Sign in to follow this  
daspope

Hacker? You Decide....

So my friend Slevin got killed by a guy apparently camping a room in the barracks so I go to avenge him and guard his body while he runs back.

Upon reviewing the video I notice the doorway pushes my rifle off target making me miss a few shots, but still... I swiss cheesed this guy to hell and back and he manages to kill me in 1 shot... I think, I didn't even hear him fire over my gun. Also I noticed his shot were pretty dang quiet for AKM shots...

We get back to the pile of bodies before him and grab our stuff, all he had on him was an AKM and an FN FAL, we leave and about 15-20 minutes we are in an apartment complex going down the strairs, Slevin in the lead, me right behind him and morgan an entire floor above us. We hear a single crack and all 3 of us die instantly, dave then talk shit in side chat saying he shot once with his FN FAL in burst fire mode and got 3 headshots on us... that may have been a 1 in a million awesome shot if all of us were lined up and he was right infront of us, but we were on strairs with no clear shot from the window and morgan was a floor above us.

its pricks like this that make the game stupid as fuck at times...

this video is kinda on the wall whether its a clear indication of hacking or not, maybe bad luck with the door moving my rifle, maybe I was shooting too fast for hit detection? maybe I was lagged (unlikely) or desynced? (slightly more likely).

http://youtu.be/HM1rVTEyueY

Edit: Slow-mo

http://youtu.be/EHlIEeovb7U

Edited by daspope

First encounter, clearly not a hacker. Second encounter doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Thread is pointless.

• Like 1

First encounter, clearly not a hacker. Second encounter doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Thread is pointless.

hows it clearly not a hacker? I've never seen someone take that many M14 shots and live, thy could have all been in his foot and killed him before he turned around...

not bitching about your reply, just want to hear your reasons why.

You miss with an awful lot of shots.

The ones that do hit are mostly his legs, only the last few rounds just before you die hit his chest.

He also dies in the video, so i'd say not a hacker too. If you had of took your time and aimed for his head right from the off...you wouldn't be making posts like this.

I completely agree with Forceflare but also wanted to comment on your excessive shots.

First of all, I know combat is extremely stressful & exciting, but I think you would live a lot longer if you were a bit more careful. I would never rush into a room with a guy I have the advantage on. If you had leaned from the door, taken your 2 or more shots (m14 aim is a 2 shot), and leaned back out there would have been no shooting back. That would be it. If you don't keep it clean then weird shit like this happens pretty often in DayZ.

else you could have 3rd person viewed the hall from outside the door and waited until he was in a vulnerable spot to lean and shoot.

I'm not an expert but i think you really opened your self up to lag/bad luck there. Sorry about losing all your stuff to bs :(

Could have been lag maybe?

Looks suspicious if you ask me tho, if It happend to me i would say hacker too lol

He does take a few shots to the legs and one or two to the chest.

But i'd say bad luck, bad aiming and maybe a touch of lag over anything else.

As mentioned...if you took your time and leaned round corner...you would have won this encounter...no doubt about it.

How can he be a hacker if he died too? Not as if he'd just give himself say another 50% health. If he was hacking...it would be god mode and he would not have died in my humble opinion.

Feel your pain though!

Edited by GeordieMarv

I slowed down the video and by my count there were 5-6+ splats of blood before he got off his first shot making my screen flash grey.

Yes they were mostly in his legs until I fully recovered my aim, but at 8k damage, he should have been dead with 2 shots in any location, well before he turned and shot me...

http://youtu.be/EHlIEeovb7U

lag, you hit him twice and the m14 does the job, you were desync so he was late some istants than you, he died, why he should hack to

1 scravenge stuff and not spawning it

2 die

also the second encounter can be due to lag..no video so it's hard to say.

i've seen sometimes people lagging bad and being in a completely different position than they were supposed to be and taking my bullets

He does take a few shots to the legs and one or two to the chest.

But i'd say bad luck, bad aiming and maybe a touch of lag over anything else.

As mentioned...if you took your time and leaned round corner...you would have won this encounter...no doubt about it.

How can he be a hacker if he died too? Not as if he'd just give himself say another 50% health. If he was hacking...it would be god mode and he would not have died in my humble opinion.

Feel your pain though!

I have seen hackers that bump their health just enough to win most gunfights so that its not as easy to call them out on being a hacker.

the first shot in the foot is clearly desync, your aim is completely away from that spot and the hitbox is just responding late

lag, you hit him twice and the m14 does the job, you were desync so he was late some istants than you, he died, why he should hack to

2 die

i've seen sometimes people lagging bad and being in a completely different position than they were supposed to be and taking my bullets

Exactly. Remember if lag/de-sync is so bad. Where he is on YOUR screen...may not be where he is on his screen.

2 die

He wasn't looting, he was camping, he had nothing but his primary and ammo and in his bag was an FN FAL and ammo, and all the loot piles were there, he was sitting in the room with the door closed and waited for my friend to open the door and killed him.

I have seen hackers that bump their health just enough to win most gunfights so that its not as easy to call them out on being a hacker.

Sorry, ive beem playing this MOD since May. And i have never encountered such a hacker.

It's either GOD mode and they wont die, or nothing at all (health wise). Not that i'm saying i don't believe what you say. Just that i have never encountered a hacker that "boosts his health just a little tiny bit"

The majority of people who have replied in this thread so far also think he is not hacking.

Upto you what you choose to think though. Calling hacks when something doesn't go your way is shitty though.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Sorry, ive beem playing this MOD since May. And i have never encountered such a hacker.

The majority of people who have replied in this thread also think he is not.

Upto you what you choose to think though. Calling hacks when something doesn't go your way is shitty though.

Yeah the point of this video isnt for me to bitch and moan that I got killed by a hacker, it happens. just getting other peoples take on it because it seemed suspicious imho, and even more suspicious with the second incident that I didnt get on video because I have no reason to record us looking for food and soda in apartments lol, later that night there was a lot more hacking going on the server too with people being teleported and stuff.

I wish I did have the second instance on video though, because it wasn't a lag issue then, we all died at once, the guy claims it was a single burst that delivered 3 headshots and other people in side chat were asking why all of us died at once.

review of this video does make it seem less likely a hacker than I originally though, because I was so "in the moment" that I charged in and didnt even realize the doorway pushed my weapon off target lol.

Edited by daspope

Also counting in the video, I fired approx 18 shots, and 4-5 ended up in the dirt... at 8k dmg per shot that's a lot of dmg lagged or not.

Yes i agree, but as i say ...lag/de-sync can do some strange stuff.

If on your screen your hitting him and he is right in front of you...but on his screen he is slightly more to the right/left maybe your not hitting him where you think or even at all.

Just because your htting him on your screen and seeing blood...this does not mean this is def. whats happening.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Yes i agree, but as i say ...lag/de-sync can do some strange stuff.

If on your screen your hitting him and he is right in front of you...but on his screen he is slightly more to the right/left maybe your not hitting him where you think or even at all.

Just because your htting him on your screen and seeing blood...this does not mean this is def. whats happening.

Yeah I see what you're saying... its just annoying when you blood is pumping, you charge in to what looks like a sure thing, start celebrating early then the dude turns around and kills you lol.

I've had situations like that well before DayZ was released in Warfare and the likes and it seems the ArmA2 engine is just piss poor at times in CQB. As it's been pointed out, adapting your playstyle - even if you have the drop on the guy - is the way to go. Also, you couldn't hear the shots from him properly since you just got hit.

The second encounter seems fishy but little proof given that there's no vid unfortunately. Just fired a FAL up in the editor and fiddled around abit, at the range that the guy must have been shooting for the recoil to be enough to grant 3 hits on different targets with one guy an entire floor above it's way to hard to properly get a decent shot of at moving targets in a staircase.

• Like 1

I've had situations like that well before DayZ was released in Warfare and the likes and it seems the ArmA2 engine is just piss poor at times in CQB. As it's been pointed out, adapting your playstyle - even if you have the drop on the guy - is the way to go. Also, you couldn't hear the shots from him properly since you just got hit.

The second encounter seems fishy but little proof given that there's no vid unfortunately. Just fired a FAL up in the editor and fiddled around abit, at the range that the guy must have been shooting for the recoil to be enough to grant 3 hits on different targets with one guy an entire floor above it's way to hard to properly get a decent shot of at moving targets in a staircase.

Yeah I wish I had video of the second incident as I would send it to the server admin, me and the other people were on skype at the time and we all died together at the same time.

Yeah I see what you're saying... its just annoying when you blood is pumping, you charge in to what looks like a sure thing, start celebrating early then the dude turns around and kills you lol.

Don't worry man, this has happened to alot of us. It's just one of those, sigh...then laugh moments.

At least you got him too. Which is better than just you dying. Look for the positives. You got him too :thumbsup: :beans:

Maybe he has a video from his perspective and asking the same as you...how the fuck did i die here. HACKER.

Edited by GeordieMarv