Sign in to follow this  
team_player

I need to pick your brains

Hey people I recently picked up my first decent rifle the M14 AIM and my mate got an FN FAL, I like long range better, anyway we looted these idiots tents and well if your those people thanks for the stuff. Now yes I understand you lose your gear but I honestly don't want to lose the M14 AIM right away just shooting off a load of shit shots. So any info you can provide on using the gun and so on would be appreciated. I've looked at all the stats but they aren't real experience they can't give you feedback like people can. So please explain. :)

Its loud, bare that in mind, thats basicly only thing you need to remember everytime you fire it.. Its very accurate, and the fire rate is ok, but if you a spamming the trigger, its not that accurate anymore

• Like 1

Both are very loud, the M14 has a great scope but the FAL has burst fire. It's a tough call. I like them both.

Its loud, bare that in mind, thats basicly only thing you need to remember everytime you fire it.. Its very accurate, and the fire rate is ok, but if you a spamming the trigger, its not that accurate anymore

Yeah how loud would you say, lee einfield loud or shotgun loud or like how many zombie radius metres?

Yeah how loud would you say, lee einfield loud or shotgun loud or like how many zombie radius metres?

Well, DayZ wiki sais High, and the Enfield is Very High.. But waht i can personaly say, atleas 100m, max 400m, hard to tell excatly
  • Like 1

It's a DMR with a red dot sight. Accurate as hell. Loud, comparable with the AKM but quieter than the Enfield I think. Personally it's my favourite gun for targets between about 100-400m, before that I'd prefer an automatic and after 400m I find hitting moving players a bit of a mission, I'm not an awesome player though. Ammo is easy to get hold of and there's a glitch with it so atm you get pretty much infinite. Guess that's a bit lame.

Rangefinders give distance in metres.

• Like 1

m14 is my favorite gun in the game. yeah, it's very loud, close to the enfield, but what it does in noise it makes up for ten fold in accuracy and damage. learn to use this gun well, and you'll never need more than 1 shot at any target 400m or below.

• Like 1