Sign in to follow this  
fleischi93

Character doesn't save the right way

Hello DayZ Community

I wanted to play some DayZ today with my ghillie sniper. I got ontop of the hospital in Cherno and shot some bandits before I decided to log out. After a few minutes I wanted to play again, so I restarted the game and it says "Select a gender" and I am being respawned at the coast.

So now my problem is, whenever I try to login there is something different. Example: I respawned at the coast, run a few minutes, logged out, logged back in (on another server), respawning at coast with a machine gun in my hand. But after reloging again on a different server I am suddenly again at the hospital in Cherno with my ghillie. It seems that it doesn't save my profile/character right, or any other thing is corrupted with the mod or my profile. What can I do against this?

(Sorry for my bad English)

Greetz

fleischi93

One thing that will cause this is if you join a server that is running a higher version of the Arma 2 Beta patch than the one your client is running...try to stick to servers that are equal to or below the beta number (95XXX) that your client has installed.

One thing that will cause this is if you join a server that is running a higher version of the Arma 2 Beta patch than the one your client is running...try to stick to servers that are equal to or below the beta number (95XXX) that your client has installed.

I just join on servers with the beta 96895 and DayZ Version 1.7.2.6 (because that's my version) but I keep getting this error, sometimes I respawn as "my main character" (my bandit) but if I rejoin or join another server sometimes I am getting fresh respawned at the coast and sometimes not, it's like I have multiple characters now but I can't choose them, the game itself choses one when I'm logging in.

Edited by fleischi93

You're probably logging into Private Hives. You character isn't saved to the regular servers, so you're forced to create a new character.

You're probably logging into Private Hives. You character isn't saved to the regular servers, so you're forced to create a new character.

This could be possible, I thought of that. Well I won't join any private hives anymore. And I killed my "main character" yesterday, now it seems that it works again.

Edited by fleischi93

I got ontop of the hospital in Cherno and shot some bandits before I decided to log out. After a few minutes I wanted to play again, so I restarted the game...
Allow me to translate:

"I was sniping from the hospital and somebody shot back so I alt+F4'd and logged back in a little later."

Allow me to translate:

"I was sniping from the hospital and somebody shot back so I alt+F4'd and logged back in a little later."

Nice way to start your first post Ghazkhull... Good job! -_- Edited by IIxSubmarinex

Allow me to translate:

Lol, I was up there with an AKM shooting at 200m range targets, I don't use alt-F4

stfu and gtfo, thanks