Sign in to follow this  
pcgnBobo

PCGN US 1872 Opens Private Hives to Legit Players - Register now!

PC-Gamers Network: Urgent news story

I need everyone to STOP what you are doing and listen to me.......

Cannonballllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DayZ is such a groundbreaking experience thanks to its open world and persistent nature with zombies encroaching from everywhere. Add survivor teamwork plus lowly bandits into the mix and you have some of the most suspenseful, heart-racing survival moments in gaming history.

But have you gotten sick of the hackers ruining that experience for their own sick enjoyment? You just spent 7 hours searching for a vehicle, 2 hours finding the parts to repair it into working order, and the moment you hop in the drivers seat you get teleported to the ocean and massive explosions and death ensue. What a crock and what a waste of time and enjoyment!

This is why PCGN is opening its doors to the public to enter our new private servers where we have complete control of who is allowed to enter, the enforcement of anti-hacking measures, and the status and working order of the HIVE.

We've built our reputation based on over a decade of industry and community experience and know what it takes to run an enjoyable atmosphere for gamers with integrity. We won't let just anybody in. And we won't hesitate to dismiss those who destroy the experience for the rest of the community.

We have coming at the start of October a private Lingor Island private hive server ready to be filled with players seeking the heart-racing moments, competition, and looting we've all come to love about DayZ.

Shortly after, a private Chernarus server will also go live providing the most well-rounded DayZ experience the community at large has yet to see.

To get involved and sign up for launch, head over to www.pc-gamers.net, register for the site, and fill out your application. PCGN staff will get you ready to go after screening your game accounts and the community ban lists for suspicious activity. As long as you're legit, everything's gravy!

Join us in Teamspeak to join the fun, chat with staff, and get to know the community!

216.52.148.11:5010

And in the meantime, head over to our official DayZ Chernarus server at US 1872.

Will do PC-Gamer people. Signing up!

MIght I add a suggestion? It would be great if two servers running opposite time zones were available. I've found one prvt server that is great but the time zone doesn't sync so well for when I want to play. I want to play during server day time when the server is full. Occasionally I like playing at night, but mostly not.

Not that you probably care right here on this thread but I'm as legit as it gets. I've never even been tempted to dip into a hacked ammo crate or looted known hacked items from a dead body, no duping, no exploiting. Until recently I haven't even been cool with jumping off the lighthouse at Kamehka to get a better spawn! Sign me up bros!

• Like 1

thanks for your interest! send in your dayz whitelisting app ASAP and we'll get on it asap!

Good suggestion! we have lingor live now and chernarus coming soon. perhaps alternating timezones with each map would be worth considering.

I don't jump the lighthouse for better spawns either, I do it for the rush!

I gotta see this! we should take a 6 second video clip and then play it back in super slow motion with epic music

Chernarus private server now up and in testing phase. Whitelisting applications are streaming in. Make sure to get registered before US 1872 PUBLIC server goes down on Oct 1st!

~ 20 added to our whitelist with multiple groups being involved. our public server has been rocking solid with an average of 40+ players in peak times. most if not all regulars will be making the switch within the next week!

Played on this server for a few days, been really enjoying it. Need more people! The application process is really easy so long as you're not a hacker.

• Like 1

we have over 90 players whitelisted, though this week people have taken a bit of a break from playing. We have had a real intense go live since Oct 1st and people needed to take a breath in real life again lol.

we respond within 10 minutes usually on whitelisting applications, and it only takes you 30 seconds to fill out. just don't count on immediate acceptance at 3am on a weekday......

A weary DayZ veteran testimonial here-

I've been playing DayZ since May- and as we all know those were the days when DayZ was in it's purest form. The times when you logged in to play for several hours, and your biggest worry was unexpectedly running running into another player that shot on sight, or getting an infection and never being able to find those all elusive antibiotics.

Initially server populations were small, but popularity ensued and suddenly floods of players made their way to servers, and for a little bit it was gaming nirvana. PvP combat everywhere, more Zombies due to higher player counts, and Rocket making the necessary tweaks that turned this mod into one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time.

But then, things changed. Suddenly players with ghillie suits were being spotted everywhere, along with the end game AS-50's. The tents that you managed to fill over weeks of play on your favorite public server are now empty, and you're finding it increasingly difficult to hide your loot for future use. Then it happens. You start dying in the strangest ways.

I've had it all happen to me, as I'm sure most of you have. Lifted 200ft in the air and dropped. Vehicle you were driving teleported from underneath you. Thunderdomed. Coward hackers teleporting behind you and shooting you in the back. Instadeaths, the lists goes on and on.

Suddenly, the game you love is a shell of itself. Determined not to lose all of my gear, I even resorted to playing with a group that used DayZnavigator (a map hack) to monitor teleporting players, and log out before we were next. But absolute power corrupts absolutely...and we found ourselves abusing the very tool that was helping us survive for loot- the very reason my tents were no longer safe.

It was at that point I realized that DayZ in the public form was broken. I could no longer continue playing that way, and set out to find a private hive as a sanctuary.

I searched over dozens- each of them having their own claim to fames. I found out quickly that more military-grade weapons and more than 4 heli's is a bad idea, so I started off in more low loot bleak-survival type. One particular survival server was spot on to my early DayZ experience, and spent tens of hours on it assembling loot and gathering parts for a badly damaged heli ditched near Solinichy. Finally, after finding the ever elusive engine parts- I was able to get the heli off the ground- only to have a hacker teleport me to the ground instantly hour-glassing me, and watching my heli fly away in the distance as I quietly bled out.

This was almost the end of my DayZ playing days. I refused to play for several weeks, as I had just been cheated out of possibly my greatest achievement in the game.

Then a few weeks later, I watched my favorite DayZ Youtube streamer Sacriel, and noticed he too was having to play on a private hive. I decided to give it another go, and decided to find a more balanced server. Seeing the effects of both heavy loot and low loot, I wanted to return to the more classic DayZ experience.

Several servers later- I found PCGN US 1872. I wanted a server with admins that had prior experience, and seeing as they have hosted servers for 10+ years, they clearly have a capable understanding and longevity to have a solid foundation for DayZ. They have a unique process when they review each applicant to their server, which is key to security. After whitelisted, I initially loaded up, and it took half the time other empty private hives do- even with 10+ players present.

After playing for several hours now- I can honestly endorse this server as the best run private hive I have encountered. Balance is the key on this server, and what I believe makes DayZ gameplay so rewarding.

So if you are in the same boat I was- ready to walk away from this mod and give up such a great experience- give PCGN US 1872 a try. It'll truly be worth your time.

P.S. PCGN Admins- post some highlights to the server (day/night cycle, loot, vehicle counts) so other people can get a better picture, I think it would be beneficial

• Like 1

Good story ZCLUTCH - that is the same avenue we went down when deciding on the private hive. Thank you for sharing.

As for requested highlights, here's some more info.

1. Regular day/night cycle set to 6 hours behind EST. 12pm noon EST is 6am in game

2. Loot tables (items, chances, spawning spots) are unchanged from official DayZ

3. Vehicles - default saintly spawns (same as official with a few added), black suv added, fishing boat added (only non-blacklisted vehicles) with a max of 75 total vehicles on server. Technically 3 choppers can spawn at any given time

4. Restarts - randomized and daily. lack of schedule is to remove advantage to those players or groups on only at restart to scoop up new items. this brings balance and gives everyone a fair shot at new spawns after restart

5. Whitelisting - server has no password, but requires whitelisting to enter. a white listing application provides information for us to search through communities for a past record of hacking and other malicious behavior. our staff acting on this are very skilled and very objective. put simply, this process has effectively eliminated hacking

6. Backups - if something happens to the server, whether technical problems or its compromised and a hacker sneaks through the cracks, we have complete control and ability to restore it to a point right before the compromise. nobody loses here except hackers

Edited by pcgnBobo
  • Like 1

our admins repond very quickly, however we're not always on at obscure moments. We have received your application and will process it shortly. you will receive an email with instructions once we've checked it over.

Many great things still happening at PCGN with DayZ.

Issues of boredom and weird vehicle repairing from the new patch aside, we're still having a great time!

Between now and the end of the year (or world) we will be having several new events. Weekly seek and destroy missions are in the works alongside an end of the world treasure hunt for man kind's last stand against the infected in mid December.

Sign up now at www.pc-gamers.net and apply for whitelisting, but that's not quite all it takes. Then you join the server and play!!!!! Don't forget that part.... and yes I'm patronizing some of you.

And last but not least, PCGN.TV currently in production!

We are averaging over 20 players per night, have added a merchant trading post, placed a few extra buildings across Chernarus, and have had some of the most epic firefighting moments between occupying groups during November!

With over 120 whitelisted players on our server, the action remains to be fierce and constant.

Get over to www.pc-gamers.net and signup for whitelisting and join the action! Then submit your youtube and streaming (twitch) channels to be implemented on PCGN.tv

This is an absolutely amazing server, great admins and 3 clans who fight it out, This has to be the best server I've played on for any game