Mentize

Log Cordinate De-Coder

So, recently our server was attacked by a hacker, moving all the vehicles to a single location, we used the log to pinpoint the locations of the vehicles, np.

However only myself and one other member of our team of 4 are able to actually read the logs, so I set to create an Excel spreadsheet to decode the coordinates just by pasting them into a single cell.

I've so far made it so that the program takes the correct X,Y,Z coordinates from the pasted data, however I do not know the exact height of the map so that i can flip the Y cords (As they are reversed in the logs)

-Anyone know the exact height? its not 15,000 but its around that number.

The rest of the formulas i feel need discussing on the Excel forums, rather then on here, although if anyone wants to help out feel free to PM me.

(Working with IFs, LEFT, MID, RIGHT, and CONCATENATE formulas.)

• Like 1

I seem to be able to figure out the North/South coordinates, but cant seem to be able to get the East/West. We also can see helicopter crash sites with what looks like coordinates beside them.

"DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [11827.5,10398.6]"

"DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [11827.5,10398.6]"

Grid 11,05.

--Won't be replying to this thread any more as i was PM'd the max value of the Y axis.--

I got the equation to calculate the coordinates from a dev, and I made a simple program in Visual Studio, hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox....Coordinates.zip

it has two tabs, one to convert from XXXX,YYYY to XXX,YYY and the other one is vice versa.

Just had a guy of mine log in and out, got the cordinates 112 017 to show up as 11298,13596.2,0.000839233

I punched 1129 and 1359 as you said XXXX and YYYY and got 11 139 as the outcomes.

Care to explain more fully so a guy like me can use it correctly?

• Like 1

Just had a guy of mine log in and out, got the cordinates 112 017 to show up as 11298,13596.2,0.000839233

I punched 1129 and 1359 as you said XXXX and YYYY and got 11 139 as the outcomes.

Care to explain more fully so a guy like me can use it correctly?

you have to put in the whole number in the first tab M to E

Y 13596

• Like 1

you have to put in the whole number in the first tab M to E

thank you good sir, you jsut saved my brain a whole lot of pain ! have many beans!

• Like 1

it just errors for me on running it

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application

Win7 X64, any ideas ?

it just errors for me on running it

Win7 X64, any ideas ?

Maybe updating .net? not sure, I just reinstalled windows and it worked.

I got the equation to calculate the coordinates from a dev, and I made a simple program in Visual Studio, hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox....Coordinates.zip

it has two tabs, one to convert from XXXX,YYYY to XXX,YYY and the other one is vice versa.

Brilliant, thanks so much for this. Helps out a ton.