Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Rocktipus

Lost all items in previous backpack when changing to a new one

Date/Time: 5/5/12 2AM US Pacific

Where: Grocery Store in Polana I believe

What happened: I had a lot of items in my coyote backpack, when I found backpack with a larger carrying capacity. When i equipped the new backpack, I dropped the old one, but I was unable to retrieve anything from the old backpack when I selected 'Gear'. It wouldn't even let me select the old pack to switch back to.

you gotta select "Open patrol backpack" instead of "gear" when looking at your dropped backpack

Mod version 1.5.6

Similar occurrences have plagued my game play for a few versions now. I can drop a weapon and not be able to pick it up again. Most of the time, dropping food or other items works as it should but nearly every time I drop a rifle of some type or a backpack, I can not pick it back up again.

This last time I set down my Alice pack that was stuffed with food and supplies as well as my Ak47 with 6 mags to grab my buddies gear from his rotting cadaver to hold it for him while he re-spawned and made his way back to our position. I could not access any of it once it was on the ground. I tried waiting for a while to see if it would register later but still nothing. I disconnected from the server and reconnected promptly in hopes that I would be able to grab it then, but it was gone on spawn.

Certainly an issue that needs correction. Thanks for the mod and the potential it possesses.

The backpack has a time limit on how long it takes before it gives you the option, wait 10 - 30 seconds next time before immediately grabbing ahold of your bag again or items in your bag. This is a common issue I've noticed.

I also had the OP's bug but a little different I had accidentally dropped my coyote backpack from lag and it instantly disappeared until like 2-3 minutes later it reappeared where I dropped it.

The backpack has a time limit on how long it takes before it gives you the option' date=' wait 10 - 30 seconds next time before immediately grabbing ahold of your bag again or items in your bag. This is a common issue I've noticed.

[/quote']

I had this bug last night with my coyote backpack and a alice backpack. I couldn't switch anything in my coyote backpack for at least the 30 seconds but the alice backpack was like permanently bugged and I had to move stuff to active inventory to drop it.

I couldn't switch anything in my coyote backpack for at least the 30 seconds but the alice backpack was like permanently bugged and I had to move stuff to active inventory to drop it.

You could not drop stuff, cause you were trying to drop it into a bag with limited slots. Makes sense.

When switching backpacks, scroll wheel Open backpack, and open your backpack, then switch everything from your backpack to the one on the floor using the arrow buttons. Then pick up backpack.

Easy. No more losing items or losing your dropped backpack full of stuff.