arma folder into OA as I recall)

My question is' date=' am i doing something wrong? Or is it just that arma 2 free isn't compatible anymore?[/quote']

You are - Free still works fine. I got the same error the other day when my beta patch shortcut wasn't correctly set up.

Heh, maybe i followed the wrong tutorial. I strictly followed this one http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717901

And downloaded arma 2 free from steam.

Doesn't seem to work.

I would buy arma 2' date=' i just want to be sure that this is strictly arma 2 free problem which will be fixed in retail arma 2.

[/quote']

Like I said seconds ago - Free works fine. It just needs a bit more work than Arma 2 (That is - move the Arma folder into OA as I recall)

Could you give me the link of the tutorial you followed? I tryed another one, now i get into game, but as soon as i join a match, i get kicked out and an error in the chatbox appears, something about deleted chernarus map... SO yeah.