narcolepticd

Rmod Sanctuary Lingor Island Story

*I am not going to tell you how to install Lingor Island or RMod, nor am I promoting it's use*

So, a little info for those that don't know:

Sanctuary: I private server with its own hive, your character doesn't transfer over to other servers.

Lingor Island: A tropical island map that uses the DayZ mission.

Rmod: A modification that allows the use of more vehicles and weapons.

To my story:

I was exploring around looking for vehicles to repair and happened up two helicopters sitting on a helipad at the Calamar airfield. This place is extremely high traffic due to large amounts of military gear loot and therefore prime bandit territory. One of the helicopters was an Apache-like attack helicopter and the other was a navy transport helicopter similar to the Huey. I carefully made my way to the helicopters, hopped and and realized that they needed ALL the parts to fix so I went on my to search for parts. I managed to find the parts after an hour or and repaired the Apache because its just so badass. It has missiles and shit. I am getting the rotors going only for some random guy to run up and shoot me out of the cockpit with some kind of new silenced weapon. Obviously, I was pissed. So I hopped on my TS3 channel and called all of my friends to come hunt this guy down. Luckily, one of my friends was close by and soon avenged my death. My friend got in the chopper and was headed to pick me up only to get blown out of the sky by some kind of anti-air rocket launcher.

After scrounging around for repair parts I managed to make my way back to that helicopter, I was now just short 1 engine part and 1 scrap metal to get this bird off the ground. At the time there were about 10 people on the server, so I figured, might as well ask for help. BIG MISTAKE....I got too trusting in other people and broke my "Don't trust anyone" rule. I run up to the helicopter only to get sniped from some nearby tall apartment buildings. After that I spawned and yet again made my way to the helicopter after finding some engine parts and 3 scrap metal. I ran up to the chopper from another angle and ran into some guy shining a flashlight it my face. His buddy standing next to him shot me with another silenced gun..

I was about to give up but I figured one more try wouldnt hurt. I then spawn at the closest spot to the airfield. Not even a 2 minute run back to the chopper. I search around and find no one. Turns out the helicopter is completely empty of fuel. I hear some zombies getting pissed but I knew it wasnt me that was doing it so I hop in the chopper and man the door gun. I then see this guy in a bandit skin run around searching it and he runs right in front of my gun. He didnt stand a chance. I totally shredded his body throwing about 75 rounds of 240 ammo into him, just for safe measure. I get out and start to loot his body. He was totally geared out, He had a coyote pack, all the tools you could possibly need short of rangefinders and find this new auto-shotgun weapon that shoots HE pellets. All of a sudden I hear the thunk of a 203 and the then a large explosion. His buddy in an attempt to kill me ends up blowing up the helicopter I worked so hard to repair. He then continues to throw hand grenades at me. I run around, and run up this little hill he was on and he started shooting at me. Luckily, he had the aim of a Stormtrooper because he didn't hit me once. I then ran up to him and blasted him in the face with the auto-shotgun. His buddy raged, I looted both bodies and then hid them. Turns out these were the same guys that said they would help me repair the helicopter....pricks..

So 2 destroyed helicopters and 3 lives later, I have 1 bandit kill, 1 murder, and some badass weapons and gear. Wasn't a total bust and it was pretty rewarding in the end to destroy those guys that betrayed me and make off with all of their loot.

Just thought I would share that experience with everyone. Thanks.

Edited by narcolepticd
  • Like 1

This should have been posted in the Survivor forums, but oh well...wasn't paying attention.

*didnt mean to double post, is there a delete option?*

Edited by narcolepticd