Sign in to follow this  
CrazySerb

New gpu!

So i bouth that new gpu, ati hd 7870 oc and i really see big difference in performance, 60+ fps in the wild, around 40fps towns, everything on max, aa and pp off, so i am really happy now, finaly can play, but other thing that bothers me, i am monitoring my cpu and gpu usage and strange is that never goes above 50%, cpu or gpu, same, i if i set my 3d res on 150% i get about 20% more gpu usage but thats it, where is the problem?

Arma 2 is more CPU dependent than GPU, I have a GTX 690 and I have the same prepormance as you. Game is poorly optimized, thats it.

my is working on 3.4ghz

That doesen't matter. What matters is what CPU model you have and which HDD.

Nik, what do you want to say?

hes saying what model of CPU do you have...the speed means nothing you could have a pentium 4 at 3.4ghz and that would be a problem

Well, not able to upgrade now, i just spent lot of money for gpu so...maybe in a month :) but tnx for advice

I have a Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,4 GHz too, together with a GTX 560 Ti I'm running DayZ mostly on normal settings (Ive spent a lot of work into figuring out the best config for my system.... especially with so many options like in Arma 2).