Boombastic320

Seattle 24 - Player [Sparta] Skaz

In chat he said he would kill people in Elektro. not a few minutes later, all of Elektro went up in smoke, with explosions everywhere, and everyone was dying. He is in the [sparta] clan, and the server is hosted by [sparta], and he has every piece of loot possible, with a thousand zombie kills, and constantly threatens to kill people, and apparently does so with godly airstrikes.

My buddy also sniped his friend the other night, and so he immediately appeared in Elektro, somewhere far off in the distance, and my buddy got sniped in a nearly impossible to see spot unless you were in a VERY specific area, looking at that very corner, and you would need a scope and great patience to see him anyways...

I can confirm that there was indeed some type of airstrike in Elektro. I logged in to play with Boom (next to him on a roof) and not 20 seconds after I do so I was instantly killed by some explosion outta nowhere. It was definitely not a grenade or rocket launcher or anything of that nature. It seemed to be some sort of carpet bomb. Very lame.

I am the server admin of Sparta and a Sparta member. I can promise you this was not Skaz. Skaz is also a member of Sparta and you are welcome to hop on our TS to talk about it or visit our forums (feel free to PM if you would like the info).

Sparta has and always been a mature gaming group. Skaz was killed by these hackers alongside everyone else.

Multiple Sparta members were also in game and witnessed the hackers dropping bombs along the coast.

EDIT:

In terms of the incident you are bringing up, we had almost a dozen players in Elektro practicing a squad raid. Skaz was in the hill above town covering.

I am guessing one of you is Haku (or his friends). Let's tell both sides of the story, your group was extremely vocal about your abilities at killing people in Elektro and challenged the entire server. Which is why our group moved from Cherno to Elektro. Skaz, as procedure, called out a contact in TS when he spotted one of you prone on top of the firestation. He then took the shot. No hacking at all.

Let me start by saying that SPARTA is a mature gaming community, built up over many years. We focus mainly on playing Arma 2 tactically. I was online the other night and we have a group of 8-12 people, regulars from the SPARTA community that play along with us for years now. We were roaming along the coast, when we heard on the side chat that haku was in electro with some buddies killing people. We figured why not got out there and try and find them.

Note: this is an open world survival game. PvP is allowed.

So We arrive in Electro, coming in from the north, where the power station is. We know that Haku is around. There is a dead survivor in the entrance of the grocery store. I am on the hill west of the power station. I have a DMR out and I'm looking all over the place for haku or one of his friends. So immediately, I see that the firestation close to the church has zombies walking around it. That is a clear indication of player presence.

Note: the server is configured with tags on, that is because we play in a big group and we dont want to risk shooting one of our own.

So I am panning all over the place trying to look for someone. And for a split second, I see a survivor tag. I instantly stop aiming around, because arma 2 is glitchy and for a second I could've picked up a signature of two of the friendlies that were around me. When I confirmed that my friends were more than 100m from me, I knew there was someone around the firestation. I started looking closer and I saw, your buddy Haku, prone, on top of the firestation, looking down into the grocery store. Someone close to me ranges it out, around 600meters from my position. I take aim, 3 mil dots down, fire one round, right over his head, fire the second round, kill him. Plain and simple kill, confirmed by over 8 people in my group that had binocs out looking.

Now, regarding cheating. Immediately after we killed haku, we raided the hospital, the grocery store and the firestation and left electro heading north. All this time, I had no side chat regarding bombings in electro. We all log off at night.

This morning as I log into teamspeak, we have around 4 guys playing. Two of them, have spawned near the coast and are trying to make their way to us when they hear artillery fire on their position. One of my buddies dies in the hacker barrage. the other gets away.

Time passes and I head over to the airstrip, I see two guys in the atc tower, I shoot them, and seconds later, the whole airfield get bombed, the atc, the hangars, barracks, everything. They get me killed.

I don't know who you two are, i've seen you online in the server. I dont appreciate having fingers pointed at me. If you want to come in an talk to us, feel free to register on our forums.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

skaz

Correction, HAKU was vocal about killing people in Elektro, none of us were at all, and yes you were on that hill, as i said, only one place to shoot at him from, and low and behold, thats where you are as Phish just admitted. You didn't help your argument one bit.

Call bullshit if you like, but it seems every server me and my friends go to, the clan hosting it always has perfect loot, 2-3 helicopters, and 8 vehicles (They actually commented in chat on having this all multiple times, not specific to this server, but in general). It's far too easy to exploit owning a server, Clan members of the admin of every server always have the best and multiples of EVERYTHING, and they live for crazy long periods of time with over 1k Zombie kills. Now i'm not saying it's impossible to not have gotten PK'd through skill/luck, but i've died at least 10+ times to random bugs of falling through floors/walls/randomly falling over dead with no gunshots fired whatsoever, and fully inspected by allies. The likelihood of someone lasting that long without even a single Buggy death is just silly, and it's taking realism out of a realistic (Understandably buggy) zombie apocalypse.

Oh and not to mention, btw, Seattle 24 is the only server that has a Weapons_Config_(Something or other)_Error message EVERY TIME we all log in, whatever that may mean to you DayZ mods, it's so far the only server i get this message on, when logging in.

Boombastic,

I would like to think that of the 30 members that have played ARMA since it was OFP, and our collective century of experience, we know good locations to raid towns.

Hell we've attacked Elektro about 200 times in ARMA 2 on any number of mods.

Ok buddy, you bought Arma 2 for dayz, we bought it for all the tactical play that it allows, years ago. We have played this game every week tactically for the last 2 years. We know the kinks, the works of the game. Alongside that, a lot of our players are ex-military, veterans, and gun lovers.

If you have the ability to read a map, which it doesn't seem you can, go ahead and see that electro's best approach is from the hill west of the power station, because you have height advantage over the whole town.

Another tip there buddy. If you want good loot you have to go get it, risk yourself, go to the airfields, deer stands, get out of electro and cherno.

One thing that is still in my mind, is that you accuse me and the whole sparta community of cheating and hacking, and still you play daily on our server. If its not to your taste, there are 500 other servers for you to try out.

skaz

Skaz has played Arma 2 and other games with us for several years, and in no time has he ever been accused of hacking - nor do I think he would even know how. Sparta members are reminded to be respectful and to direct any concerns to an admin. Any action that would be verified as sub-par would result in a Spartan losing their tags.

A quick review of the DayZ forums can show you there is a series of people using the carpetbomb/admin hacks that BattleEye doesn't stop. Every public Arma server runs into these hacks daily. When this activity was taking place today, Skaz contacted me in TS channel and we discussed the next action. I informed him he should attempt to verify who was using the carpetbomb hack, ban them, and then reset the server so that the map could rebuild.

The Sparta members are hosting a small server in the hopes of being able to play together and concentrate their survival in one area. They have been playing DayZ since its first few weeks, and are well versed in the Chernarus maps and how to siege a location. This server is hosted and administrated by a 3rd party, and we do not have access to any files, or ability to affect the game data.

Our members are well respected in the Arma community, have participated in articles for PCGamer, have participated in several Arma development efforts (including MH6 on DayZ) and focus on mature tactical play.

If there are any continued concerns, feel free to contact me through the Sparta forums (linked earlier), or join our TS and we can continue the discussion there.

-KalXen~SPARTA~ (Legion of Sparta Administrator)