Skydive (DayZ)

Helicopter Spawn Bug

Date/Time: 9/19/2012 12:30am EDT [GMT -4]

What happened: Crashed helicopter when server experiencing desync from hive. [Crash occurred over a week ago] Came back to crash site to see if helicopter spawned there since crashed vehicles are currently spawning where they were crashed. Managed to restart the server several times to find location of the helicopter crash and witness what has been happening to the helicopter. When it spawns, it is 3 to 4 meters in the air, drops out of the air to the ground and then explodes leaving no trace it was ever there. Please view the youtube recording I made to demonstrate this scenario.

http://youtu.be/iqtECLao45g

Where you were: Near the red warehouse in Lopatino.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.6 / Hive 0.7.4 Beta build 96895.

*Server(s) you were on: US47

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Crashed helicopter when server experiencing desync from hive. [Crash occurred over a week ago] Came back to crash site to see if helicopter spawned there since crashed vehicles are currently spawning where they were crashed. Managed to restart the server several times to find location of the helicopter crash and witness what has been happening to the helicopter. When it spawns, it is 3 to 4 meters in the air, drops out of the air to the ground and then explodes leaving no trace it was ever there. Please view the youtube recording I made to demonstrate this scenario.

http://youtu.be/iqtECLao45g

Same issue here. I found the crash site finally using the UID # which seems to be the location without the commas separating the coordinates. At the site you can clearly see where the chopper has crashed. There are downed trees and a burn marks on the ground. I haven't been able to get into the game quick enough to actually view the crash but it happens every restart. It does NOT reset to it's spawn spot after 7 days. Is there a way to correct this issue?

Edited by rjack85

We are having this same problem and its getting really frustrating but we had this problem before and we were able to fix it. what we done was parked a bus under where we knew it crashed and it bounced off the bus and we could fix it up again.

If anyone has any other fixes please let me know thanks.

We are having this same problem and its getting really frustrating but we had this problem before and we were able to fix it. what we done was parked a bus under where we knew it crashed and it bounced off the bus and we could fix it up again.

If anyone has any other fixes please let me know thanks.

This I want to try if not for the only purpose of having a hilarious youtube video.

Well, I tried the trick with putting the bus under the helicopter to break it's fall, but as you can see here, it did not work and blew the bus up with it. Guess my server will be short of a bus and the helicopter now since they will both explode each time the server is restarted.

Edited by Skydive

In hindsight, I should have made that video into one of those "WTF!!! BOOOOOM!" clips.

Edited by Skydive

Well, I tried the trick with putting the bus under the helicopter to break it's fall, but as you can see here, it did not work and blew the bus up with it. Guess my server will be short of a bus and the helicopter now since they will both explode each time the server is restarted.

This works if you actually park the bus in the right direction lol ><

You set it up to chop the heli in two.

This works if you actually park the bus in the right direction lol ><

You set it up to chop the heli in two.

All I need now is you and another bus to set it up right!

** Or for vehicle spawns to be fixed so when they blow up they reset to a spawn point.

In an incredible turn of events and much thanks to the collaborative effort from a group of regular players on my server, we managed to save the helicopter from an eternal loop of exploding into oblivion with each server restart.

We located another bus on the server, moved it all the way across the map and brought it to the heli spawn / destruction site. I replayed the videos I've captured over and over of the previous attempts at saving the helicopter to pinpoint exactly where I thought it should go to give us the best shot at cushioning the helicopters drop.

I decided on setting up the second bus in a "plus" layout with the original bus and aligning it so that it would be lined up at the same angle lengthwise to the helicopter's orientation. As you can see in the video, I got really lucky and the bus managed to break the fall of the helicopter enough to avoid explosion. In addition to this, after confirming we could repair / refuel the helicopter we moved the remaining bus and the helicopter and then performed another sever restart. Once back up again, we confirmed that the original bus was able to spawn again without any interference so we lost none of the vehicles in the end.

Enjoy the video. It's a sight to see.

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 1

That didn't take long. I can see in my logs that a player has crashed the helicopter and it is blowing up on spawn every reboot. Since I have no idea who crashed it and where, I cannot attempt another recovery.

Guess we'll be waiting till 1.7.3 or whenever the vehicle spawn problem gets fixed!

YAY finally a way to recover it \o/

and luckily we found the second bus yesterday in cherno so it might just work :D

I think we might have the same problem on our server. Still i would like to know how you managed two things:

How did you find the location?

How did you join the server so quick, that you could see it falling?

Thx for any help!

Hmmm I will have to try this on my server. The only problem is it seems to be spawning 200m above the ground , but its worth a shot at saving the heli.

Freaky, to answer your question. On my server it seems the helicopter does not spawn and blow up until the first person logs into the server after restart.