wozza_uk

The "bin\config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow" error

Hi,

I just tried to play DayZ again after about a month away but I now get this error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow

Ater I click OK I get this one:

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I've just done some googling and it seems this is quite a common problem but everything I have tried so far has failed. PLEASE NOTE: when I play Arma 2 or OA on their own they work fine, it is only when I try to play DayZ that things go wrong. I am assuming therefore that it must be a problem with DayZ and that my Arma install must be OK.

I am really trying to avoid DLing Arma and OA again because it will take ages and of course if they work fine there shouldn't be any need.

I have tried the following from suggestions already posted on the web:

Run Steam as administrator - didn't work

Revalidate the Arma and OA game caches in steam - didn't work

Like I say everything used to work fine. This is not a new download of Arma/Dayz or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you use DayZ Commander? That's what I used and I tried using the 6 launcher and installing the mod files manually, both times with errors. No errors with DayZ Commander, in fact it was really easy to use and set up.

Do you use DayZ Commander? That's what I used and I tried using the 6 launcher and installing the mod files manually, both times with errors. No errors with DayZ Commander, in fact it was really easy to use and set up.

I am using the Arma II Launcher by Spirited Machine and have never had any problems before.