Sign in to follow this  
RickGrimes45

Using Hacked Weapons?

Thread seems to be about the whole "shit rolls down hill" Players complain to everyone and everything -they can- Admins complain to the players and dev's. Dev's fire back. All natural. Then again.

I know players are not to be banned. All the Admin's posting say they kick -then- ban. Some kick multiple times. I personally believe -they- should get to ban players that have recieved too many kicks. As of now, they can get kicked 100 times, and nothing /rejoin. Meaning the admin has to -deal- with that. Then deal with the bitching about a guy carrying the hacked gun. Then it goes to the dev's because the Admin' would have saved a bunch of BS by a ban.

Whats worse is the language barrier some times. Hell some of the guys hacking, getting kicked for either kit, can't read the warning and just keep joining. Witnessed it today in the forums when the -same- thread was created by a different person like six times. If they can read english lot of them sure as shit can't type it.

Yeah spot on... i have to agree, its an endless problem that we just have to do our best with, in the end we need to stop pointing fingers and get on with it

Really, just because somebody chooses to do something, they don't deserve a thank you?

And it has been said numerous times that only people using hacked weapons deserve the kick/ban, but you keep bringing up the opposite.

read what i said.........

you are getting thanks in the form of ppl playing/downloading/upvoting ur mod/game/server. that is thanks in the best form you will ever receive it in. why do u need someone to type out 2 words? that wont make u feel nearly as good as the sheer amount of ppl that appreciate ur work by playing it or playing on it every day.

Edited by Ballistixz

As far as the server admin's go. Yes I thank them, yes I think they should be able to police as they see fit.

However they are renting the server so I think they should also follow the rules but that is one rule I would be relaxed on...come of if you gottta kick a guy kabillion times...3...three kicks if you get kicked from the same server for the same thing 3 times, at that point I think you should get a BI temp ban, email explaining why you were banned. Then again I don't admin because I'd kick once. Ban from there. I would let the person know, copy it. Email it to the dev's.

The server admin's don't do this to put up with the asstards that generally populate the gaming world. They do it for the few people that are thankful (or for their own selfish abusive wants or daddy issues).

All and all none of this should be an issue as the Dev's know people are gonna bend the rules. It's too much work for them to police the admin's, too much police work for the admin's to follow the rules. So with some extra policing taken into their own hands the problem gets fixed and the only people that can complain are the players that fucked up...but got news for ya...ya fucked up. Deal with it?

• Like 1

read what i said.........

you are getting thanks in the form of ppl playing/downloading/upvoting ur mod/game/server. that is thanks in the best form you will ever receive it in. why do u need someone to type out 2 words? that wont make u feel nearly as good as the sheer amount of ppl that appreciate ur work by playing it or playing on it every day.

Everyone is different. Then you have people like Bushman and AndreasB that come in here and say, "Hackers are better than you because you kick people for cheating". So yes, because we have to put up with people like them on a daily basis, there is nothing wrong with a "Thank You" every once in awhile.

Everyone is different. Then you have people like Bushman and AndreasB that come in here and say, "Hackers are better than you because you kick people for cheating". So yes, because we have to put up with people like them on a daily basis, there is nothing wrong with a "Thank You" every once in awhile.

lolz.

the thing is why put up with them in the first place? why would u even pay attention to such a retarded post to begin with? there are ppl that give u thanks every day. where are they you ask? they are the faithful players that join ur server everyday because they deem it as the best and deem it as well policed. why do u need a physical thank you?

if you really want that then hey, go ask for it. im sure u can make a thread where ppl will say "thanks admins" but i wont be the guy that gives a half assed thanks. my thanks will be in the form of recognizing that ur server is very good and playing on it each day.

Edited by Ballistixz

So im in a specific category now?ill tell you which category im in,the one that thinks there shouldnt be cheaters/hackers etc,but i think ALL of the rules should be followed and punished alike,not certain people punished for having a gun,but you get to break a rule because you think its morally better. everyone should be treated the same correct? I dont hack and never have,but i have a problem with abusive authority thinking youre not doing anything wrong.

Sounds like you have a rough times on the forums bud,you need a hug and suck it up,or put some panies on and roll with it.

Edited by Bushman

So im in a specific category now?ill tell you which category im in,the one that thinks there shouldnt be cheaters/hackers etc,but i think ALL of the rules should be followed and punished alike,not certain people punished for having a gun,but you get to break a rule because you think its morally better. everyone should be treated the same correct? I dont hack and never have,but i have a problem with abusive authority thinking youre not doing anything wrong.

Sounds like you have a rough times on the forums bud,you need a hug and suck it up,or put some panies on and roll with it.

Yes, you are in a category, people who have no common sense. People who would rather have a server full of people who can't play a game the proper way and have to cheat and ruin the gaming experience of others.

Maybe the rules made sense when they were made, but the lack of them not being re-visited when it is obvious that they are not working as intended is pitiful. It is obvious, even to DayZ Team members, that people using hacked weapons should stop or be removed from servers as seen by their posts.

I'm not sure where you get that I have a hard time in these forums, I am in the majority, especially on this subject.

Numerous people kick/banned from the server for this issue, server was never blacklisted.

I gotta step in on this I didn't want to but damn man...the way you argue this the only thing that comes to mind is you sitting in a monster truck in the middle of a nascar race going "I found it I swear to god!"

You have no argument. If they have a weapon that isn't in the DayZ logs, I think, yes they should be warned and kicked that they have it. If you have to kick the same person for a weapon that isn't on the DayZ spawn list, ban that sombitch. Hell if I was an admin I would go all /newb on them try to ask them where they got their sweet gun and when they introduced me to their hacker friend get'em both.

• Like 2

Yes, you are in a category, people who have no common sense. People who would rather have a server full of people who can't play a game the proper way and have to cheat and ruin the gaming experience of others.

Maybe the rules made sense when they were made, but the lack of them not being re-visited when it is obvious that they are not working as intended is pitiful. It is obvious, even to DayZ Team members, that people using hacked weapons should stop or be removed from servers as seen by their posts.

I'm not sure where you get that I have a hard time in these forums, I am in the majority, especially on this subject.

Numerous people kick/banned from the server for this issue, server was never blacklisted.

So tell me how the rules that you dont agree with now make me a bad person,i think all of the illegal weapons should be taken out and wiped,but i also think you and other admins who didnt follow rules should be blacklisted.my stance is follow the rules all the way,not just the ones that help your playstyle.If they banned for every rule broken,i bet ill still be here to play dayz and you wouldnt.youre actually beneath me on the scale,i havent done anything wrong except state my opinions on matters.youre in the category of cheaters,not me.

So tell me how the rules that you dont agree with now make me a bad person,i think all of the illegal weapons should be taken out and wiped,but i also think you and other admins who didnt follow rules should be blacklisted.my stance is follow the rules all the way,not just the ones that help your playstyle.If they banned for every rule broken,i bet ill still be here to play dayz and you wouldnt.youre actually beneath me on the scale,i havent done anything wrong except state my opinions on matters.youre in the category of cheaters,not me.

Ok so this post is way better then the others. yes. If a server admin is being an asstard too, fuck him as well. Forgive my intrusion broheim but your other posts seem either too full of vemon or something because I just couldn't make much sense of them. My previous post explains what the spittle from the ones before this one brought to mind.

Continue on then :)

I gotta step in on this I didn't want to but damn man...the way you argue this the only thing that comes to mind is you sitting in a monster truck in the middle of a nascar race going "I found it I swear to god!"

You have no argument. If they have a weapon that isn't in the DayZ logs, I think, yes they should be warned and kicked that they have it. If you have to kick the same person for a weapon that isn't on the DayZ spawn list, ban that sombitch. Hell if I was an admin I would go all /newb on them try to ask them where they got their sweet gun and when they introduced me to their hacker friend get'em both.

i havent done anything except spread the words of the rule thats here, the dic guy has been cross post arguing with me for awhile.

http://dayzmod.com/f...an-you-confirm/

http://dayzmod.com/f...rs/#entry446536

ownership is not illegal.

Edited by Bushman

My job is to ensure that players on my server have the best and fairest gaming experience they can. That is not possible with people running around using weapons that were REMOVED from the game because they are OP.

Think what you want, if they (Rocket and his team) were so adamant about this, do you think they would allow the threads that advertise the Automatic kick/ban of people using hacked weapons? Would they allow people working for them to endorse these items?

EDIT: Your comment about arguing this across other threads.

You're right, trying to talk sense, trying to understand how anyone can endorse using hacked in weapons just defies common sense.

Edited by AADiC

And you gavalin, i dont see your point,i havent done anything except spread the words of the rule thats here, the dic guy has been cross post arguing with me for awhile.

http://dayzmod.com/f...an-you-confirm/

http://dayzmod.com/f...rs/#entry446536

ownership is not illegal.

You were arguing that its ok to use a weapon you found if it wasn't in the DayZ spawn loot list. Hense the comment about you wanting to drive a monster truck in a nascar race because you "Found it".

The thing is rules are rules yes, rules are generally guide lines. Fuck look at the consitution, it gets amended every time something happens that people use the same logic I am was seeing in your posts. No one has time or effort to refine the rules down to the tee. If server admin's wanna kick then ban for non-dayZ weapons I'm pretty sure the Dev's find this acceptable. They didn't put those weapons in, I could care less how you found it. Now I agree they should be kicked and warned but in my eyes and probably most any admin's eyes one kick/warning.

Fuck the rules, ban after that. You are spouting rules as they are written but most likely not as they are intended.

• Like 1

No,hes got a pissing match trying to say ban for something that is not against the rules,at the same time actually breaking the rules.ban all rule breakers and problem solved right?ill be ok will you?

No,hes got a pissing match trying to say ban for something that is not against the rules,at the same time actually breaking the rules.ban all rule breakers and problem solved right?ill be ok will you?

Well as misscommunication seems to be a big problem in forums and most of life, what exactly did you think he ment?

He said he'll kick, then ban, a player for non-dayZ weapons? To make a better playing server for his players? Same as Derpy_hooves argument. I'm trying to figure out -why you- are bent outta shape? The only reason I can think of is you have such an item and because you "Worked oh so hard and killed the guy with it" that you should keep it? (I am purely asking and making an assumption as I see no reason for you to argue the topic at all)

• Like 1

Wrong, no pissing match what so ever. A discussion about why people can't use common sense. The weapons were removed from the game for a reason, thus they should not be used, not by people who introduce them into the game and not by people who find them on dead bodies, period.

Almost every person who was advised that the weapon they were using was a hacked weapon got rid of it, because they realize that it was the right thing to do. They continued to play on the server and there was no issue. People who hid behind the "Rule" were kicked, and IF they returned with it, they were banned. Now, if they knew about the "Rule", they surely knew they could appeal the ban in the forums, yet none did, weird.

You continue on your crusade to get all us Big Bad Admins who do this blacklisted or whatever, and when it is all over, we will still be here, removing cheaters from the servers to ensure that the rest of the legit players have a good and fair experience.

/discussion

nice to see some people with common sense, this mod is being torn apart by these non legit weapons and the only way i feel to combat this situation with effect is to step up the policing on servers.

The Dev team are so tied up right now jumping between the mod and standalone that we HAVE to help take the strain off them, even if this means one kick then ban.. i myself ban scripters on sight and give players with non legit weapons one chance and one chance only before they see the same fate, in my eyes if you are willing to use the non legit weapons then you become as bad as the scripters themselves, i may be sounding like a stubborn arse but again im trying to keep this mod pure and keep it on the lines it was developed to be.

• Like 2

Its against the rules to kick/ban for such reason,no matter what the benefit is.why im bent out of shape?what makes them be allowed to break rules,but the people who didnt break a rule because its not a rule, get banned?i dont hack,and have no such items,my reason for posting is all should be banned evenly for breaking a rule.even tho possesion isnt a rule,what impact does it have?it may give an advatage in gameplay right,someone may die over it ingame.but banning for the weapon stops gameplay totally.which one is really server disruptive?i think stopping gameplay vs may get killed isnt that hard to see which is server disruptive,not to mention again,against the rules.

Its against the rules to kick/ban for such reason,no matter what the benefit is.why im bent out of shape?what makes them be allowed to break rules,but the people who didnt break a rule because its not a rule, get banned?i dont hack,and have no such items,my reason for posting is all should be banned evenly for breaking a rule.even tho possesion isnt a rule,what impact does it have?it may give an advatage in gameplay right,someone may die over it ingame.but banning for the weapon stops gameplay totally.which one is really server disruptive?i think stopping gameplay vs may get killed isnt that hard to see which is server disruptive,not to mention again,against the rules.

Wrong spankie, they can -kick- but not ban. The problem is kicking someone means they go /rejoin. Now if someone wants to be a fuck tard, trust me go to a police station and do something annoyingly legal. See how long before they come up with something and cuff your ass for a day. You are quoting rules as they are -not- as they are intended. You can kick and scream you weren't doing anything wrong. The community there will slap you with the village idiot hat and send you on your way.

If you can't see they are helping out and openly admitting to what they are trying to accomplish then...I shall end it with the ...

yes there are rules but seriously, open your eyes man and see whats going on, It's killing the mod dead and if nothing is done about it then it will fade to nothing till the standalone is released, frankly i want to continue playing till it's released and many other will agree with me and the only way this will happen is if server policing steps up and people like yourself stop looking at the problem through rose tinted glasses.

Yes i may be breaking some rules but in the end of the day i have 30+ happy players on my server that can get on and ENJOY playing the mod

Wrong spankie, they can -kick- but not ban. The problem is kicking someone means they go /rejoin. Now if someone wants to be a fuck tard, trust me go to a police station and do something annoyingly legal. See how long before they come up with something and cuff your ass for a day. You are quoting rules as they are -not- as they are intended. You can kick and scream you weren't doing anything wrong. The community there will slap you with the village idiot hat and send you on your way.

If you can't see they are helping out and openly admitting to what they are trying to accomplish then...I shall end it with the ...

says right there in the forum i linked they are NOT to kick or ban.

Playing the game on officially sanctioned servers is tacit consent that you will play the game as officially intended - that means not using non-game items. The rule against banning banning players for using non-game items was created to protect ignorant offenders, those who didn't know any better. It wasn't created to protect those who know that they are using a non-game item (mens rea). Once you have knowledge that you are using an illicit item it becomes your duty to get rid of it if you are playing on an officially sanctioned server.

I'm not an admin but I personally wouldn't ban people for using weapons not in the game unless they repeatedly do it. As someone already showed there is a software solution to this problem already available which warns and gives players 10 minutes to drop any non-game weapons, if they don't comply they get their inventory completely wiped. Rocket has never said that admins are not allowed to wipe the inventory of offenders, so everyone stays happy. B)

Edited by puppetworx
  • Like 2

Playing the game on officially sanctioned servers is tacit consent that you will play the game as officially intended - that means not using non-game items. The rule against banning banning players for using non-game items was created to protect ignorant offenders, those who didn't know any better. It wasn't created to protect those who know that they are using a non-game item (mens rea). Once you have knowledge that you are using an illicit item it becomes your duty to get rid of it if you are playing on an officially sanctioned server.

I'm not an admin but I personally wouldn't ban people for using weapons not in the game unless they repeatedly do it. As someone already showed there is a software solution to this problem already available which warns and gives players 10 minutes to drop any non-game weapons, if they don't comply they get their inventory completely wiped. Rocket has never said that admin's are not allowed to wipe the inventory of offenders, so everyone stays happy. B)

exactly and by now every player should know whats legit and not... most are being ignorant and ignore warnings hence i kick them, though again if they repeat their actions they leave me no choice but to ban them, mainly so i can get to play the game instead of spending my 6 hours game time kicking people repeatedly but then also stops me and my other admin recieving abuse a grief for not managing the system. We have had our server now for 2 months and server 287 bans... not one complaint issued to the forum about the bans and not a single email in my inbox.... i'd say what im doing is working.

We also have 45 regular players on our server who play the mod as it was meant to... there is a reason they keep coming back

Edited by Derpy_Hooves

says right there in the forum i linked they are NOT to kick or ban.

I'm not an admin but I personally wouldn't ban people for using weapons not in the game unless they repeatedly do it. As someone already showed there is a software solution to this problem already available which warns and gives players 10 minutes to drop any non-game weapons, if they don't comply they get their inventory completely wiped. Rocket has never said that admins are not allowed to wipe the inventory of offenders, so everyone stays happy. B)

Ok it says with out reason, reason being, you gotta hacked weapon! OH noes! Holy shit reason! PRAISE THE LORD ....now...for the ban. They kick you 'yo dawg you got hacked shit, ditch it" ... you rejoin like a douche.../ban hammer -totally- worth it.

If you want to quote rules by the rules they got the proof, they've warned. Gone far beyond their duties to make sure.

The other guy, I am outta beans to give, blame Derpy, I had to give beanz out for him. However your post was worth an honorable mention.