So uh, anyone else a little curious as to who the guy is and what he is doing?

http://dayzmod.com/character/display.php?char=5330

I know he is the provider of several servers, and he's been playing for awhile now, but I can't help but wonder what the fuck he is doing with his time when I see 3781 zombie kills to his name.

Who is TAW_Tonic? A man? A deity? Something altogether different?

Anyone know?

Damn, how do you even find out somones char anyway? I searched for my name but I couldn't find anything

I have no idea. I've never seen him talk in chat, despite playing while he's on the server.

I have no idea. I've never seen him talk in chat' date=' despite playing while he's on the server.

[/quote']

That's how he survives. He doesn't tell everyone where he is/ what he's doing.

Day Z is not a cooking show, we don't need to know that some schmuck found bandages.

Yeah he's undoubtedly the #1 survivor atm. I think he's survived over 2 or possibly 3 weeks already.

he's also one of the top PKers ;) that explains a lot. as for zombie kills, my friend got 350 in two days, not doing anything special, just walking around small towns.

I killed him today at the NW airfield in the firestation, well we both killed eachother :P

Don't think he was too happy, and neither was i, just go a my DMR and ak :(

Tonic is the server manager for DayZ.

Pretty sure he just provides a few.

Signature from an email when I was getting the Seattle server set up.

Regards' date='

Tonic

DayZ Server Manager[/quote']

I killed him today at the NW airfield in the firestation' date=' well we both killed eachother :P

Don't think he was too happy, and neither was i, just go a my DMR and ak :(

[/quote']

Thankfully I backed out before it saved you cheeky guy you, although I did have to wait 363634634634634563246435763476376376 hours to get back up and then went on to kill 8 other people there because I just don't like people..

But if you guys are really that curious about me, I stay mainly up north, away from people 99.9% of the time and live my life as a zombie killer.

I obviously host two servers US 1 & US 2 and I am also one of the server managers for DayZ Dev team, I setup servers, monitor them, update them and check for cheaters and I also host the main download site where everyone gets @dayz i.e. armafiles.info/dayz

All around I do nothing in particular special. My methods of survival are nothing special other then I've been killing all types of zombies on multiple games for 10+ years now. Can't wait for zombies in real life!

Fun fact: My first 2,100 zombie kills were primarily done with a crossbow.

Thankfully I backed out before it saved

Problem officer?

I don't expect many to criticize me as almost everyone backs out. I simply backed out when You are dead popped, no save. So again, Problem officer?

Don't take leaderboard too seriously. Even tho I think Alt+F4 isn't really what man should do, there are no rules against it. Maybe after couple updates it will be "fixed" and after you die it will save instantly.

"I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him."

Expendable' pid='10341' dateline='1336319249']

So you admit to being an alt+f4 guy? Classy.

Remind me, what does alt+f4 do?

I've only backed out for 2 near death experiences. Even so, if it's with a human encounter if I come back I can end up screwed as when you back out while injured you come back passed out and most of the times bleeding for 5 minutes.

Hint hint: the icon that pops up and looks like a broken connection.

Yeah but Tonic....most of us don't ALT-F4.

It's seen as a cheat by most people.

You're supposed to take your death like a man bro.