Sign in to follow this  
nairz

Fish

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this game, started this week, and enjoying the game so far.

I didn't survive long in my first hours in this game, because some random players killed me on and on.

But then i switched to low-populated servers and thats when everything went uphill.

I played little bit today and found lots of supplies including weapons and the Gillie-suit, which i heard is quite rare.

So my question is, will I be a running duck now?

Tips and tricks on how to stay alive also appreciated :)

What in the hell is a running duck... And what about fish?

Anyways, stay off of roads, stick to the treelines, get some buddies you can trust, and avoid Cherno/Elektro.

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 3

I came here for some fish, but there IS no fish. What the hell?

We demand fish!!

And i think he means "sitting duck".

Edited by GeordieMarv

What in the hell is a running duck... And what about fish?

Anyways, stay off of roads, stick to the treelines, get some buddies you can trust, and avoid Cherno/Elektro.

Runnin,sitting duck ; Metaphore, meaning will players kill me just for the sake of ghille?

Edited by nairZ

Runnin,sitting duck ; Metaphore, meaning will players kill me just for the sake of ghille?

No cos they can't take it off your...still, lifeless corpse if your wearing it.

If you have a spare in your bag however, this is what they may think! So kill you just to check if you do.

Best advice. Trust no one except your very good friends.

Be wary of people that say friendly, as 90% of people will say that. Then shoot you in the face.

Esp. if you have the shot lined up on them before they've even noticed you. As they will say this to stop you shooting and then shoot you.

And lastly...don't turn your back on any players you don't truly trust. Let them go infront of you when running together etc.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

No cos they can't take it off your still, lifeless corpse if your wearing it.

If you have a spare in your bag however...this is what they may think! So kill you just to check if you do.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Never trust a guy who yells "FISH" and then later says "Oh, well....I already ate the fish". It can only end badly for someone.

• Like 4

Never trust a guy who yells "FISH" and then later says "Oh, well....I already ate the fish". It can only end badly for someone.

HAHAHA!

Beans!!

Didn't know that, thanks.

Edited my post a little. Make sure to read it...the one before this with the ghillie suit comment.

Edit - Also make sure your in the right chat/side channel. As people may be trying to talk to you and your not in the right channel. So will assume your unfriendly as your not answering...and yes you got it...shoot you in the face. Welcome to DayZ.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

hahaha, lesson learned

• Like 1

I read ur edit. I will remember that.

Basically everyone is a bandit in this game, I had several chances of killing other players with good weapons and never seen them as a real threat, I guess that will change eventually

• Like 1

I read ur edit. I will remember that.

Basically everyone is a bandit in this game, I had several chances of killing other players with good weapons and never seen them as a real threat, I guess that will change eventually

You will meet honest players, and maybe even make some good "trustworthy" friends to play DayZ with.

Unfortunately these moments are few and far between. But it does make you appreciate the good/friendly players more, when you do finally encounter some.

I'd reccommend either trying to find some good people via the survivor or bandit HQ in these forums, or look for a clan/gaming community in your country/region.

Not that you can't also have just as much fun going lone wolf. It's totally upto you what playing style you want... hero or bandit...grouped or lone wolf.

As the mod is marketed... DayZ...it's your story. It is what you make it. Savour the good and bad moments, i have never played a game/mod that i have enjoyed so much. And that has made me go through some many emotions. Joy, guilt, remorse, fear & paranoia to name but a few! :thumbsup:

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

fish is no more. Im making a lobster now though, anyone want it?

I have fish, and when i find you I will slap your ghillie clad face with it to teach you a lesson....... DO NOT JOKE ABOUT THE FISH!! :)

You should be able to fish on the fishing boat.. Or from some areas near the shore. Make a fire, open up some beans, cook some fish, smoke a jo-.

No more ghillie face, a player/hacker popped right in front of me and killed me.. so cruel

So where's the fish? Jesus wouldn't do this.

No, he wouldnt. He would share som bread though.